Soldier of Dorn

Hey Everyone.

Just quickly checking in, I am currently working on Rig and have limited time to browse the forum.  Hoping it will get better in the next few days….

I have almost finished my Landspeeder from last month, and then will make a vow for this month. (I was a little distracted last week by AOS) 

Those assassins look pretty sweet SW1.  One day I would love to be able to include some of those in my own collection.  May have to scratch build a few as I doubt I will ever be able to afford the models themselves.

On a separate note as our fearless leader Psycho seems to have vanished from this log what would people think if one of the other members of the challenge took over running it to maybe re-infuse some life back here.  While I myself probably dont have the time I would look at doing it if no one else could.  Otherwise maybe Augustus if he is willing or even Kurama is he is willing as he ran it in previous years.  I am happy however we go.  Anyway, back to painting the Company Champion.  Keep up the good work guys.

Very nice Brother SP and SW1! I just need to paint the base edges of the three Cerastus Knights and I will taje some decent pictures...

On the topic of taking the lead as The Psycho is MIA, I am more then happy to do that but really their is not much we can do as we cant edit his first post to update etc. With that said, I think we are all mature enough to lead by example.

I was just thinking that myself SW1, we keep track of our own updates each post (something we kind of have been doing). To add onto that, one of us can take the lead and just post an overall update of the people who are still participating, make it the 1st of the month so stragglers have time to post their completions.

How does that sound?

Just headed over to the DW area of our site to look at how best to put the marines I've got into squads/kill teams.

That FAQ has really screwed the codex to death much more than I'd realised. I can't really face painting the numbers of marines I was originally planning to paint. Some of the conversions I really like (like the angry marine) I'll paint but it's really sucked out the forward momentum I wanted to have with the DW. :(

So much waisted money!!!

I'm going to look at the rest of my options and try and kick start myself. The Assassins hopefully will rekindle my hobby foo and maybe I should get the GK's done instead?

I'm still deep into reflooring my house- 1 more room and then transitions, reducers and quarter rounds to go- shoooo...

I'm hoping Psycho is ok and agree that we should continue on as though he was still with us.

Update wise I've pretty been using the dakkablade as a test model for weathering and oil paint wash remembering tool:)... looking forward to getting a proper pic as I've got about 6 hours into the glorious yellow of the VIIth on her and imagine about 2 more hours to finish.

I've learned new stuff- been reading/watching tutorials and enjoying the heck out of 'Praetorian of Dorn'...FYI the audiobook is on YouTube!!

Thats one hell of a lot of yellow.  I struggled to even paint a single marine in that colour so hats off to you sir.

@KBA: Thanks mate.  Its not how the original model looked (he had a bare Sanguinary Guard head and a few other slight changes) but in the end he just fell together.  Glad you like him.

Ok so I've been gone for ages, what happened to The Psycho? I hope he's alright. I'm really struggling to put paint on plastic at the moment, so i'm taking February as my bye month. I'll use it to finish off January's vow and hopefully hit the ground running in March. Keep up the good work everyone and it's always great to see this board working together, its what makes the B&C what it is. 

I havent seen The Psycho around the B&C for a while now, hopefully nothing bad has happened.

I initially pledged my Atrapos chassis for this month but I got sidetracked by the Falchion I am working on for my Sons of Horus, so I may end up working backwards and painting his armour thia month and the chassis next.

Ok so I've been gone for ages, what happened to The Psycho? I hope he's alright.

I havent seen The Psycho around the B&C for a while now, hopefully nothing bad has happened.

I've been in contact with him a couple of times over the last few weeks so he's still alive and well. I let him know you folks were worried so hopefully he'll pop by to let you all know what's going on in the next few days. :tu:

Archived