8th Edition Rumours

MoGuy

The Hellbrutes crazed rule is absolutely triggered by wounds it causes to itself.  That said, since even then it only activates on a six, it still doesn't seem like that big a combo.

Yes, you can take a non-death-guard nurgle army.  you just don't end up taking the death-guard specific units (so no poxwalkers, no lords of contagion, power armored plague marines will be elites for you, etc).

Did anybody catch the change to normal CSM? They can take a special or heavy weapon at 5 models now, and take an additional at 10 models.

They can't:

- buy additinal CCW;

- aspiring champion forget how to use meltabombs;

- aspiring champion can't have bolt pistol, bolter and chainsword at the same time.

Also to note:

- marks are useless (only a keyword for now);

- icons are pretty useless too (except for Khorne one);

- usually shooting weapons costs more (especially combi weapons) and melee weapons costs less.

Nothing to see here (as usual).

I am a bit disappointed about the lack of Warlord traits and artefacts. There are 3 warlord traits in the core rulebook but still, it would have been nice if the indexes would have given us at least some toys until the codices drop.

Yeah, without Marks of Chaos, Daemon Weapons, etc it feels a bit bland. I am sure they will add to it soon & it's enough to start playing some small games woith to get a feel for it... I'm wondering though, what do we have to take on hoardes? I might be wrong but it feels like we will rely on melee (I know, what's new) with Berzerkers/Spawn etc. It might be that the bog standard 5 x CSM with Autocannon/H.Bolter are the go to troop for us? I'm still not sure H.Bolter Havocs are worth adding, yet...

Yeah - bit bummed over the lack of additional ccw as I have also spent an absolute age on my DV Chosen to get them all wysiwyg and not all looking the same - not even legal now? They see most use as blinged out CSM as I refuse to buy the ancient kit for troops.

Yeah - bit bummed over the lack of relics, going to miss using my Juggerlord!

Yeah - bit bummed over marks. I guess we have to wait for the Codex.

In fact, I am not even sure I will buy these index books, I may just wait for the Codex. Certainly sure won't be snapping off weapons until it drops! I do like how the game is looking however, and understand the lack of customisation atm is because they are just trying to get everyone playable, not going to panic just yet.

Does anyone here remember when 3rd edition dropped and all armies had a basic army list in the BRB? I think thats how these releases feel now, and the codexes will fill in the gaps for us at a later point. I can see Imperial Marines getting the first release, but then look how 6th went with us being the first codex. Time shall tell I guess.

I'm liking the way 8th is shaping up though. And my Dark Eldar are looking happy as well.

The Hellbrutes crazed rule is absolutely triggered by wounds it causes to itself. That said, since even then it only activates on a six, it still doesn't seem like that big a combo.

Yes, you can take a non-death-guard nurgle army. you just don't end up taking the death-guard specific units (so no poxwalkers, no lords of contagion, power armored plague marines will be elites for you, etc).

What stops me taking poxwalkers? I thought I only had to have 1 keyword in common for a list to be battleforged? So I'd have both chaos and nurgle in common, or did I miss something? :S death guard just seems super restrictive

I mean, you certainly could.  They just wouldn't have your non-deathguard legion / renegade chapter keyword, so they won't benefit from certain character buffs (ie, from your lord or dark apostle).  And eventually there will probably be benefits to keeping armies or at least detachments to a single subfaction.

I mean, you certainly could. They just wouldn't have your non-deathguard legion / renegade chapter keyword, so they won't benefit from certain character buffs (ie, from your lord or dark apostle). And eventually there will probably be benefits to keeping legions or at least detachments to a single subfaction.

Oh I agree, was just checking I hadn't missed anything. Have been wanting to use my GUOs with some marines etc

Do the Chaos Lords seem weaker than the Space Marine Captains? It seems that way. 

Edit: On second thought they seem the same. 

I don't know, can chaos marine captains take master crafted power weapons & other superior gear options?

Funny enough in comparison between Exalted and Regular sorcerers; barring weapon options and terminator armor the Exalted are better in literally every way. For a hair cheaper. 

Rather pleased by that turn out.  Ours are basically superior in every way that matters regularly. Though we are locked into staves, but luckily I actually think they are fantastic so not particularly an issue, str 6 matters a great deal and ap-1 is fine. 

Am I missing something with the chosen? Why would you ever take them in 8th?

I wondered the same thing.........they dont seem very good. 

I see one use; Combi-weapon spam, but that jacks their cost to somewhat ridiculous levels.  They just don't seem very useful. 

Id think that Plague marines or Zerkers, or Rubricae, or Noise Marines would do those jobs better for the cost. 

I see one use; Combi-weapon spam, but that jacks their cost to somewhat ridiculous levels.  They just don't seem very useful. 

Id think that Plague marines or Zerkers, or Rubricae, or Noise Marines would do those jobs better for the cost. 

I guess just because you can make them so versatile? You can kit them out with a heavy weapon, some combi-weapons, and give them some power weapons and load them up in a rhino and just put them where you want. I guess you're paying more in cost in this case to be more adaptable since the cult troops seem a little more focused?

I dunno I agree and I'll probably only ever run Chosen just because the models from DV look so good.

Really liking the idea of multiple Dark Apostles buffing a Berzerker horde...

Why multiple?

I guess just because you can make them so versatile? You can kit them out with a heavy weapon, some combi-weapons, and give them some power weapons and load them up in a rhino and just put them where you want. I guess you're paying more in cost in this case to be more adaptable since the cult troops seem a little more focused?

I dunno I agree and I'll probably only ever run Chosen just because the models from DV look so good.

Really liking the idea of multiple Dark Apostles buffing a Berzerker horde...

Why multiple?

Lets you spread your zerks over the board while filling your HQ slots fairly cheaply. Some clever positioning could see the whole army getting rerolls to hit at once.

Archived