8th Edition & BA

Charlo

So much inference and make-believe. By all means dislike the primaris marines but at least 'read the full thread' before throwing in the towel. No-one knows what gw have planned, and sweeping statements only ever serve to knock people down. Remember the pdf codex? When the gloom-and-doom/ ba-are-useless and will never get a real codex/ are about to be discontinued chants were in every other thread? Maybe exercise a bit of patience and actually see the whole rather than dismissing based on a couple of snippets.

A man may appear wise by saying nothing, a fool opens his mouth and confirms it.

So much inference and make-believe. By all means dislike the primaris marines but at least 'read the full thread' before throwing in the towel. No-one knows what gw have planned, and sweeping statements only ever serve to knock people down. Remember the pdf codex? When the gloom-and-doom/ ba-are-useless and will never get a real codex/ are about to be discontinued chants were in every other thread? Maybe exercise a bit of patience and actually see the whole rather than dismissing based on a couple of snippets.

A man may appear wise by saying nothing, a fool opens his mouth and confirms it.

Think you got that quote wrong haha... as someone who has been eternally resistant to the 'Sky is Falling!' response to every change in this game, I have to say, take a look, historically at the Blood Angels. The last really competitive codex we've had was 3rd edition and perhaps a few months of razorSpam in 5th edition. Does that mean "ba-are-useless"? ...of course not. I feel entirely confident, like 110% that we will not get 'squated' - but I am far less confident that we will have a 'balanced' codex, because there is literally no historical backing to make this conclusion.

So as always I am reluctantly hopeful... but hey - Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results... so perhaps I'm a little insane too. :)

So anyone else getting the vibe that if Baal doesn't get overrun by the tyranids it'll be the defacto capitol of the dark imperium? I also feel like it is a good indicator of Sanguinius being a primarch that is lined up for a return. Arguments for or against this idea have no bearing on whether or not GW would actually do it. Clearly they are capable of doing whatever they want.

I kinda envy you guys in red for being the only first founding chapter in the Dark Imperium … over there in the Wolves Forum the Puppies are whinning about the new Marines … you're lucky that you  probably can't hear their howls through the Cicatrix Maledictum. :wink::biggrin.::happy.:

I kinda envy you guys in red for being the only first founding chapter in the Dark Imperium … over there in the Wolves Forum the Puppies are whinning about the new Marines … you're lucky that you  probably can't hear their howls through the Cicatrix Maledictum. :wink::biggrin.::happy.:

Don't worry, we'll be getting them as well. GW said they will be available for all Space Marine armies so it's only a matter of time when the fluff tells us how they find their way to Baal. ;)

Silence is the only virtue of those who have nothing to contribute.

"Yipes, the Blood Angels sound like they are in trouble. This isn’t the first time they have triumphed against impossible odds though, can they make it out alive? We’ll have to see."

Oooooooooooooh yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa!

We've got the enemy right where we want him: surrounding us. Now we don't have to pick what direction to engage him in!

Get some!

I'm liking the sound of things so far because:

1. It means the BA are gonna have attention on them being them, not just Red Marines

2. If past is prologue, we're going to get insight into how Sanguinius + co busted out of Signus Prime entirely on their own AND somehow kicked the Ruinstorm's :cuss

3. The BA are completely cut off from Terra. Than Guilliman shows up with heretical reinforcements. Guess which Chapter is going to "more suspicious than others?"

4. This could be our finest hour. Devastation of Baal = the devastating rochambeau the Sons of Sanguinius deliver straight to the Hive Mind's :cuss that Tyranids three galaxies over feel it. And Ka'Bhanda drops his axe in sympathy pain and scoots off in terror.

And RG and the New Coke Marines show up being like "we're here for the rescue" and Dante is sitting there flicking daemon guts out of his anatomically correct boots saying: "rescue? You don't need us...you're doing just fine!"

Edited by Indefragable

"3. The BA are completely cut off from Terra. Than Guilliman shows up with heretical reinforcements. Guess which Chapter is going to "more suspicious than others?""

Dark Angels? :P

Sounds like Tower of Amareo time...

This... So much this. Doesn't the Tower of Amareo have like thousands of Blood Angels lost to the red thrist/black rage to the point where they can't even be in the Death Company? I heard it held more then multiple chapters combined. If this is the case good luck hive fleet Lethiathen, just open the doors and let them all out and they'll mop up the Hive Fleet themselves. 

