[HH1.0] Legio Custodes Tactica

Charlo

So the Hetaeron guard can take a paragon blade but not a paragon spear.

Seems a typo... Perhaps?

Also wording on the Spear Contemptor implies that if you roll one 6 to hit, ALL of it's attacks are D strength O.O

Any of the to hit rolls of 6 are resolved as d. Not all rolls if you get one 6.

I did think that too but read it again;

"On a turn in which this model charges, any to Hit rolls of a 6 mean it's attacks with this weapon are resolved as Destroyer Hits"

Doesn't say at all the specific attack is...!

The dreads are actually the weakest part of the list IMO. Especially with no drop pods.

Yeah I have no idea how to use the dreads except as counter backfield units. They are so damn pretty though. And I think They are great for friendlier games.

Tough with fleet they will get up the board quickly, and once Custodes start materializing a lot of the weapons you will need to deal with the dreads will be pointed at custodies.

​Also with all the flare shielded tanks I expect peoples anti-armour to be overwhelmed pretty quickly.

The dreads are actually the weakest part of the list IMO. Especially with no drop pods.

Does Valdor get around this perhaps?

His Warlord trait allows you to give any 'Legio Custodes unit Teleportation Transponders'...

I was thinking that, but it must just be the infantry, surely.

Also while we're on that - the sisters with bolters can take a nuncio vox and infiltrate, perfect way to get your custodes teleported in.

Does Valdor get around this perhaps?

His Warlord trait allows you to give any 'Legio Custodes unit Teleportation Transponders'...

I was thinking that, but it must just be the infantry, surely.

Also while we're on that - the sisters with bolters can take a nuncio vox and infiltrate, perfect way to get your custodes teleported in.

....holy :cuss it says ANY legio custodes unit.

Teleporting dreads ftw.

You can only take sisters when having a sisters hq as well though right?

Fair point on the Fists on the Hetero guard, I'm going to put Paragon Blades on mine personally as I started converting them and they look pretty badass. I'd rather put fists on a "cheap" squad of Sentinels, but it's still early days for the whole army. I've also got 12 spare Custodes unassembled so I can convert whatever seems better.

One thing I noticed about the Arae Shrikes,the deep strike rule states "When an enemy unit attempts to land via deep strikes within 12" of a model equipped with an Arae Shrike, roll a d6..."

Would this mean a unit equipped with them could force multiple tests on a single unit? I personally wouldn't play that way as it would be horrifically powerful but I noticed the wording when reading what they did.

I whipped up this at work today for a 2k list. Whilst Valdor is really powerful, Id rather use my own model for a HQ.

Custodes Shield Captain: Tribune, Paragon Spear, Praesidium Shield, Cyber Familiar, Digital Weapons, Melta Bombs: 255

3x3 Custodian Guard: Melta Bombs, Arae Shrikes: 186×3: 558

2x3 Custodian Sentinels: 3 Solerite Gauntlets, 3 Arae Shrikes: 231x2:462

3 Custodian Jetbikes: 3 Corvae, Melta Bombs.

Cadillus: 195

Cadillus: Twin Linked Heavy Arachnus Blaze Cannon: 210

I've dropped the melta spears as someone pointed out the small range would be an issue. 3 power fists on the Sentinels as the last time I used them they lacked the ability to get around fnp and Artificer Armour. Praetor got some more equipment to make him tanky as other people have brought up (Which is insane). Melta Bombs for all as my local meta is very tank heavy.

Edited by Rabidbunneh

Fair point on the Fists on the Hetero guard, I'm going to put Paragon Blades on mine personally as I started converting them and they look pretty badass. I'd rather put fists on a "cheap" squad of Sentinels, but it's still early days for the whole army. I've also got 12 spare Custodes unassembled so I can convert whatever seems better.

One thing I noticed about the Arae Shrikes,the deep strike rule states "When an enemy unit attempts to land via deep strikes within 12" of a model equipped with an Arae Shrike, roll a d6..."

Would this mean a unit equipped with them could force multiple tests on a single unit? I personally wouldn't play that way as it would be horrifically powerful but I noticed the wording when reading what they did.

I whipped up this at work today for a 2k list. Whilst Valdor is really powerful, Id rather use my own model for a HQ.

I've dropped the melta spears as someone pointed out the small range would be an issue. 3 power fists on the Sentinels as the last time I used them they lacked the ability to get around fnp and Artificer Armour. Praetor got some more equipment to make him tanky as other people have brought up (Which is insane). Melta Bombs for all as my local meta is very tank heavy.

I have an opponent that runs death guard and I have no idea how to deal with the masses bodies he brings.

If I go reserve heavy he will stand still wait for me to drop and fury of the legion. If I walk up he volkites me off board. Any ideas?

Double post because my phone doesn't do edits; found a pdf and the barrage part says "when targeting a unit with one or more", which kind of reinforces the deep strike part is per model with an arae shrike.

Double post because my phone doesn't do edits; found a pdf and the barrage part says "when targeting a unit with one or more", which kind of reinforces the deep strike part is per model with an arae shrike.

Barrage is one or more, which is one of the reasons I brought it up as it doesn't stack against Barrage. It would be nasty given the Sodality, you could really spread out and blanket through board in a no deepstrike zone.

Hellex, I'm not a massively experienced Heresy player, so I'm not sure. I was thinking of picking the infiltrate Warlord Trait and getting stuff closer. I'm not sure what else you can really do apart from walk forwards and tank the hits.

Edited by Rabidbunneh