General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Congratulations to Bluntblade, Lord Thørn, helterskelter and TheBlindPrimarch!

Now excuse me, the Master of the Brotherhood has called upon me for a specific task... *dives headfirst into the Eagle Warriors Thread*

Edited by RikuEru

Congratulations, Blind.

Make papa Nurgle proud!

@Riku: Yes! Come to the Dark side. Join us! Another German brother at our side on our was to domination! :P

I have a concern. I wanted to do the Alpha phases first and then preview them to introduce outsiders to the factions. But, then it occurred to me, that we were also essentially spoiling how each book/trilogy ended with each preview containing the next book's intro. Now I'm questioning if this is a good plan.

There are two options. One, remove the intros from the previews, even though we'll essentially be handing out factions without much context. Two, we go back to the old plan and just do each entire book one-by-one. 

Thoughts?

[That's one vote for going back to whole books. Here's the companion post to the preview link. How does it look?]

Greetings, and welcome to the Brotherhood of the Lost! As many of you know, of the original twenty legions to serve the Emperor in the Great Crusade, two have never been explained or explored, instead referred to the Lost Legions. Not content to leave a void in this intricate universe, many hobbyists have crafted their own Legions with imagination and creativity. Other talented writers and dreamers went a step further and crafted entirely new Heresies, such as the famed Dornian Heresy. Which brings us to this project, which started with this question: "What if the canon legions were replaced by Lost Legion projects?" Here we are, two years later, with eighteen new Legions that have led to a new conflict: the Icarion Insurrection.

Gone are the familiar names of Horus, Ultramarines, World Eaters, and Sanguinius. While a few familiar faces can be found here and there, new heroes and villains now struggle to control the fate of the galaxy. Within the link provided, anyone can read a a preview of our first rulebook: Insurrection. In its pages is an introduction to our universe, the struggles that foretold the incoming civil war, and six of the Legions destined to fight it. 

We hope everyone enjoys our work as much as we did in creating it!

The link itself! https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbnpgy0z0nhi2w1/Insurrection%20Preview.pdf?dl=1

Edited by simison

I misunderstood you, sorry.

Thought that you meant to write down the faction per book instead of writing all faction before working on the books.

I'm changing my vote. Book by book, regardless of minibook or an entire one.

By unanimous vote, we're going back to a book-by-book development cycle. Which means we'll be moving into Beta Phase of Insurrection.

Also, no one has pointed out any more errors, so today will be publishing day! I'll take the above link and post to the Announcement thread, to Heresy30k, to Dakkadakka, and to Atia. If anyone else wants to deliver it elsewhere, that's encouraged. Fingers crossed, people!

Gentleman,

we finally did it. Well, you did it. I joined when most of the stuff was already done. So cheers, brothers. You all did tremendous work!

This one is for the Founding Members! Without them, nothing of this awesome project would have been possible!

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/bow-down-gif-3.gif