General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Just noticed the IL etc changes to thread titles, what's it all stand for?

Yeap, I've started adding prefixes to the thread titles so we can find stuff more easily (and so I can merge the threads together more easily when they are supposed to contain the same stuff.

For the moment, I've been using (a lot of these are using Conn Eremon's classification):

IL - Index Legiones

IA - Index Auxilia (includes basically anything Astartes that isn't a Legion during the Insurrection)

IO - Index Omnissiad (Cult and Dark Mechanicum, plus titans)

IQ - Index Questoris (Knights)

IM - Index Militarum (Guard, Militia, Xenos Auxilia...)

REF - Reference sheets

EVENT - Any important event, campaign, battle...

LOC - Important Locations

RULES - pretty self explanatory

ART - Pictures, drawings, paintings, as well as models and stuff

EX - Threads no longer in use (Ghost Walker and Stygian Jackals for instance)

I'm planning on adding TALES and ID (Index Daemonicus) as well as

I'll try and sort the "Index of Important Topics", with reference info regarding allegiance, primarch, symbol, etc.

With the scale this project has reached, a bit of tidying up is needed in general:

I'd very much appreciate it if the original posts of the important topics were updated with some reference information in an easy to reach spot. That includes Numeral, (current) legion name, primarch name, (current as of mid-insurrection) colour scheme and badge, legion specialities, noteworthy domains and allegiance. (you can have a look at wikia page for a hand)

A direct link to your force's page on the wikia would be great :thumbsup:

Providing a list of the most important events your force takes part in would be good, along with a link to the relevent EVENT thread on the forum

Placing a list of rules relevent to your force would also be of use - at best, a link should be provided to the location of the most up-to-date rules, along with a (very) short description of what a unit is about for instance

EDIT: OOoh, 4000th post! I'm starting to see grey hairs in my 'stache :P

Edited by Lord Thørn

Nicolas' response:

"David,

I'm sorry that the wait has been long and I certainly understand other artists being faster; I could never do a commission in an hour, especially given the detail I usually put into my work. I can't compare myself to the abilities of a colleague, especially not knowing what their schedule looks like, nor what their preferred medium for working is nor their skill level. All I can attest to is my own way of doing things and my bumps and problems in trying to get things sorted so I can give you a proper product you can be happy with. 

You haven't done anything; nor can I give you more explanations for how hard it is to do the work that I do; life has been extremely difficult for me and continues to be and while that is no justification, I am honest about it in the hope that you can at least rest assured it isn't my intention to just drag this along. I will do my best to have a sketch for each of the characters (a headshot, most likely as that is what will give the character its 'life' so to speak) between thsi week and the next. Once that is done, I'll likely have a feel for the whole composition, so I'll work towards drafting the basic frame of the piece and we'll go on forward.

If this all gets too difficult and frustrating on both ends, I'll certainly consider a refund and we'll talk the details when we cross that bridge, if indeed we do. But I'm confident we won't have to.

Thanks."

I am yet to purchase it but I've been paid so :p to be fair I need some good new books I've got 4 part read heresy books That aren't doing it for me

What are those four?

Corax, tallarn, angels of Caliban, crimson king.

I also refuse to buy Ruinstorm.

Disarmonia would do a primarch cover but we would have to get additional funds. And we won't have a lot to say regarding the art.

Slaine would do it. But even he would ask for additional funds.

Aituarmanas would do. But he is hit or miss.

Vampiredio won't do it cause he never has done such a big composition. 18 detailed primarchs is quite some work.

DesireeNavarro would do it for the price. ( last time I asked) but her style may be too AoS/Wow like.

Those where the peps i directly asked in the past. Ilqar would maybe tackle it in a decent quality. But to be honest: the price from nicolas is fairly cheap. We won't find anything cheaper for the work we demand

As mentioned before: for a work at this scale you have to think that we have 18 primarchs. Even if he does ine primarch in an hour. We would have 18 hours. So at least 360£ Then it is black and white. And as a reference Rahman who got a full body pic cost about 100£

Well, he’s given us a timeline; so if he doesn’t deliver a sketch on time I say we ask for a refund. But if he can, he’s a fairly well liked artist in 40k, and our primarchs going up in his portfolio could prove to be a boost to us.

Though obviously I’m a fan of his my self so I do have a bias.

I had an epidemie!!! IF nicolas won't give us the sketch in 2 weeks or if we are totally disappointed by his "work". We take the refund and COMMISSION slaine to paint all our missing primarchs in his style..so we have the complete rooster and maybe we have some funds left for morthera, purechild et al.

How about this? We get a pic of every primarch in the same style nontheless

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I'm gonna try and match Titan Legions to Books this evening. So far Telesto in Book 2, Tonarum and Auris there too for Mars (and House Zivich can debut with the HW) and Gojira in 4, assuming that's now where the Scions face the Warbringers.

Refund Now

Thorn

Raktra

Refund After 2 Weeks

Mikhal

Blind

Kel

Redd

Stick it out

tumbleweed

And that sounds mostly fine, Blunt, if only because Legio chapters are shorter than Legion chapters.

I will also reluctantly throw my vote behind the Refund After 2 Weeks group, like Chief Red I'm a big fan of Nicolas' work and so the chance to have our homebrew Primarchs immortalised in his style was a dream come true, but with no progress after months and the growing discontent among our Brotherhood regarding this matter I agree that if nothing comes of this last chance we take our money back and find another artist instead.

Alright, we appear to have come to a collective decision. I will e-mail Nicolas what we voted on, with the one caveat that the two weeks will start today the moment the e-mail is sent. This will be my only allowance to those who really want to see his work. 

What's one more?

TheBlindPrimarch, kneel.

*pauses*

TheBlindPrimarch of Bolter and Chainsword, as Project Leader and Master of the Brotherhood of the Lost, I now raise you from Auxiliary to Legionary. 

Henceforth, mastery of the VIIIth passes from the hands of Big Bad Squig to yours, asking only that you respect what has come from before. From this day onward, the Godslayers will continue on under your creative vision. 

Now, arise, TheBlindPrimarch, Master of the VIIIth.

Ad astra!