General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

It is to my regret that I must inform everyone that Athrawes has formally separated himself from the Brotherhood of the Lost. As such, the Harbingers will now need a new creative manager, charged with developing on the foundation they currently have.

As usual, I am first opening this opportunity here in this sub-forum to the Auxilia and to interested fans of the project. Who is interested in carrying the torch for the First?

Tis' a sad day indeed, to hear that the first among us would part ways with our brotherhood. Still, I wish Athrawes the best in whatever endeavours he's pursuing now, and offer my deepest thanks to him for inspiring and bringing us all together. It's safe to say that without Athrawes there would've been no Brotherhood of the Lost, and therefore I think I speak for all of us when I say we owe him a debt we can never truly repay.

61s.gif

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Tis' a sad day indeed, to hear that the first among us would part ways with our brotherhood. Still, I wish Athrawes the best in whatever endeavours he's pursuing now, and offer my deepest thanks to him for inspiring and bringing us all together. It's safe to say that without Athrawes there would've been no Brotherhood of the Lost, and therefore I think I speak for all of us when I say we owe him a debt we can never truly repay.

61s.gif

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

I totally agree with you, Sangi.

But knowing what he wrote to Simi does make the entire parting... let's just say it wasn't how one would anticipate it.

Still, he was a great inspiration for us all. And I will forever be thankfull for the entirety of Lost Legions, Alternate Universes and so on. He was one of the first and I will always remember him as such.

That having said, I'm eager and curious of how the Harbringers will develop and who might rise up to take their reins. :)

Did we ever start work on Saturnine Terminator armour?

I can get to work on a general armor template for Saturnyne pattern, that way it can be included for the example marines.

Also, currently working on a template for Solar Auxilia lasrifle troopers, do we have any Solar Auxilia forces with a particular color scheme I should tackle?

Edit: Damn, what a shame about Athrawes. Well, the work must go on...

Edited by ~Drakzilla~

Yap. Athrawes parting is really a hard thing to swallow.

But we will make progress without him and show him the potential of this project and how good it is.

As a group we came far and when the winter is coldest the pack survives.

Proud to work and chat with you.

@Drak: that template would be awesome.

Also, currently working on a template for Solar Auxilia lasrifle troopers, do we have any Solar Auxilia forces with a particular color scheme I should tackle?

Edit: Damn, what a shame about Athrawes. Well, the work must go on...

I'm not 100% sure but I think at one point we talked about you doing one for the Heredes.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this (apologies if not) but I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying reading through this sub-forum. It's really impressive just how much work you've all put into this alternative universe, and it's been great fun learning about 18 brand new Legions. I was also wondering if it's considered 'bad form' for anyone outside the project to build, paint & post models for the Brotherhood? I'm not talking about entire armies (to be honest I've got enough canon projects to keep me occupied) but maybe something like the March of the Legions from the Age of Darkness forum.

Anyway keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Dear Spaced Hulked,

Thank you for your kind words

you have come to the right place. And we would love to see the legions we created painted by other fraters. Nothing would make us happier if other fraters decide to paint and play our legions. So make a a march of the botl legions. I will join the endeavor

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this (apologies if not) but I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying reading through this sub-forum. It's really impressive just how much work you've all put into this alternative universe, and it's been great fun learning about 18 brand new Legions. I was also wondering if it's considered 'bad form' for anyone outside the project to build, paint & post models for the Brotherhood? I'm not talking about entire armies (to be honest I've got enough canon projects to keep me occupied) but maybe something like the March of the Legions from the Age of Darkness forum.

Anyway keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Thank you!

It makes me happy and proud seeing someone enjoying our work!

Please, don't hesitate. I'm eager to see your minis. :)

Anyway keep up the good work! :tu:

Always good to hear others enjoy what’s being done here. And as others said build and post whatever you like.

Cheers guys! :smile.: I was thinking of starting with the Predators (and/or the Ebon Blades), and eventually trying to work my way up to Legion I. Would it be ok to start a topic where I can ask questions and post WIP/Completed pics? One query I have straight away regards the armour and weapons of the Insurrection. Do you follow the canon 30K 'technology timeline', where the later armour marks (6 & 7, and I suppose potentially 8 as well) are only 'officially' available to certain legions at certain times, or is there a a bit more of open playing field? I've got plenty of Mark III and IV armour pieces available, but I was wondering if I could mix in more modern armour as well?    

