The implications of Guillimans return for the Imperium.

Angel_of_Blood

I'm thinking it's a setup for whenever Tyranids/GSC get a spot light in one of the upcoming books, assuming they do of course

This.

Also, there are so many layers of bureaucracy on Terra that it's entirely possible they WERE detected, but the news didn't get to anyone who could do anything about it until they were already entrenched.

I'm thinking it's a setup for whenever Tyranids/GSC get a spot light in one of the upcoming books, assuming they do of course

This.

Also, there are so many layers of bureaucracy on Terra that it's entirely possible they WERE detected, but the news didn't get to anyone who could do anything about it until they were already entrenched.

Lol this is actually a great point. Maybe the servitor that was supposed to deliver the report is lost in some forgotten hall way in the palace? ;)

Yeah, considering the rather staggering amount pilgrims that reach Terra every day, many many thousands should probably be flagged for carrying some parasite or other deviation. That one person somehow gets in, perhaps due to a faulty servitor isn't that far fetched.

On the other hand, if anything made sense in 40k, all these arrivals should probably be put in a 2-3 months long quarantine so as not accidentally engulf the tightly populated planet in a global pandemic. This is something that should happen from time to time if such precautions were not undertaken.

It's just a little far fetched. The Inquisition operate on Terra, as well as other big Imperial institutions.

They mention a Cult, not just a few Genestealers. I can't see this kind of thing surviving on Terra.

GSC's wouldn't work on Terra on account of the boatload of psykers on Terra whose specific job it is to predict all incoming threats so they can be neutralized.

Minor spoiler for a recent 40k series:

Well that didn't exactly work that well during "The Beast Arises" did it?

Anyways isn't it conceivable that the hive mind could evolve something to get around that? What about a pod that is a psychic blank to deliver the original gene stealers so they avoid detection?

Speaking of The Beast Arises

We've already seen how a Primarch reacts to the degrading religious nature of the Imperium after the Heresy/Scouring when also faced with an enemy that needs to be dealt with. They tend to be fairly pragmatic, if disaproving. I can't imagine Guilliman being any less rational than Vulkan in the same (sort of) situation.

It's just a little far fetched. The Inquisition operate on Terra, as well as other big Imperial institutions.

They mention a Cult, not just a few Genestealers. I can't see this kind of thing surviving on Terra.

I dont you think it is.

A 4th generation hybrid is basically human.

It wasn't a ship full of 4 arms Xenos that arrived at Terra.

He could have smuggled himself in and then some cargo with Genestealer.

Slums are an awesome breeding ground for a cult like that.

I bet Carrion Throne from Chris Wraight will have something about it.

On the other hand, at least according to old fluff, the Inquisition is completely compromised by the Alpha Legion.

Moving things back on topic, the implications the Imperium with the return of Guilliman...

We know that the High Lords are a council whose individual positions are secured based upon the institutional power wielded by the organisation they herald from.

I haven't got my Codex Imperialis to hand but there are about 8 positions of the 12 that are considered virtually sacrosanct in that their power and necessity to the governing of the Imperium dictates permanent inclusion as High Lord.

On that basis, we must consider Guilliman's return to herald a shake up of the council in ways other than reform. As Primarch to a gene-line as vast as the Ultramarines, his influence and power will be something to rival even the Adeptus Mechanicus, Navigators and Adeptus of Terra.

Hopefully Guilliman throws them into the wastebin where they belong. A Primarch, especially Guilliman, will be a far better leader than the incredibly incompetent High Lords who seem to have only barely kept the Imperium in order.

I suppose the Custodes General can give his seat to Guilliman?

Unless they have that 30k attitude.

Also does anyone have a transcript of that Genestealer cult at Terra? I would like to open a new thread about it.

There doesn't have to be an existing institution to get on the High Lords Council. You just have to have an organisation that is so powerful (crucial fits here like Navigators) that you have to havea seat at the table.

If I rememeber rightly, whilst Custodes do sometimes get a seat, they're not one of the organisations considered unthinkable to not be a High Lord. I imagine it depends on how crucial their security is at the time whether they can influence others to be elected. Not sure what else they do.

On that basis, Guilliman won't need anyone to give up a seat for him as such. It's a case that such is his power and influence that to not grant him a seat is unthinkable.

Who misses out on a seat is unlikely to be one of the most powerful institutions.

There is a Space Marine representative on the High Lords, typically. Guilliman will take his place.

Ultimately he'll probably win the High Lords over with his Primarch charisma.

There is a Space Marine representative on the High Lords, typically. Guilliman will take his place.

Ultimately he'll probably win the High Lords over with his Primarch charisma.

What's the source on that? Never heard of that.

That's general established lore. A random chapter master of the Space Marines is sent to represent the Astartes on the table of the High Lords.

Also, when Guilliman created the current High Lords he had a seat amongst them. There were also a lot of "lesser" high lords who represented other parts of the Imperium and who could vote on issues (despite individually having less power) so it was a lot more fair.

Archived