The implications of Guillimans return for the Imperium.

Angel_of_Blood

I'd lol so hard if he has just been praying for the Emperors forgiveness for 10,000 years.

I can't recall the source, but I believe there is a quotation from Guilliman that suggests that Guilliman believes Lorgar to be doing exactly that, although it might just have been an idle barb - ie, that's what Guilliman thinks he should be doing.

Man, after reading all those WD pages... CRAZY.

I got all excited when I read Guilliman bumps into one of his brothers, and then realized it is 100% Magnus because they literally show a pic.

So Magnus vs. Guilliman is coming, which I think would be their first battle. Better be some cool dialogue there.

I'll probably add that it looks very much like Guilliman's going to be taking control of the Imperium personally, and will be sending using the Custodes. This pic proves nothing but hints at a lot.

EDIT: Other interesting tidbits included them saying Ferrus returning was never on the table because he's confirmed dead (but didn't mention either Sang/Dorn, so WHAT). They also said this isn't End Times, but instead hinted its ushering in a "new chapter" which reminded me of those Age of the Emperor rumors.

17016096_10154408318062005_9084546953494

I just can't get over the head/face of Roboute. It is that aweful.

As far as him ordering custodians around....sure. Ok, why not

Hmmm... you can kinda read the blurb on the side. It's just a studio-made diorama. Very likely that it's drawn from fluff, but by no means a real depiction

Man, after reading all those WD pages... CRAZY.

I got all excited when I read Guilliman bumps into one of his brothers, and then realized it is 100% Magnus because they literally show a pic.

So Magnus vs. Guilliman is coming, which I think would be their first battle. Better be some cool dialogue there.

I'll probably add that it looks very much like Guilliman's going to be taking control of the Imperium personally, and will be sending using the Custodes. This pic proves nothing but hints at a lot.

EDIT: Other interesting tidbits included them saying Ferrus returning was never on the table because he's confirmed dead (but didn't mention either Sang/Dorn, so WHAT). They also said this isn't End Times, but instead hinted its ushering in a "new chapter" which reminded me of those Age of the Emperor rumors.

17016096_10154408318062005_9084546953494

This is zero confirmation of Dorn's death as only his hands are held on the Phalanx, and Sanguinius has likely reincarnated/ascended beyond the mortal coil.

I think these "leaked" pages are just GW setting up the narrative as "RG comes and saves everyone" so that when the book gets released the grimdark ending would have much more shock value.

Of course they could have went with the RG becomes Emperor and rules everything but I don't see how then any other primarch returning does not lead to a civil war. There is no way that Russ,Lion or Dorn would just go along with RG  becoming emperor. 

I think these "leaked" pages are just GW setting up the narrative as "RG comes and saves everyone" so that when the book gets released the grimdark ending would have much more shock value.

Of course they could have went with the RG becomes Emperor and rules everything but I don't see how then any other primarch returning does not lead to a civil war. There is no way that Russ,Lion or Dorn would just go along with RG  becoming emperor. 

All speculation aside, we don't know that they are coming back. They have to be around to not go along with something. 

I'm starting to think that Guilliman should throw the likes of Russ and Corax in prison for desertion :-P

The WD page mentioning how if they brought back Russ he would just slaughter everything until he gets killed made me think, "Yeah that's about right."

I don't think we are seeing Russ or Corax for a very long time. Russ I think will actually be the last or close to last Primarch to return.

I'm starting to think that Guilliman should throw the likes of Russ and Corax in prison for desertion :-P

The WD page mentioning how if they brought back Russ he would just slaughter everything until he gets killed made me think, "Yeah that's about right."

I don't think we are seeing Russ or Corax for a very long time. Russ I think will actually be the last or close to last Primarch to return.

Agreed, if the next 2-3 aren't; Vulkan/The Lion/The Sanguinor I'll be very surprised.

Agreed, if the next 2-3 aren't; Vulkan/The Lion/The Sanguinor I'll be very surprised.

I'm guessing they'll try and do bigger releases with the remaining Primarchs, more similar to Wrath of Magnus than GSIII.

Guess list after Guilliman;

1. Mortarion, Death Guard stuff

2. Lion, Dark Angel stuff

3. Fulgrim, Slaanesh stuff

4. Sanguinor remodel, Blood Angels stuff

5. Angron, more KHORNE

6. Vulkan, Salamanders?

7. Alpharius (who is now loyal), dunno

8. Khan (who is now traitor/renegade), Chaos/Dark Eldar

9. Perturabo, Dark Mechanicum

10. Corax, Raven Guard?

11. Lorgar, Word Bearers

12. Russ, Space Wolves

I'm torn on Dorn showing up, as he should be an early return or just dead. Leading either Black Templars or Talons of the Emperor.