Edited by StankyChicken

Don't worry, we'll be getting them as well. GW said they will be available for all Space Marine armies so it's only a matter of time when the fluff tells us how they find their way to Baal. :wink:

Yeah, but at least you Wolves Men Astartes Angels enough, not to cry about it. :happy.:

Apologies if this seems a bit heavy handed, but there was a discussion about Sanguinius' ressurection on the Indominatus Crusade thread, and Id thought Id share my two cents on this subject by quoting my main arguments on where I stand and why. Id like to hear what other people on this sub-forum would think on these.

I'm all up for plot advancement if it's done with a bit of care and consideration, so far though it just feels rather heavy-handed and cliched.

And as for them using terrible fluff to revive Sanguinius? I'm more worried about them 'giving the community what it wants' and unleashing female Space Marines on us...

No reviving Sanguinius would be worse and here's why.
If you were to get female marines, ok, it would be weird and contrary to the fluff but you would have it be its own isolated problem.
If you were to resurrect Sanguinius, it would kill the concept of death in the 40k universe the same way the concept of death was destroyed in comic books with the resurrection of Superman.
We have Preperuals now, by that worked for the most part because of the top writers that introduced the concept and due to how rare of a narrative device it is. Resurrecting a character who's martyrdom is a key tenant of the identity of several Chapters is a blatant disregard of not just the fluff of the past 30 years, but the concept of what it means to be dead in this universe.
It would be a drastic shift in the paradigm of the IP, opening out the flood gates to everyone and anyone coming back, losing a sense of finality and would cheapen the whole concept of 40k to an unredemable level.

It in no way diminishes his sacrifice anymore than someone who almost died (or did die for a minute before being revived) saving your life coming back. The principle is what matters.

Yes it does diminish his sacrifice because it negates the principle itself.
If anyone can come back from death, then the act of sacrificing ones life for the good of an ideal is no sacrifice at all.
Its just a time-out on action.

Apologies if this seems a bit heavy handed, but there was a discussion about Sanguinius' ressurection on the Indominatus Crusade thread, and Id thought Id share my two cents on this subject by quoting my main arguments on where I stand and why. Id like to hear what other people on this sub-forum would think on these.

I'm all up for plot advancement if it's done with a bit of care and consideration, so far though it just feels rather heavy-handed and cliched.

And as for them using terrible fluff to revive Sanguinius? I'm more worried about them 'giving the community what it wants' and unleashing female Space Marines on us...

No reviving Sanguinius would be worse and here's why.

If you were to get female marines, ok, it would be weird and contrary to the fluff but you would have it be its own isolated problem.

If you were to resurrect Sanguinius, it would kill the concept of death in the 40k universe the same way the concept of death was destroyed in comic books with the resurrection of Superman.

We have Preperuals now, by that worked for the most part because of the top writers that introduced the concept and due to how rare of a narrative device it is. Resurrecting a character who's martyrdom is a key tenant of the identity of several Chapters is a blatant disregard of not just the fluff of the past 30 years, but the concept of what it means to be dead in this universe.

It would be a drastic shift in the paradigm of the IP, opening out the flood gates to everyone and anyone coming back, losing a sense of finality and would cheapen the whole concept of 40k to an unredemable level.

It in no way diminishes his sacrifice anymore than someone who almost died (or did die for a minute before being revived) saving your life coming back. The principle is what matters.

Yes it does diminish his sacrifice because it negates the principle itself.

If anyone can come back from death, then the act of sacrificing ones life for the good of an ideal is no sacrifice at all.

Its just a time-out on action.

All the arguments you could think of: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/331925-could-sanguinius-come-back/

Well maybe they do. Who knows. But I don't think they would've a reason to. Nobody actually cares about the Emperor on the tabletop unlike it's the case with Primarchs now that Guilliman and Magnus are back (and soon Mortarion).

We have several open threads regarding Sanguinius and his resurrection/permanent death. Those would be a better place to seek the answers and thoughts many of us have.

As soon as the emperor were to get a model you can bet the treasury *every* imperial player on the planet would own him...

Tactical Reserves for today's preview:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/17/new-warhammer-40000-reserves-and-deep-striking-may17gw-homepage-post-4/

No more null-deployment in matched play - as half of the units must be on the table at the start of the game - and it could possibly mean some units lose the ability to deep strike altogether. There seems to be no more deep strike scatter at least, and everyone can charge from deep strike if they are able to make the charge distance.

Here's to hoping Descent of Angels and/or Dante allows models to deploy closer to the enemy, or have jump packs re-roll the charge distance.