Syn's Emperors Children

SystemSyn

I'll likely be posting that kitbash in my general WIP, as I feel a Dark Mechanicum won't be allied with any of my marines, so he'd be a freelancer if you will.

But I will be posting it once I get more done on it. Trust me on that :laugh.:

I look forward to seeing what you come up with :smile.:

Sorcerors coming along well bud. I have those parts I’ll get sent to you today. :thumbsup:

I think you should definitely show off the rest of your army by the way. :thumbsup:

Thanks very much. The Sorcerer is shaping up nicely; hopefully I'll have him built soon and ready for paint.

He is a big guy and I didn't even realize that the second picture in the earlier post was a top down of that fell. The sorcerer will be appropriately creepy and intimidating when finished.

Thanks Hushrong, that's definitaely what I'm going for :smile.:

Yes, please :smile.:

Ask and you shall receive! The shelves where I keep my models were in desperate need of a good dusting, so I took the opportunity to get some pic’s of all the units I had finished before starting this log, so here they are. It was actually pretty nice to see how far I've progressed since doing some of these. This army was always intended to help improve my converting skills, and it started with simple fit bashing, to more extensive conversion work on some of the walkers, to the putty work I'm playing around with these days.

First up, 3 units of 10 Noise Marines.

JAPUcRC.jpg

SN9Sb1W.jpg

RWZbA5E.jpg

Terminators

AsYnt2X.jpg

Hellwright

xyTCEhl.jpg

And my first Daemon Prince

k9lHnKl.jpg

q0yIXzF.jpg

Wow! I really didn't expect to get as much of a response there! Thanks very much. I've been building this army for so many years now, and I've learned so much as a hobbiest over that time, so I really do appreciate all the kind words :)

Crazy stuff going on in this thread. I love it.

Thanks Trixie. I only recently discovered your thread as well. You've got a fantastic army yourself!

You really have an impressive army, EC are so badass and you've done a wonderful job with them!

Good to see you again Traitor! It's been a while. Thanks very much!

What a fantastic looking army! The Noise Marines and Terminators are brilliant (in spite of the vile heresy of including a berzerker helmet on a Slaaneshi dog), and the Contemptor and Dreadknight-based Daemon Engine have got to be my favourites! Thanks for sharing, mate! :)

Thanks KrautScientist. That Berserker head was just too good to pass up!

Nice! I’ve been pouring over those pics for the last 5 mins. Thanks for taking the time to put those all together. What a sweet force you’ve got! While you’ve got some wicked sweet conversions, I think that contemptor is my favourite

Those terminators are looking great, as is that badass sorcerer. Really looking forward to seeing him come together!

Nice! I’ve been pouring over those pics for the last 5 mins. Thanks for taking the time to put those all together. What a sweet force you’ve got! While you’ve got some wicked sweet conversions, I think that contemptor is my favourite

Those terminators are looking great, as is that badass sorcerer. Really looking forward to seeing him come together!

Thanks very much Greenz! The Contemptor has been one of my favourite conversions to do. I built it about the same time I really started to push myself with putty work.

I should have an update on my ETL vow soon too.

Indeed, the new sonic marine looks spot on, those really are good models from FW. Changing up the shoulder pad was a good decision, I realised when planning the noisier contingent of my force that something similar would have to be done if I didn't want to be cursed by uniformity.

Nice added detail to the marine and great use of the old blaster. Very good idea to switch out the shoulder pad that was part of that arm.

Thanks Hushrong. I much prefer this Sonic Blaster to the newer kakophoni ones. I just love the look of sonic faces, and there's one right there on the front of this gun!

Indeed, the new sonic marine looks spot on, those really are good models from FW. Changing up the shoulder pad was a good decision, I realised when planning the noisier contingent of my force that something similar would have to be done if I didn't want to be cursed by uniformity.

Thanks very much. The kakophoni bodies are really cool. I bought the kit a while ago, but only ever used 2 of the bodies. This is number 3. Changing out the shoulder pad is a good idea if you plan to use a lot of Noise Marines. Like you said, uniformity is a curse!

Nice added detail to the marine and great use of the old blaster. Very good idea to switch out the shoulder pad that was part of that arm.

