Syn's Emperors Children

SystemSyn

This looks glorious! I'm a bit torn about the custodes. I can see either way being really good looking.

Also, what are you using for the DP's head?

The Daemon Prince head is from the Simeon 38X model form the old Inquisitor range. I want there to be a connection between my two Daemon Prince's, and I love this head design, I'm glad Games Workshop made two Inquisitor scale Arco-Flagellants!

I've been absent for a bit, so I've sadly missed a lot here! That Morathi conversion is looking excellent, inspired use of bits there.

I'll also entirely cave on the bolter casings on the bikes - having seen them, I was definately wrong. Apologies. :)

Thanks very much TechType :)

No apology necessary, that's exactly the kind of feedback I look for when I'm trying out something new. I'm considering going back over the whole army and repainting their gun casings, so I really appreciate everyone's feedback on how it looks.

I have just made my first ever ETL vow! Here's what I've vowed to get done before August.

I, SystemSyn, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Emperor's Children and the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the units listed here, with a total value of 809 points before August 1st, 2018.

Vow 1 –

1.Sorcerer on Terminator armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Force Stave, Power Axe – 133 points.

UUP4jwO.jpg

2.Daemon Prince with Wing’s – Malefic Talon, Mark of Slaanesh – 180 points.

OywgCPM.jpg

3.5 Chaos Terminators, Power Sword, 4 Power Fists, 5 Combi-Plasma’s, Mark of Slaanesh – 282 points.

GjATPpc.jpg

4.Chaos Decimator – Decimator Siege Claw with Hellflamer, C-beam Cannon – 214 points.

K3HvZHw.jpg

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

ETL seems like a really good motivator to get through the units that have been stiing on my desk for far too long. So hopefully I'll have an actual update soon.

Looking forward to seeing that Daemon Prince painted.

I just noticed I've never actually commented on this plog despite keeping up to date with it religiously. It's all stunning is basically my verdict.

Dragonlover

Hey Dragonlover, thanks for the comment :smile.: I'm hoping to use the new Daemon Prince in a local tournament at the start of June, so hopefully he'll be painted up soon. Of course I still need to actually get him built first!

Looking forward to seeing the decimator take form from the Dragoon.

No need to wait, this will be my second one; you can see how the first one shaped up a few pages back on this very log :smile.:

Best of luck with the ETL!

Thanks very much, I'll need all the luck I can get with the pace I usually work at!

I've made a start on the Terminator Sorcerer, but so far I've actually used any of the parts from the official model. Here's what I've come up with for his basic body.

XebdPQ6.jpg

qAGQ1Em.jpg

Still a long way to go, but I'm much preferring the creepy vibe for this character, so I've got for a tall, hunched and skinny appearance.

The Daemon Prince looks like it will be intresting, it has been a blast and inspiring to see people make use of the new serpentine pieces from the Daughters of Khaine releases in Age of Sigmar in various ways. It seems to have opened the floodgates for many intresting Dark Eldar and Slaanesh conversions. As it stands I feel there is a noticeable size difference between the joint of the torso and the serpentine body, but I am sure that'll be fixed as you continue to work on it.

Consider my interest piqued!

Dam that sorcerer is comimg along nicely, great sculpting thus far. Will eagerly wait to see how this comes on :-)

Thanks very much Sagentus, hopefully I'll have an update on him soon. I'm currently trying to figure out what to do for his arms.

Syn, how do you do your scrollwork on your armor trim?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by scrollwork, but I do my armour trims by first smoothing the putty so that it is flush with any existing armour trim, then trim the outer edges with a hobby knife so that it's in line with the edge of the armour. Next I use a hobby knife to draw the shape of the armour trim into the putty. After that, if it's relatively straight trims like the standard Chaos Marines have I'll just leave it all to dry before picking off the excess putty. If it’s the more rounded/curvy trims, I carefully remove the excess while it’s wet, and then neaten up the inner edges by gently pressing them into shape with a round-headed tool. Perhaps not the best explanation, but I how this helps answer your question!

The Daemon Prince looks like it will be intresting, it has been a blast and inspiring to see people make use of the new serpentine pieces from the Daughters of Khaine releases in Age of Sigmar in various ways. It seems to have opened the floodgates for many intresting Dark Eldar and Slaanesh conversions. As it stands I feel there is a noticeable size difference between the joint of the torso and the serpentine body, but I am sure that'll be fixed as you continue to work on it.

