• 2 weeks later...

Bjorn Firewalker: Thank you!
Kolgrim DeathHowl: Thanks!

Mortarion's bodyguards are now mostly done, only the bases to be finished after a good coat of varnish and Tamiya red on the eyes and lenses. I'm contemplating wether or not to add decals on the capes.

RdYgt4v.png
31ZNC4X.png
DOLXps2.png
BOqLMH3.png

That's it for now, would love to hear what you think.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

I’ve just spent the past few days going through this whole log and it has been time well spent. You should be incredibly proud of what you’ve achieved in these pages.

My only complaint is that it’s inspiring me to try out some true scale for myself, and I’m trying desperately hard to focus on Titanicus long enough to get paint on a gaming force.

Keep up the great work.

Dallo

• 2 weeks later...

hushrong: Thanks! I think I'll pass on the decals, less is more for the Death Guard.
Bjorn Firewalker: Thank you!
Sherrypie: Good call, thanks!
Brother Dallo: I'm glad to hear that! :smile.:

Alright lads and lasses. With all the infantry I've built so far for the Death Guard all painted up and varnished, there was only one more thing to do.

The Death Lord, Pale King, Son of Barbarus. Primarch.

6idnqnJ.png
qwbJkaL.png
uznSvpT.png
vKW7sd0.png
FI1IK0R.png
hkKnnYO.png
l4rgAKD.png
tQU5sqH.png
0MwxtSp.png

My take on Mortarion is now complete apart from varnish and technicals to be applied later as per usual though there are still some areas I've overlooked and will have to fix. I don't think I've ever spent this much time on a single model to be honest, working it through the weekend and then some. I'm quite happy with the repose and paintjob.

Would love to hear what you think.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks!
SufficientAnonymity: Cheers!

After finishing up Mortarion I've been working on something a bit different but deffinately pertaining to the hobby sphere.
I bought myself a Elegoo Mars 3D printer not so long ago and I've been running test prints on it. I have to say I never would have thought one could do this kind of stuff only a couple years ago with meager cash and from the comfort of their home. Anyway, here's some stuff.

Firstly I've repurposed my mk6 sergeant for the possibility of a recon squad in power armour. Still missing a few bells and whistles to call it done.

bALva7g.png

Trying to find stuff for printing I found this absolutely wonderful set someone had designed of mk2 power armour. Fiddling with the print scaling a bit, I think the look is perfect and effortless. I have no idea who or what this guy could be, but I've yet to run out of Death Guard shoulderpads so he might as well serve the XIV.

fZPUfhn.png
z2KkXDP.png

Another thing I got excited about was someone's design of a Horus Heresy styled sidecar for the assault bike. Now to have the actual bike model... I couldn't help doing my own additions on it even though the look is superb.

ROzwsLQ.png

One more thing worth showing is these humble objective markers I printed for me and Mekol for our games. They fitted perfectly on 32mm bases.

g0vODlu.png

Operating the printer is a learning experience. One might wait for hours to see the finished product only to be disappointed when the layering has failed at some point, producing no models and a bunch of toxic trash since the liquid resin has to be handled with care.

t4i2Xec.png

I'd like to mention I reread or rather listened Flight of Eisenstein as a rekindling of the story and I wanted to make a certain character to accompany the Battlecaptain of 7th company.

yOwHHV0.png

Lastly here's some spooky trees since 'tis the season.

qU9UaXc.png

Thanks for looking, cheers!

DuskRaider: Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
Sherrypie: I'm pretty surprised myself and these are just on basic settings. The printer was on the cheap side, 280€.

I figured I'm missing a Praevian in my legion so this will do just nicely.

Aegir Toll, brilliant in mind but blasted in body, reduced to the role of machine operator would find a new sense of brotherhood and meaning in the secrecy of the lodges, leading him on a dark path of discovery conjuring twisted amalgamations between flesh and machine.

yBK3Hie.png
eWNba1F.png
2gK7WiR.png
k3r0v0s.png
iWOIt86.png
qrETBs0.png

Pretty chuffed with how he came out, can't wait to paint the model at some point.
C&C most welcome, cheers!

Edited by Markus_

Lovely 30k Deathguard!

Fantastic right through the whole thread. Great Truescaling and incorporation of 40k parts into the project.

Lovely weathering and conversions. It's more than enough to tip someone into starting a 30k Deathguard army.

Really clever use of the scythe handle for the Mortarion conversion.

Great stuff! ('like bolter' needs a reload)

• 4 weeks later...

Son of Sacrifice: Thanks! I also like the combiweapon's 'everything but the kitchen sink' look.
Krakendoomcool: Thanks a lot! It's been quite a labour of love and occasional pain.
Apologist: Thanks mate, really appreciate it.

I've done the cyclopean effort of going through every single model in my army and finishing the bases. That means it's high time to take proper pictures of the completed squads. I will show you my tactical and heavy support elements along with HQ in power armour since the Terminator wing and armour need some stuff done on them still. In the mean time I hope you enjoy these.

Tactical Squad IV

xjHT4zg.png

Tactical Squad V

fTaF1Sg.png

Tactical Sergeants with Mortarion's recognition

UML75C4.png

Breaching Squad II

W4BdMl6.png

Tactical Support Squad III

GXKqvwU.png

Tactical Support Melta Section

WblI5FC.png

Lascannon Heavy Weapon Squad

ileeOT6.png

Heavy Flamer Support Squad

j20BFoF.png

Missile Launcher Heavy Support Team

fK8Tjpj.png

Veteran Close Combat Squad

sBXLbxX.png

Veteran Tactical Squad

ZFwS6dt.png

Apothecary Detatchment

dTiylBp.png

Command Squad

E0CnH58.png

Commanding Officers

CaJ57FK.png

Any questions or C&C is always appreciated.
Cheers! :tu:

I'm not done yet for the day, here's some stuff from the work bench.
I figured I might as well swap some gear on the Word Bearer character to make him more in line with Kurtha Sedd since I like his fluff and would like for the force to be compatible with the Betrayal at Calth boardgame. This means I will get to work on some Ultramarines in the future.

crm44KT.png

Here's where the Word Bearer veterans are at this point.

jEjCaQu.png

Something I'm very excited about is adding a Fast Attack choice for my Death Guard army so I've been working on the assault bike. Very happy with how it's turning out. The sidecar model can be found on Thingiverse, such a cool design. The driver's legs are also a 3D print.

P4SWH2K.png
0lqN2SD.png
LRMlWqc.png

I guess that's it for now, would love to hear what you think.