Honestly though, 8th Edition should start by giving the Xenos some attention. Orks, Nids and Necrons need toys badly.

Why is everyone so sure that Sanguinious is going to come back? Horus killed him. Unlike the 'dead' Primarchs, who have theories for return, he doesn't have any theory or myth of return. Unless I'm missing something?! As far as I know the Primarchs that can't return are Curze, Manus and Sanguinious. But again, tell me if I'm wrong.

The reason they said that about Russ, which SW fans seem to forget or just be ignorant to, is the Wulfen Gene.

That faulty gene gives them resistance to Chaos but the more Chaos those who bear it come into contact with, the more pronounced said gene becomes.

Then you take a look at the gene and you realise that Russ must be in a bad way if he's been fighting in the Eye all this time.

Why is everyone so sure that Sanguinious is going to come back? Horus killed him. Unlike the 'dead' Primarchs, who have theories for return, he doesn't have any theory or myth of return. Unless I'm missing something?! As far as I know the Primarchs that can't return are Curze, Manus and Sanguinious. But again, tell me if I'm wrong.

And Horus? 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Emperor didn't just poke him to death, but psychically erased his existence from the galaxy using enough of his total power to do so that it's half the reason (other half being the physical and psychological wounds from Horus) that he barely hangs on in the Golden Throne.

So Horus is like X-com perma-death dead. No respawns, no save scum. 

Sanguinius is pretty dead as well. It's rumored that the Sanguinor is a reincarnation of him somehow, but that would be pretty weak sauce (especially considering the Sanguinor's crunch), but yea I can't think of widespread beliefs of him coming back. 

Ferrus Manus used to be dead, until all this Firetide something-something stuff started cropping up. I still don't entirely understand it. 

Curze is dead too. And considering he deliberately let himself be killed, I think it's fair to say for narrative and thematic purposes he's a goner.

Everyone else is cartoon-villain-falling-off-a-cliff-but-no-body dead.

I'm guessing they'll try and do bigger releases with the remaining Primarchs, more similar to Wrath of Magnus than GSIII.

I've always been of the opinion that a Primarch should only come back if they actually add something to the story. For example;

1) Guilliman comes back, reforms the Imperium, crowned Emperor.

2) The Lion wakes up, Unforgiven fractured, The Lion doesn't approve of Guilliman.

3) The Khan comes back, fights for neither the Imperium or Chaos.

They also shouldn't be the same character 10,000 years ago.

1) Russ should be more wise and mellow, compared to his hot headed younger self.

2) Would Dorn still follow orders to the letter, if the Emperor was truely dead. Or would he go his own way and try to reforge his father's vision.

There are a few Primarchs, like Corax and Peturabo for example, that I can't see anyone being able to do anything with, and for that reason I don't want everyone to come back, just this that can make the story interesting.

Oh yeah, forgot about Horus. But seriously? Ferris Manus being alive, somehow? Why?! Just leave him dead. Sanguinor? Yeah sounds weak, it would be :cusse if they made him an exact reincarnation. Maybe a slightly stronger marine. But he shouldn't have wings and shouldn't be as big as a Primarch, again, it would be weak if he was an exsctvreincarnation.

Well it's 10k later.

I wonder what changed in the Custodes modus operandi.

Nothing? only person that could change their charter is the emperor and he hasn't talked for 9k years. The empire is full of laws or edicts that work because they were done per heresy or durning heresy, and never changed later, because the only person that can do it is the emperor.

This ranges from huge stuff like  navigator houses charters [other lords of terra would be more then happy to have navigators as slaves, like they do have it with astropaths] to small stuff, like land raiders being marine only, because of a short term heresy era edict saying so.

I'm kinda conflicted about this "Rowboat Girlyman saves the Imperium" thing. On one hand, grimdark loses its effectiveness if everything is grim all the time... On the other hand you go too much in opposite direction and it's not grim anymore. Also, everything in gathering storm happens way too fast, therefore, dragging down the quality of the story. There should have been 3 books for Cadia, 3 for Fracture of Biel-Tan and 3 for Primarch Rising. Nothing really carries any weight because immediately 10 new things take place. It's storytelling 101 really. 

Also, I'm worried about you know... the rules. Too many BIG HERO UNITS who can't be reliably killed (therefore dominating the entire game) and rules that are just too powerful and not enough well-balanced codices (like Genestealer cults or Deathwatch).

Archived