Sagentus's Khorne army - Contemptor Dread and DA

Sagentus

Quick update on the drake ... managed to get all the trim based with brown and some of the Silver done. Come to realise (after looking at references) some bits i have based in silver need to be a skin tonne. Thus i will put another base layer of Rakarth Flesh on the flesh after. The trim is a pain to paint, but i am determined :D

gallery_95896_12723_621395.jpg

Thanks all ... The trim on the drake has taken 2 hours so far, need to go over the trim with Runelord Brass. But firstly i got to get the base layers on the silver and flesh. Then get the washes on (which i bought a new Large wash brush for). Once all thats done i can concentrate on working up the red again, but i want it to be darker in the middle of the panels and get lighter as it goes out. Going to be a lot of painting, but i have my cultists to help break it up :D  

@Nemac - Cheers mate .... wanted to do something other than just plain red panels and when I stripped the wings it gave a similar effect when i removed the paint, so thought i would try something similar. 

@hushrong - Cheers mate. I didnt paint any intentionally, but i see the panels you mean :) 

@ R.I.L - wish i could take credit for that, maybe the blood god subconsciously made me do it lol 

@Eld - Cheers mate, I am really happy with how he is thus far. I hope to have it done this time next week, so much more to do for the Call of Chaos :teehee:

Always good to see someone getting okay results out of that old berzerker kit.

Heldrake is looking cool and unique. Could also work well as a Word Bearers one but I'm sure it will look good in a Khorne army. The metal and bone bits are a good use of what looks like some simple techniques.

I'd give some thin silver highlights on the metal a go if you haven't already.

@ Closet Skeleton - cheers mate, only slight modifications on the bez squad to improve the possess and they turned out ok. 

Yeh I thought that when i took the pics of it, shame i dont use word bearers, hopefully it gives others ideas. They are quite simple techniques on the metal and bone. 

Metal - base coat (leadbelcher), wash (nuln oil) then highlight with leadbelcher, then second higlight with runefang steel

Bone - Rakarth flesh, wash nuln oil, Rakarth flesh highlight, 50:50 Rakarth flesh:skull white 2nd highlight, then extreme edges with skull white

I normally do my bone in slightly different colours, but i was being lazy and wahed the whole model in nuln oil to save time. 

I have done some silver highlights on the gold trim, but i will do some more to finish off the model :) 

Not to play it down, but its pretty simple to do.

I sprayed it first with mephiston spray

Then got the base coats on the trim (mournfang brown then runelord brass), metal (leadbelcher), flesh and bone parts (Rakarth flesh).

I washed the (nuln oil) 

Then once dry I applied nuln oil to the middle of each segment,

Repeat this to make sure it was dark enough.

Then with watered dow mephiston red i went round whole outside of the pooled nuln oil.

I repeated this on the outer edge of the red, to make the red more vibrant.

finally i went over the top edges with evil sunz red