8th Edition & BA

Charlo

I was planning on SS + Powersword Vanguards but since Chainswords actually have rules now I might stick to SS + Chainsword...it's way more brutal to kill someone with a Chainsword than with a Powersword anyway! :D

Just thought about the Imperial Knights...since we can actually shoot with pistols in melee, a unit of Vanguard Vets with Storm Shield + Inferno Pistol could be quite nice against one. He has only 4 attacks after all. Now I just need to know how the "Titanic Feet" rule works....and how I stop myself from laughing whenever I read that. :D

Just thought about the Imperial Knights...since we can actually shoot with pistols in melee, a unit of Vanguard Vets with Storm Shield + Inferno Pistol could be quite nice against one. He has only 4 attacks after all. Now I just need to know how the "Titanic Feet" rule works....and how I stop myself from laughing whenever I read that. :biggrin.:

But why get into melee to use them, when you can just stand a few inches away and have the same effect?

18519662_1830986387221992_40662771875356

The thousands of images from the archives that have chainswords in... And GW chooses one of an Eviscerator!

...:facepalm:

Well, it is a big :censored: chainsword... 

Maybe it will also add an extra attack.  ;) 

Just thought about the Imperial Knights...since we can actually shoot with pistols in melee, a unit of Vanguard Vets with Storm Shield + Inferno Pistol could be quite nice against one. He has only 4 attacks after all. Now I just need to know how the "Titanic Feet" rule works....and how I stop myself from laughing whenever I read that. :biggrin.:

But why get into melee to use them, when you can just stand a few inches away and have the same effect?

I don't understand the question. We are Blood Angels. Going into melee is what we do! :P

Have we had confirmation that gunslinging sergeants and van. vets are still a thing yet?

I've planned to build a 5 man van vet squad where each member has a different pair of pistols (Plasma, Inferno, Hand Flamer, Grav, Bolt), but not yet gotten round to it.

Have we had confirmation that gunslinging sergeants and van. vets are still a thing yet?

I've planned to build a 5 man van vet squad where each member has a different pair of pistols (Plasma, Inferno, Hand Flamer, Grav, Bolt), but not yet gotten round to it.

Semi confirmed. They told us that our armies/models will be useable in 8th but that's pretty vague.

A whole portion of my army just became usable again, without even knowing details. Hopefully we still keep a hefty movement for our tanks and that allows us to position for the charge better.

Didn't even realize you mix and match units in transports. Thinking of possibilities you could make units of 5 dc in rhino and 5 tac marines. Combi on the sgt and special weapon in the squad.

Just imagine the ride into battle. Those poor Tacticals who have to be together with Deathcompany in such small space lmao

Not having a unit limit on transports is super interesting. I don't know when you would want to put three different combat squads and a character into a land raider crusader, but you certainly could. Disembark and watch with righteous glee as the raider does donuts in the enemy firing lines.

Has anyone seen any mention of what are currently considered defensive weapons for vehicles? I'm curious if we may see hull mounted storm bolters and such be allowed shots in melee like pistols.

One think that irks me a bit, is that a character embarked in a Rhino that explodes, has 1 in 6 chances to die. Not take a wound, but die.

Is it me, or this is too much?

Edited by vahouth

Vehicles have an attack characteristic and it seems like people inside can shoot pistols in combat through firing ports, I think that might just be all the defensive weapons they get. 

Of course, can't be sure until 8th is released.