Syn's Emperors Children

SystemSyn

Looking good, hoping to see them painted up soon :tu:

Thanks man, hopefully you won't be waiting too long to see them painted, but I'm definitely not the quickest of hobbiests!

Nice work on the bikes, the champion is shaping up well too; the face on the breastplate looks especially good.

Thanks very much. I went for a Voldermort style face to keep it relatively flat. At first I wasn't keen on the while 'no-nose' thing, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Looks cool, great GS skills as usual!

Thanks very much Traitor!

Bikes are looking awesome bud and the Exalted Champ is coming along great as well. What are you going to arm him with?

Honestly, I'm not too sure what to arm him with. I like the idea of a spear type weapon for the asthetics. So in games that'd have to be a power weapon of some sort, and I don't really know what would compliment that. I know rules wise it's a good idea to give him 2 combat weapons, but I don't really know what the second one should be.

Those bikes look really good. Great gs work and the kitbash is spot on!

Thanks very much! Hopefully I'll have a more progress to show soon.

How about a darth maul style double bladed sword?

A bit like this one, then you can either have his second hand empty or maybe a claw type weapon.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/13F0D77C-3990-4754-BEE8-E659971B04AE.jpg

My other choice would be dual swords but the spear sounds really cool too.

Edited by Biohazard

How about a darth maul style double bladed sword?

A bit like this one, then you can either have his second hand empty or maybe a claw type weapon. My other choice would be dual swords but the spear sounds really cool too.

That's a pretty clever idea! A double ended blade could be counted as two weapons in games, while leaving the other hand free for posing.

I was tempted to give him a Freddy Krueger style claw for the other hand, but that's a bit too close to what I have planned for the Terminator Lord.

Bikes are looking awesome bud and the Exalted Champ is coming along great as well. What are you going to arm him with?

Honestly, I'm not too sure what to arm him with. I like the idea of a spear type weapon for the asthetics. So in games that'd have to be a power weapon of some sort, and I don't really know what would compliment that. I know rules wise it's a good idea to give him 2 combat weapons, but I don't really know what the second one should be.

If you want a spear I'd probably go with the Power Maul since the few units who still have access to Power Lances show us that those two have the same stats.

A dual bladed staff would be cool as well. It would be very different from a spear style-wise tho. ^^

Oh now that does sound intriguing

Gonna work on the Terminator Lord tonight if I get the time, so I should have some progress to show soon. I'm still hoping to have them both built by the end of the month!

If you want a spear I'd probably go with the Power Maul since the few units who still have access to Power Lances show us that those two have the same stats.

A dual bladed staff would be cool as well. It would be very different from a spear style-wise tho. ^^

A power maul isn't a bad idea. Like you say, a power lance and a power maul have the same stats, so I could build a spear and use it in games as a power maul. There are so many different ideas and not enough time to try them all out!

Good stuff on that breastplate :tu:

Thanks very much!

I’m on my phone right now, so the pics are small. But the details I can pick out on the bikes are looking terrific! And I’m really enjoying that champ. Can’t wait for the next update

Thanks very much Greenz! Here's the next update for you. I've done a bit more work on the two new HQ's. They're still not quite finished yet but they're getting there.

Here's where the Terminator Lord is at so far.

cRiM8MX.jpg

4sUji14.jpg

I've decided to give him a pair of Lightning Claws, and to help with the whole 'evil doctor' look I'm going for I want his weapons to be toxic, so I've added vials to the back of the claws that are feeding nasty chemicals into the blades. I made a start on them yesterday, and here’s how they're looking so far.

kVYPlVU.jpg

It doesn't show up too well in the photo, but one of them has a Sonic Face style design with the vial going into the mouth.

The Exalted Champion s a little further along as well.

UmL3SV7.jpg

Next up I'll get started on his arms and try to decide on a head for him.

I was planning to start painting my Bikes this morning, but I ran into a problem straight away.

Cxk2u61.jpg

When I went out to spray them I discovered that my spray can has lost all pressure inside, so it just spurted out a little then gave up. The can is still pretty full, so it's a bit annoying. Does anyone know if this can be fixed? Or do I have to just bin it and buy a new one?

Edited by SystemSyn

Really nice work here Systemsyn! So much so you’ve inspired me to start a Slaaneshi warband of my own. One question though, how do you manage to get such clean curves with your GS Armour trims? I feel like it’s taking me an age trying to do it with a scalpel and clay shapers

I’m loving the Mad Doc/ pseudo Fabius feel you’ve got going on with that guy. The vials on the claws are perfect!

As for the can, I’m not really sure what to tell you. If the nozzle is just clogged a bit, run it under luke warm water for a few mins, then gently rub the opening with a damp cloth. If it’s still a bit plugged, very carefully use a safety pin to pry out any dried paint

If it is a matter of lost pressure, I know some guys at work who have repressurized cans using an air compressor and a particular attachment. But I wouldn’t recommend that to anyone without experience. Other than that, you may just have to grab a new can

Edit: ridiculous autocorrect

Edited by Greenz

Looking good, I like the lightning claws especially. Aside from being cool they're also pretty nifty on the table top :tu:

For the can cleaning the nozzle is worth a go, along with warming it up a bit as Greenz says. Unfortunately cans can give up the ghost if they're a bit old/haven't been used for a while so if these couple of fixes don't help it's down to a new can.