Cheers guys! :smile.: I was thinking of starting with the Predators (and/or the Ebon Blades), and eventually trying to work my way up to Legion I. Would it be ok to start a topic where I can ask questions and post WIP/Completed pics? One query I have straight away regards the armour and weapons of the Insurrection. Do you follow the canon 30K 'technology timeline', where the later armour marks (6 & 7, and I suppose potentially 8 as well) are only 'officially' available to certain legions at certain times, or is there a a bit more of open playing field? I've got plenty of Mark III and IV armour pieces available, but I was wondering if I could mix in more modern armour as well?    

I feel honored that you'd like to start with my Legion. Please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Sure, you can start a new topic to ask questions and post your pics. :)

There are others, who can answer your questions way better than I can. But I can tell you that the Predators mostly used MK IV (still my favorite Mark ;)).

The Ebon Blades are the pre-Primarch incarnation of the XXth, so MK II and III would fit as well.

I have no issue with you starting your own thread, if that'll make things easier on you.

To answer your question, we mostly follow the canon storyline, except it's 30 years down the road with a few changes. So, Mark II is almost nonexistant, while Mark V is not a hodge-podge as it is in canon, instead being a basic armour that is very easy to mass-produce. (That happens to look like canon Mark V). 

Mark IV is the most common mark of the Insurrection, while our Mark VII is supposed to be an update of Mark III, which looks like canon Mark VIII. 

All this to say, yes, it's very easy to incorporate the latter marks. Mark VII was just being introduced, while Mark VIII is eventually introduced midway through the Insurrection.

To summarize:

Mark II (Almost gone)

Mark III (About to be replaced)

Mark IV (Most common suit)

Mark V (Cost-effective suit favoured by Berserkers, Void Eagles, & Eagle Warriors)

Mark VI (Same as canon, favoured by Wardens of Light, Dune Serpents, & Predators)

Mark VII (Update of Mark III, looks like canon Mark 8, production starts at the beginning of the Insurrection)

Hope that makes sense. Not sure how we're going to handle canon Mark 7. 

@ Kelborn: Cheers mate :thumbsup: This is a rough mock up (just blue tacked together at the moment so the pose might change a bit).

gallery_917_13910_622774.jpg

The Mark VIII legs were my biggest concern, but I really do like the pose they provide (and the extra height as well, a lot of the plastic Mark IV legs are quite stumpy unfortunately).

Any preferences towards weapons? I'm thinking of an umbra pattern bolter in his right hand (maybe with a chain bayonet?) and either a combat knife or a bare hand reaching toward a sheathed blade on his left?

@ Simison: That's brilliant mate, exactly what I was looking for! :thumbsup: Considering the sheer depth and development of the Brotherhood, I figured you'd probably have a timeline for the armour marks.

I thought a separate topic would stop me de-railing any of the development threads with silly questions, and as my hobby time is limited these days it'll be easier for me to post in a single place. I'll try to start a thread over the next few days.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

That does sound and look very promising! :tu:

Regarding weapons, I agree on the Umbra Pattern bolter with a chain bayonet. If it helps, the Predators do make use of wrist blades (like their movie counterparts, not very creative, I know, but still cool ;)). A combat knife or a bare hand reaching toward one are decent alternatives.

As I've tried to create blurbs for pictured Legionaries, I've made some observations:

"So, I've noticed that only two unit designations are ever given to any Legionary example

In most cases, it's the two bigger units, only the Imperial Fists routinely list squad designation

Except for the Word Bearers, who list three unit designations, but never list the battle they're involved in.

IF only have a permanent squad and company, while battalions/regiments/Crusades are temporary and apt to come and go, which probably explains the discrepancy."

This is going to be an interesting post.

Brothers, the time has finally come. After on-going struggles with activity, he has become Lost to us. As such, I now open the Drowned to new leadership. As with the Harbingers, for this first week, I make this announcement only here within our sub-forum to see if any Auxiliary or any interested fans would be willing to fill the void.

At the same time, I have another announcement.

Bluntblade, kneel.

*pauses*

Bluntblade of Bolter and Chainsword, as Project Leader and Master of the Brotherhood of the Lost, I now raise you from Auxiliary to Legionary. 

Henceforth, mastery of the Ist passes from the hands of Athrawes to yours, asking only that you respect what has come from before. From this day onward, the Harbingers will continue on under your creative vision. 

Now, arise, Bluntblade, Master of the Ist.

Ad astra!

Praise be the new master of the 1st.

Let his deeds echo through the void and the spheres of warp.

Let his legacy be one of honor, tragedy, conviction and corruption, for he is the one, the first amongst the firstborn.

A master of his own has finally take his seat among his brothers.

Behold, Bluntblade, first to bear his name in these sacred halls of the Lost and Forgotten!

May he lead the first to glory and perdition!

Praise be!