Thanks Hushrong. I much prefer this Sonic Blaster to the newer kakophoni ones. I just love the look of sonic faces, and there's one right there on the front of this gun!

Thanks very much. The kakophoni bodies are really cool. I bought the kit a while ago, but only ever used 2 of the bodies. This is number 3. Changing out the shoulder pad is a good idea if you plan to use a lot of Noise Marines. Like you said, uniformity is a curse!

I wouldn't mind them if they were in plastic. The fact that they're finecast is a kick in the sack, imo. Give me quality resin or plastic.

I wouldn't mind them if they were in plastic. The fact that they're finecast is a kick in the sack, imo. Give me quality resin or plastic.

I'm glad they're not metal anymore. That would make converting the shoulder pad a real headache. But the quality of the resin does leave a lot to be desired. They regularly have air bubbles, and what's strange is that the bubbles are almost always in the same place; along the two underslung cables and around the face at the front. At least that's fixable though.

I like the more organic look. I'll definitely give that bit the credit. The wailing face is also just pure grimdark.

I had been making my own blastmasters and I've been using the Kakopohny cacophony as my sonic blasters. I like them but they are very squared and seem so mass produced since I haven't altered any.

I like the more organic look. I'll definitely give that bit the credit. The wailing face is also just pure grimdark.

I had been making my own blastmasters and I've been using the Kakopohny cacophony as my sonic blasters. I like them but they are very squared and seem so mass produced since I haven't altered any.

I really like your Blastmaster conversion; it's got a great size to it. The official model looks a little underwhelming for its rules. I see what you mean about the Kakopohny Sonic Blasters, but they were designed for use in 30k, where they would have a more organic look. I really like both the 40k and 30k versions of them, I'm tempted to build my next 10 Noise Marines with the Kakopohny ones so that I can mix and match to get a bit of variety.

My Sorcerer has arms now. He's got a bit of an Edward Scissor-Hands vibe to him.

5kBnBoL.jpg

And I've got to work on the second Decimator.

XDR2dOQ.jpg

CcLZ2GG.jpg

I too like 30k and 40k and at one point I wanted my EC to be able to switch back and forth between the two. They still can actually but I highly doubt I will be doing any 30k in the near future. I am really just waiting to see what GW will do for them hopefully soon. I still have a pack or two of the GW sonic blasters and some blast masters but I would like new replacements. I wont use my scratchbuilt blastmaster and the 30k cacophony outside of the my Cult and my Black Legion is itching to make things loud.

The sorcerer is coming along. His fingers make me think of Dikembe Mutumbo deflecting shots and going "NO NO NO" with this finger wagging. The new decimator is also looking off to a great start.

I'm glad they're not metal anymore. That would make converting the shoulder pad a real headache. But the quality of the resin does leave a lot to be desired. They regularly have air bubbles, and what's strange is that the bubbles are almost always in the same place; along the two underslung cables and around the face at the front. At least that's fixable though.

Without a doubt the metal ones were a pain, in more ways than one. My fingers bleed for about two months while I hacked sonic blasters apart during the heyday of the 3.5 codex, converting sonic bikers and terminators. 

I too like 30k and 40k and at one point I wanted my EC to be able to switch back and forth between the two. They still can actually but I highly doubt I will be doing any 30k in the near future. I am really just waiting to see what GW will do for them hopefully soon. I still have a pack or two of the GW sonic blasters and some blast masters but I would like new replacements. I wont use my scratchbuilt blastmaster and the 30k cacophony outside of the my Cult and my Black Legion is itching to make things loud.

The sorcerer is coming along. His fingers make me think of Dikembe Mutumbo deflecting shots and going "NO NO NO" with this finger wagging. The new decimator is also looking off to a great start.

There have been rumours about new Noise Marines and Fulgrim for a while now. Hopefully those rumours will prove to be true soon.

And it looks like my Sorcerer may have a new nickname!

Without a doubt the metal ones were a pain, in more ways than one. My fingers bleed for about two months while I hacked sonic blasters apart during the heyday of the 3.5 codex, converting sonic bikers and terminators.

I know what that feels like! I bought a bunch of the older metal Noise Marines to mix 'n' match their parts with the plastic Chaos Marines, but they are not easy things to chop up.