Really nice work here Systemsyn! So much so you’ve inspired me to start a Slaaneshi warband of my own. One question though, how do you manage to get such clean curves with your GS Armour trims? I feel like it’s taking me an age trying to do it with a scalpel and clay shapers

Thanks very much, that's very flattering to hear :) I'm no expert, but when it comes to doing armour trims, practice really does makes perfect. Though I would advise that you don't remove the excess putty straight away. I cut the shape of the trim into the putty then just leave it all to dry. Once it's dry I go back and pick off the excess. Also, don't worry too much about being neat and tidy. If the surface is a bit rough it can easily be smoothed over with a fine file once it's dry. I hope this helps you and I look forward to seeing your Slaaneshi force :)

Interesting twist on that medicae. Looking forward to seeing him as a lord! It's also great to see the champ coming along. The sculpt work on him is really good too.

Sucks about the biker and I have no idea how to help regarding the shaker can.

Thanks very much Hushrong, the Terminator Lord is almost done now, but the Champ still have a ways to go. I saw a guy on YouTube who said you can repressurise a can by putting it in the freezer. So I might give that a go. It can't make it any worse!

I’m loving the Mad Doc/ pseudo Fabius feel you’ve got going on with that guy. The vials on the claws are perfect!

As for the can, I’m not really sure what to tell you. If the nozzle is just clogged a bit, run it under luke warm water for a few mins, then gently rub the opening with a damp cloth. If it’s still a bit plugged, very carefully use a safety pin to pry out any dried paint

If it is a matter of lost pressure, I know some guys at work who have repressurized cans using an air compressor and a particular attachment. But I wouldn’t recommend that to anyone without experience. Other than that, you may just have to grab a new can

Edit: ridiculous autocorrect

Glad you like how the Lord is coming along :) I was going for a Fabius Bile look, I'm glad you picked up on that! I was toying with the idea of giving him hair, but I'm not so sure about it. I did think the spray can had a blocked nozzle at first. So I've given the nozzle a thorough clean, but it hasn't helped.

Looking good, I like the lightning claws especially. Aside from being cool they're also pretty nifty on the table top :tu:

For the can cleaning the nozzle is worth a go, along with warming it up a bit as Greenz says. Unfortunately cans can give up the ghost if they're a bit old/haven't been used for a while so if these couple of fixes don't help it's down to a new can.

Cheers WarriorFish! It looks like you might be right about the can just giving up. Like I mentioned though, there's an apparent trick to repressurising a can by freezing it, so I might give that a go.

Have you heard the audio drama Perfection by Nick Kyme? There’s a pretty cool character in it who sounds a bit like one of the Reapers from. Blade 2. It was a pretty cool way to incorporate the Doom Siren I thought. Could be an interesting look for your Champ as well :tu:

Putting a can in the freezer? Interesting idea. Let us know if it works.

For the terminator lord is all that's left is the arms and some shoulder pads? Maybe some cabling? As for the champ I say take your time and really go to town on him with customization and sculpts. He already looks awesome.

The vials on the claws are a great idea, very fitting with the twisted, experimental side of the legion; looking forward to seeing where the Lord ends up.

Thanks very much. That’s exactly what I was going for!

Have you heard the audio drama Perfection by Nick Kyme? There’s a pretty cool character in it who sounds a bit like one of the Reapers from. Blade 2. It was a pretty cool way to incorporate the Doom Siren I thought. Could be an interesting look for your Champ as well :thumbsup:

I can't say I have heard of that audio drama, but it is definitely a cool idea. Especially with that awesome new Dark Elf character model coming out. I can definitely see that getting Slaaneshified!

Putting a can in the freezer? Interesting idea. Let us know if it works.

For the terminator lord is all that's left is the arms and some shoulder pads? Maybe some cabling? As for the champ I say take your time and really go to town on him with customization and sculpts. He already looks awesome.

Your quite right. The Terminator Lord only had the shoulder pads left. But they're done now. I've actually just posted him us as an entry for the HQ competition.

Haha thanks for being our guinea pig here :biggrin.: I hope the freezer works out for you

It didn't work at all as it turns out! I took the can out the freezer this morning and gave it a shot, but nothing. Looks like I'll have to just buy a new one.

I've just posted up the first of my two entries for the HQ competiton, so I thought it only right to post it here as well. So here it is!

Here's my first Character! He's a Chaos Terminator Lord Conversion.

Front

Xv4Eaog.jpg

Right

Uvsk7Jr.jpg

Rear

adz4JCL.jpg

Left

ywCUOhm.jpg

Upper

DvSaswy.jpg

Edited by SystemSyn

Man that termie is awesome!

Thanks very much! Now I just need to get the Exalted Champion finished.

Gases contract in low temperatures so wouldn't a freezer lower the pressure?

To increase pressure, you need to give it energy, aka heat. Which is, needless to say, a bad idea.

Your quite right, low temperatures cause things to condense. That was actually the intention. As the can is sealed, condescending the liquid inside would create a vacuum. Then by depressing the nozzle the vacuum would be filled by air getting pulled in, thereby repressurising the can.

Adding heat to a pressurised can is definitely a bad idea. Heat does generate energy, but energy and pressure are not the same thing. And your absolutely right, that would end badly!

Needless to say, the freezer trick definitely did not work! But it was worth a try. I'll get another can at the end of the week so I can get painting.