From wisdom to dust, a Horus Heresy 30k Thousand Sons plog

"The minds of gods are not for mortals to know or to judge.

Accept that Tzeentch has a place for all of us in his grand scheme,

and be happy in the part you have to play."

gallery_79144_12612_745389.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Welcome to my newest project! The Sekhmet and the warriors of dust!

This plog/blog will be alllll abou the 30k thousand sons and their daemonic allies. I will capture my progress on the army and strive to in the end post a few battle reports here and there to show of how the army fares.

"So uhm... Why this army?" Well, that answer has many many answers. I have ALWAYS wanted to start a 30k thousand sons army, I really enjoy the setting of 30k and really enjoy the catastrophe that hit the TS early on. The flesh change has always been a topic of interest for me and their Tterlaies mentioned in "A thousand Sons" is just the cherry on the cake.

With the releases of the freaking amazing new sets from GW themselves for the TS it finally opened a easily accessible scourse of conversion parts for the BoP and BaC marines to truly convert them into an unique force that should be feared on the battlefield. The Prospero book coming out soon reinforces this beyond overdrive, and me training the Metalic Red on my white scars just made this all truly doable.

"So what is this army gonna consist off?" I honestly have no clue at all, I DO know however I will try to create an interesting army as possible that can be done with this. So alot of unique conversions and random brainfarts will be the base of this. Even with all these extras, I will try to stay close rto the fluff and the amazing Sekhmet work of Athrawes. The army will be FULLY set during the middle of the heresy. So it is a mix of pre heresy and post heresy, many daemons and weird creatures.

So let's start showing of some models!

My first "Jetbiker"

gallery_79144_12612_59429.jpg

gallery_79144_12612_20255.jpg

So a "scimitar Jetbiker" of my army. Yes that IS an anti-gravity hunter disk, just like used in the Thousand sons novel, it make for a very interesting sight and will hopefully look good in big groups of 6 and 9.

And the first librarian "jetbiker"

gallery_79144_12612_140.jpg

gallery_79144_12612_11818.jpg

gallery_79144_12612_30706.jpg

gallery_79144_12612_80923.jpg

So a mastery level two daemonolgy jetbike mounted librarian, he is the first of my mass of librarian I'll have.

WAY more coming soon, but I'd love to hear your guys opinions, ideas and other rambles!

your thread is like a tutelary. i tapped into the warp and it seems to channel all the forces. unsure if i can handle more than three anti-grav hunter discs in one image. better get away from here before i throw away my humble WB and EC units and decide to build a TS force based on that one lone sorcerer I have. have mercy with a torn soul!

As a pleasant surprise, this thread now has two masters! Lord Commander Eidolon will be my loyalist counterpart in this trhread. No not those imperial dogs, but Pre-heresy Thousand Sons at their top of glory! We both got inspired at the same time to do this project and have shockingly similair paint schemes for the metal itself!

So with that, I am taking the pleasure of posting some of his starter pics, wich are a good promise of what's to come, I will make chaos/heresy versions of his pre-heresy characters and maybe tanks, so that'll be a real treat to work with!

so let's show of some work:

gallery_79144_12612_58126.jpg

gallery_79144_12612_45373.jpg

gallery_79144_12612_75947.jpg

and now some of my own work! Tzaangors (of my own making) and two heralds to really start of the glowy scheme I will use for all the daemon parts of my own force, the TS will ofcourse keep their metallic red and maybe small nods towards blue/purple here and there ;)

gallery_79144_12612_37943.jpg

gallery_79144_12612_43229.jpg

gallery_79144_12612_28947.jpg

C&C welcome!

All is not yet dust on Prospero....

I've dabbled with a few test schemes of the Sons in the BoP thread and was going to get around to doing my own thread at some stage, but got chatting with AlphariusOmegron about concepts and he had an awesome idea to combine a thread! This can truly be an exciting thread of seeing and modelling how the legion falls!

I'm quite excited to see how we can work together and build up some characterful models and fluff!

I'm planning a modest start of 2 x tac squads and awaiting inferno, but any suggestions and input will be appreciated! If FW don't do Hathor Maat, I can assure you he'll make an appearance....

Archived