8th Edition & BA

Charlo

They don't die guys, so far prophecies have come true.

Basically, as per Dante, they lose Baal, fall back to Terra, and at the least hold off a threat to Terra.

I have the feeling that they will retake Baal with the Primaris Marines, though.

Just why you think it's hyperbole is beyond me. If I were recruited into a company to save it from a the brink of imminent death following the guidance of a score of old farts, and pulled it off, my first order of business would be to call the board and have them all fired and replaced. By me.

I mean, come on.

The whole BA legion can't pull off a win but the Primaris come in at the last minute, wipe the floor with the Tyranids and Daemons and then bow to Dante, who lost despite commanding basically a full legion, and only lives because the Primaris intervened?

Is there greater hyperbole than *this*?

But of course, since it makes no sense it's probably how things will roll in the new Wardian fluff.

We will probably recruit Necrons to breed Primaris marines in the next codex.

What do you mean despite having a full legion? They don't even have more than a thousand at Baal (and that's including other chapters that managed to make it)

The new guys are also just models at the end of the day. I bet we'll see them used a lot with normal Space Marines rules, but "true-scale" models.

I think it'll go both ways: We'll see folks buying and painting the new kits to have larger true-scale models, but playing them with the rules of their "basic" Chapter units (i.e. old Marines), and then we'll also see folks using the models they already have, but using them as counts-as Primaris Marines, to try out the new units and better stats.

And both of these approaches will be just fine.

V

I get the 'let people have their fun' stance [regarding Numarines]... my comment to that however is; this new 8th edition is different than past editions. It has the hopes of every 40k player, new and old, for the first actual "Balanced" version of the game; it's what people asked for, it's what they promised to deliver and as a Blood Angels player (who's played every edition) we've only seen brief moments of 'balance' in our codex... what NOBODY has asked for - was a new breed of Space Marines, better than the last - not from a fluff or narrative perspective, and with exceptions to the Truescale crowd, not from a modeling perspective either.

So everything will hopefully work out fine and nice and balanced, as promised (despite GW's terrible track record)... but before any mention of how certain weaker codex (like Blood Angels) will fair - we get super marines that nobody asked for; does this mean they aren't actually listening? ...and that's really what I'd like to know. I can only view through a 7th-Ed-Lense at this point, but so far it looks like Eldar and Tau are just as good if not stronger in the new edition and that could be quite disappointing in my meta (or most) as well.

I think also, from a modeling perspective, if you are mixing and matching or Truescaling etc... this will get quite confusing as the new marines are actually different rules wise now.

From today's article:

Amongst the besieged Imperial worlds in this Dark Imperium are many Space Marine Chapter Planets, including Baal, home of the Blood Angels. Things were already looking pretty grim for the sons of Sanguinius, with a hive fleet closing in on them, and now it looks even bleaker. Cut off from the light of Terra, the Angels and their Successors stand against the might of Hive Fleet Leviathan, hoping they can withstand the storm.

Yipes, the Blood Angels sound like they are in trouble. This isn’t the first time they have triumphed against impossible odds though, can they make it out alive? We’ll have to see.

Don't know why formatting on this site is so weird, but hey look! They're talking about Baal like there's a chance of survival.

Edited by NTaW

Geez whenever GW mentions Blood Angels in one of their articles these days it sounds like they are going to squat them even tho they keep telling us that all the armies will be there in 8th. Stop playing with my feelings, GW:rolleyes:

Gives me the vapors!

Literally me:

http://vader.fr/bilbringif/Albums/Internet/soGoodYes_McMahon.gif

Edited by Spagunk

Geez whenever GW mentions Blood Angels in one of their articles these days it sounds like they are going to squat them even tho they keep telling us that all the armies will be there in 8th. Stop playing with my feelings, GW:rolleyes:

Gives me the vapors!

Literally me:

You are on drugs? :P

Gives me the vapors!

Literally me:

You are on drugs? :tongue.:

.....are you not?!

I'm oddly sceptical.

If anything this means that BA could be a real poster child for Primaris Marines, which is only a good thing in terms of model/ rules support.

...Only a good thing - if you're interested/willing to buy the new marines (rather than play your existing BA force).

The old pessimist in me can't help feeling this is going mean - BA still stink, Guilliman and NewMarines come and save Baal. Hah, hopefully I'm wrong.

Probably. Or the lost Tau fleet appears near Baal and they get help from just another Xenos race. I mean they are pretty experience in fighting Tyranids after all. :D

I'm oddly sceptical.

If anything this means that BA could be a real poster child for Primaris Marines, which is only a good thing in terms of model/ rules support.

...Only a good thing - if you're interested/willing to buy the new marines (rather than play your existing BA force).

Great point! We know we'll have rules for our current range in full and they've even been mentioning the BA a fair bit with images and text so I think it means we'll just be in a really good position.

Space Jesus returns, saves the day vs the nids then reveals the emp sacrificed him to win back horus. The BA go bananas and split to forge there own empire and take the fight to chaos. The lion comes back and joins them and the angels of death return...

I wish!

Space Jesus...is...Sanguinius?

I like the idea of Blood and Dark Angels teaming up, forging their own 'semi-loyalist' empire, maintaining good relations with Tau and a healthy quid-pro-quo respect with the Necrons, in order to fight off 'nids and chaos.

I wonder if our boys in red and gold are going to become the poster boys of the Dark Imperium and the original marines, while the Ultramarines become the poster boy for the new marines.