Tzen's Thousand Sons

Tzen

Haha Abadizzle! :D

I am hoping to get more work done on him over the weekend, once I have him done I am hoping to do a fenrisian base for him. Some rocks with lava and ice. Since the Wrath of Magnus book has the Thousand Sons calling up lava quite a bit, I thought it would make quite a nice contrast!

You should be finished just in time for the Lord of change release. 

Yes...please buy that Lord of Change and paint it.

Why? Everything you paint is awesome just like your Magnus! Please keep it coming.

I will definitely buy the model, but it may have to wait a while for me to get round to it. :(

Magnus has been really great, but it's pretty draining! :D

all this is great Tzen but you know we are all waiting for you to do some black legion! now chop chop :wink:

With christmas, movibg houses and paibting Magnus, perhaps you need to relax with some rank-and-file before starting the lord of change?

Black Legion maybe. If we get a new Abaddon model then I will be painting that as soon as it drops. Too iconic a character not too! :D

I do indeed need to paint some rank and file stuff. However before all that I have, weirdly enough, got to convert and paint up a Vulken Hestan out of the Death Watch Watch Commander model. Just don't ask.

I know I've said this before but I love your high contrast painting styles. Your. Magnus is superb you must be thrilled.

I am pretty happy with him, the wings haven't turned out exactly as I wanted them too, and no matter how much I try they seem messy to me at the tips. It could be a case of having looked at them for so long I am being super critical!

I should, I think, have all of Magnus completed today apart from his base. So Hopefully a few pics soon! I am just working on the metal armour on his wings as we type, then I just need to finish his head! Woooo! Nearly there! :D

He looks great buddy :)

I'm currently stuck with BloodBowl and the last 2-4 Word Bearers units sooo ..... I guess we will see us at the ETL? I'm gonna do Magnus and Kairos, hope to see the one or other big bird from you too ;) :P

He looks great buddy :smile.:

I'm currently stuck with BloodBowl and the last 2-4 Word Bearers units sooo ..... I guess we will see us at the ETL? I'm gonna do Magnus and Kairos, hope to see the one or other big bird from you too :wink::tongue.:

I am really chomping at the bit to paint the blood bowl teams but I just have about a zillion projects I need to catch up on before hand :( 

I don't want to come across as a real numb skull here (maybe it's a bit late for that), but in very simple terms what exactly is ETL?

He looks great buddy :smile.:

I'm currently stuck with BloodBowl and the last 2-4 Word Bearers units sooo ..... I guess we will see us at the ETL? I'm gonna do Magnus and Kairos, hope to see the one or other big bird from you too :wink::tongue.:

I am really chomping at the bit to paint the blood bowl teams but I just have about a zillion projects I need to catch up on before hand :sad.:

I don't want to come across as a real numb skull here (maybe it's a bit late for that), but in very simple terms what exactly is ETL?

ETL is the annual Bolter and Chainsword painting battle between the sub forums - I think it's tradition that Chaos always wins now - but we will need every painter hehe ^.^

Link to last years thread:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322374-e-tenebrae-lux-v/

This is a bit of a lowsy picture but I wanted to share it with you guys anyway!

I still have to touch a few things up and obviously do his base, so I will take some better pictures tomorrow when that's done.

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/magnus2.3.jpg

Not too bad, not sure how happy I am with his head, but need some time away from the model to decide.

Looks great.

How did you paint the white cloth? I've just tried doing some on an elf and can't get it looking right.

It's a base of Celestra grey then ulthuan gey then white. The trick it to do a lot of very very thin layers. It will basically look crap until you do the final thin layer of white when it will all of a sudden just look good. Basically just persevere with it it. 

Looks great.

How did you paint the white cloth? I've just tried doing some on an elf and can't get it looking right.

It's a base of Celestra grey then ulthuan gey then white. The trick it to do a lot of very very thin layers. It will basically look crap until you do the final thin layer of white when it will all of a sudden just look good. Basically just persevere with it it.

Will try. Cheers

WOW, just wow, need to see him completely finished and based, but he's looking very impressive, one of the best Magnus models I've seen if not the best, though the skin tone is awesome, the best part of yours is definitely the feathers! Seeing him like that just makes me want to paint my own!!