Consider my interest piqued!

Your absolutely right, the upper body is a bit thinner than the serpentine lower body. I'm going to beef up the upper body a bit, both around his waist and his shoulders/neck area. In terms of where the two parts join, I'm going to add some armour around the waist. This should do two things, it'll help bulk the upper body out a bit more, and it will hide the join between the two different kits. Well, that’s my theory anyway!

The sculpt work is awesome. The shoulder pad is fantastic! He’s also a hunched over in his armor? He’s definitely going to be unique with his stature. How big is he at the moment compared to a power armor marine?

Thanks Hushrong. He's still got a long way to go, but he's pretty tall already. The sculpting work I've done so far is actually on his back, I've not added shoulder pads yet. The hole in the front is where his head is going to go.

Is that the Magos Dominus model as the basis for the torso of that Sorcerer? Frigging sweet. I'm also with hushrong. Can we get a size comparison? 'cause right now that model is looking awful tall already...

Great spot Gederas, you’re almost right. The base model is actually the Belisarius Cawl model. I replaced the lower half so that he's not quite so big. He is still pretty tall, he's not even on his base yet and he's taller than a Terminator.

Here's a size comparison pic for Hushrong and Gederas.

tra6Ce0.jpg

I'm not quite sure what you mean by scrollwork, but I do my armour trims by first smoothing the putty so that it is flush with any existing armour trim, then trim the outer edges with a hobby knife so that it's in line with the edge of the armour. Next I use a hobby knife to draw the shape of the armour trim into the putty. After that, if it's relatively straight trims like the standard Chaos Marines have I'll just leave it all to dry before picking off the excess putty. If it’s the more rounded/curvy trims, I carefully remove the excess while it’s wet, and then neaten up the inner edges by gently pressing them into shape with a round-headed tool. Perhaps not the best explanation, but I how this helps answer your question!

That does help. Probably only because I've been struggling with this for a little bit / the ridiculous amount of tutorials I've been reading / watching. Thanks, Syn.

No need to wait, this will be my second one; you can see how the first one shaped up a few pages back on this very log :smile.:

Of course, I'd completely forgotten your previous conversion! The new sorceror's shaping up really nicely.

... huh. Now that you tell me that, I see it.

I was planing on using Cawl as the basis for a Chaos Helwright on Dark Abeneyant myself. What you're doing is a cool idea though. :tu:

That does sound like a really cool idea! I'll keep an eye out on your log for it :) It always amazes me how people can come up with such different ideas for what to do with the same model. That's just one of the things that makes this hobby so great to me.

That does help. Probably only because I've been struggling with this for a little bit / the ridiculous amount of tutorials I've been reading / watching. Thanks, Syn.

Glad I could be of help to you. I love seeing the conversion ideas that other people come up with. I'll be watching your log to see what you come up with too :)

No need to wait, this will be my second one; you can see how the first one shaped up a few pages back on this very log :)

Of course, I'd completely forgotten your previous conversion! The new sorceror's shaping up really nicely.

Thanks very much Pearson73! The previous Decimator was a bit of a nightmare to convert. Hopefully it'll be a bit easier the second time around.

The Terminator Sorcerer seems like a very promising project! This should be fun! Also, that Terminator to the right of him looks boss! ;)

Thanks very much! The Terminator is from a unit I built before I started this log. I actually had about a 2000 point army before I started posting on here that I've never really posted up besides some game pics. But I can post up some photos of my other units too if anyone would like to see them?

... huh. Now that you tell me that, I see it.

I was planing on using Cawl as the basis for a Chaos Helwright on Dark Abeneyant myself. What you're doing is a cool idea though. :tu:

That does sound like a really cool idea! I'll keep an eye out on your log for it :) It always amazes me how people can come up with such different ideas for what to do with the same model. That's just one of the things that makes this hobby so great to me.
I'll likely be posting that kitbash in my general WIP, as I feel a Dark Mechanicum won't be allied with any of my marines, so he'd be a freelancer if you will.

But I will be posting it once I get more done on it. Trust me on that :lol:

Edited by Gederas