[HH1.0] Legio Custodes Tactica

Charlo

As it it meantioned in the core rules.

Page 73, last sentence.

"Pivoting is always blablabla to prevent it from moving further than allowed."

Makes no sense, if ya can make your tournament cheating Mambojambo. ;)

With the new FAQ it's clear.

But nothing stops the internet from trying to find new loopholes.

I don't know how to make a smilie which roles with it's eyes but now would be the perfect time for it. :)

Let's try this:

Pivot the damn thing and than move it.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong with all my trying to have a good time with my friends and don't wanting to squeez as much juice out of the rules to win. ;)

We should probably wait on this vehicles rules before we get crazy. If it's not assault, my bet, then you won't be charging anyway. Then you may want to block your squad with the vehicle to give then cover anyway. Etc etc.

Also then we can continue to disect the FAQ in the rules forum so this thread is mostly Custodes stuff. There might even be a thread on the topic already. I'm phone posting at the moment so it's hard to search/start a new thread.

As it it meantioned in the core rules.

Page 73, last sentence.

"Pivoting is always blablabla to prevent it from moving further than allowed."

Makes no sense, if ya can make your tournament cheating Mambojambo. :wink:

With the new FAQ it's clear.

But nothing stops the internet from trying to find new loopholes.

I don't know how to make a smilie which roles with it's eyes but now would be the perfect time for it. :smile.:

Let's try this:

Pivot the damn thing and than move it.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong with all my trying to have a good time with my friends and don't wanting to squeez as much juice out of the rules to win. :wink:

Wow...

This is what it actually says:

"Pivoting is always done from the centre of a vehicle to prevent it from accidentally moving further than intended or allowed."

Tournament players cheat of course, but it's only upstanding citizens that misquote rules to smear them....

And with that, take it to the Official Rules forum since y'all are now talking about how the Core Game Mechanics work vs Custodes Tactica.

Based off that they mirror other grav tanks/rhinos and only hold 5, I would bet on it not being an assault tank, with an actual assault tank variant on it's way.

But it's not impossible. It'd be weird considering how it's not designed like an assault vehicle. Unless they just want to patch in an assault vehicle or it has some sort of fancy short range teleportation matrix that can beam them out.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I ran a full Custodes list the other day (my friends let me use them as a full army and not just an allied detachment. They were practising for a doubles event, so it was my 2k versus 2 1k lists.

My list was:

HQ:

5 Custodes with Sword and Board

ELITES:

3 Custodes with Sword and Board

TROOPS:

3 Custodes with Spears

3 Custodes with Spears

3 Custodes with Spears

3 Custodes with Spears

HS:

Grav Tank x3

Their list was a combined Death Guard/Sons of Horus list, nothing overly brutal, but quite thematic.

The game was pretty fun, I did notice that the lack of Fearless and attacks means the army struggles to get wounds across and can get run down if a round goes poorly. The Sword and Board guys are, unsurprisingly, really resilient. I think I failed more 2+ saves on them than their 4++ rerollables. It seems like the list relies on getting into combat (surprising noone) and grinding the enemy down through raw stat advantage.

The resilience is insane, having models be able to shrug off Lascannons and Missiles whilst they close the distance is so refreshing. The battle was pretty brutal, we ended the game with 8 Missile Devastators, 2 Quad Destroyer rapier batteries and a Rhino on their side whilst I had a Grav Tank, my HQ squad (all wounded but all alive), 2 1 man Sword and Board units and a 3 man Spear unit left. 

3 Custodes with Spears

I ran a full Custodes list the other day (my friends let me use them as a full army and not just an allied detachment. They were practising for a doubles event, so it was my 2k versus 2 1k lists.

My list was:

HQ:

5 Custodes with Sword and Board

ELITES:

TROOPS:

3 Custodes with Spears

3 Custodes with Spears

3 Custodes with Spears

3 Custodes with Spears

HS:

Grav Tank x3

Their list was a combined Death Guard/Sons of Horus list, nothing overly brutal, but quite thematic.

The game was pretty fun, I did notice that the lack of Fearless and attacks means the army struggles to get wounds across and can get run down if a round goes poorly. The Sword and Board guys are, unsurprisingly, really resilient. I think I failed more 2+ saves on them than their 4++ rerollables. It seems like the list relies on getting into combat (surprising noone) and grinding the enemy down through raw stat advantage.

The resilience is insane, having models be able to shrug off Lascannons and Missiles whilst they close the distance is so refreshing. The battle was pretty brutal, we ended the game with 8 Missile Devastators, 2 Quad Destroyer rapier batteries and a Rhino on their side whilst I had a Grav Tank, my HQ squad (all wounded but all alive), 2 1 man Sword and Board units and a 3 man Spear unit left.

3 Custodes with Spears

For the fearless issue I would ally in a knight errant! Aren't they all fearless? Add one to a squad you are most likely to have engaged for the added help.

Wait a minute...Doesn't that mean you can use a Knight Errant as your Mandatory HQ?

LOOPHOLE FOUND!

If you want to try Custodes out before Inferno is released (February I think), just ask your opponent if they'd mind letting you run them as a full list with a squad as a HQ.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately the Coronus is just max cap 12 and is not and Assault Transport. It's also the only Custodes transport. It's also their only transport, although the Sisters have an Assault Transport (also 12 max cap). I'm guessing we may see list expansions over more books, like with the Mechanicum, but mostly with vehicles in the Custodes' case. Hopefully?

Unfortunately the Coronus is just max cap 12 and is not and Assault Transport. It's also the only Custodes transport. It's also their only transport, although the Sisters have an Assault Transport (also 12 max cap). I'm guessing we may see list expansions over more books, like with the Mechanicum, but mostly with vehicles in the Custodes' case. Hopefully?

Valdors profile mentions teleported. They will get there.