The Vengeance of Angels: Legion Praetor Complete 11/10/18

Spaced Hulk

Thank you all for the kind words brothers :thumbsup: . I must admit, I'd been procrastinating about painting any of the robed models for my army, so glad to hear they look ok :smile.:.

Not too much progress to report I'm afraid, but I have built a few more marines for my new Tactical squad. I'm aiming for a mixture of robed and un-robed models in this unit, as an obvious indication that these are Caliban-Born rather than Terran Veterans.

gallery_917_12885_531609.jpg

gallery_917_12885_1061403.jpg

gallery_917_12885_421720.jpg

gallery_917_12885_701786.jpg

That's some great kitbashing, I didn't think our Legion heads would look so good on the robes.

I particularly fancy the pose of the dude in the second picture :D

If you want to mark them as calibanites, you can paint their left shoulder pad green.

According to "Call of the Lion", the Primarch decreed that the calibanites introduced into the Legion should wear it as memento of the battles fought to rid their planet of the Great Beasts.

It wasn't said if ALL calibanites had to/could wear the green, and this wasn't mentioned again in any other story.

Plus, HH6: Retribution shows a calibanite officer with no green on his armour...

My conclusion was that it would be limited to those knights that actually fought the Great Beasts, and not the following generations.

I think it's a good way to make calibanite veterans stand out!

@ Khârn the Bloody: Thanks mate! :thumbsup: I did consider painting the left shoulder pads green, but I wondered if it might make the models look a bit too busy. I do like the idea that it marks out the veterans of Caliban's knightly orders though, so I might try a test model at some point.

Maybe just add some green detailing, it doesn't have to be blocked out in green to honour the Lions decree?

Cheers brothers! :thumbsup: I'm probably going to wait until Angelus is released before I add most of the heraldic details, simply so I don't end up having to change things. Certain elements which have already been shown (like Tactical arrows and so on) are fine, but I'd rather wait for the official scheme before spending too much time free-handing symbols etc. The chequers are a good example actually, as I'm sure I've read somewhere that Alan Bligh has said that different coloured chequers represent different ranks within the Legion.

Minor update again, as I've just about finished another couple of Tactical Marines:

gallery_917_12885_1331389.jpg

And here's the squad so far:

http://i.imgur.com/9HlCQQC.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been quite a while since I last posted an update. Two months ago I became a Dad :biggrin.: and since then hobby time (and indeed time in general) has obviously been in very short supply. However, I managed to find a couple of hours today to finish building a few models that have been languishing on my work desk:

The remaining 4 members of my Ironclad (Terran) Veteran Squad:

gallery_917_12575_1773327.jpg

First two marines for a Calibanate Veteran Squad:

gallery_917_12575_279430.jpg

And finally a primed & ready to paint DA Legion Vigilator:

gallery_917_12575_1289152.jpg

Next time will hopefully be some more painted Tac Marines :smile.: Thanks for looking!

Adding my voice to the praise on these guys - really characterful and full of fun.

May I ask where the chainmail loincloth is from? is it home sculpted or bought in, as I've been looking for a supply of these for a while (too lazy/lack of time with kids around to do loads of sculpting)

Cheers :D

• 3 weeks later...

@ deathspectersrg7: Cheers mate! :smile.: I think I'll be building a new Vigilator model though, as that one is being repurposed for a new 40K project :wink:

Just a brief update, as hobby time is still extremely limited. A WIP First Legion Praetor, armed with a power fist & paragon blade:

gallery_917_12575_26954.jpg

Thanks for looking! :smile.:

Where are all those bits from? Awesome stuff

Well looking at the model closely I'd say...

Head- Deathwing Knights kit, probably the squad sergeant's head.

Left Shoulder Pad and tilt shield- That sick plastic Interrogator Chaplain model GW released a year or so ago.

Sword- Ravenwing Black Knights kit, it's one of several swords contained within.

Body, legs and left arm- Deathwatch Chaplain Cassius, great model that.

Power Fist- Forgeworld's Mk.IV Armour Weapon Upgrade sprue.

Backpack & Cloak- Forgeworld Mk.IV Legion Command Set, the one with the Champion & Banner Bearer, the cloak is from the Bearer.

Right Shoulder Pad- This is the only art I can't actually tell where it's from due to the bad angle, I suspect I could identify if I had a better view but until then I can only assume it's from one of the DA kits.

Thank you for the kind words brothers! Glad you like him! :smile.:

@ SanguiniusReborn: Nearly there mate, only a couple of bits misidentified. The head is actually from the most recent DA upgrade sprue (it's the butt ugly cowled head with the disproportionately large jaw, but it looks fine with a high gorget or Mark VIII torso), while the backpack with cloak is from the Minotaurs Chaplain Enkomi model. The other bits you identified are all completely correct though :thumbsup:.

Here's a couple more pics from different angles (so you can see the right pauldron clearly) :smile.::

med_gallery_917_12575_1204004.jpg med_gallery_917_12575_909321.jpg

One more update for today. An early WIP pic of my new Vigilator Consul:

gallery_917_12575_437617.jpg

Thanks for looking! :smile.:

Archived