8th Edition & BA

Charlo

LOL

Plasma incinerator rules!

EDIT: Also it appears that if a model is armed with a bolter and a bolt pistol it can shoot both of them?

the rule for pistols say a model armed with a pistol can either shoot its pistol or all its other weapons.  so no, it doesn't look like it.

the plasma incenerator is interesting.  no risk of overheating normally, but you can overheat for s8 and 2 damage.  I could see myself doing that if the squad in question were about to get mowed down by some sort of like monstrous creature or vehicle or something anyways.  on its own though, it makes me wonder what the rules for regular plasma rifles/pistols are.

Yeah, I noticed and edited my post.

BTW, it appears that mortal wounds can carry over to other models than the one slain! 

Brutal

Yeah, I was wondering that myself; the language is a bit ambiguous there. Is the 'if this is impossible' referring to just not moving within 1" of enemies you aren't charging, or also that the first model needs to move within 1" of the charged unit?

Wait a minute...

You don't get to move in failed charges ??? I thought they said that you can still move the distance rolled.

Am I reading this wrong?

You're reading it right.  They never really said that they still moved.  It just wasn't clear in the initial Charge phase article.  Now that we've seen the actual rules, it's pretty clear.

Am I reading it right - when there is your model 1" from enemy unit, that unit can't shoot overwatch? If so, move (even using advance move) single model within 1" of unit and then you basicly shoot off its overwatch capability...?

You can't move within 1" of an enemy unless you're charging. Basically, the new 'within 1"' is the old 'in base contact'. It helps all the models with overhanging limbs (here's looking at you Genestealers) get in the fight legally. Edited by RedemptionNL

Am I reading it right - when there is your model 1" from enemy unit, that unit can't shoot overwatch? If so, move (even using advance move) single model within 1" of unit and then you basicly shoot off its overwatch capability...?

Of course you can't. Being within 1" counts as being engaged in melee in 8th. ;)

And another thing.

It's a tiny bit harder to engage in cc since now your models need to be within 1" from the enemy or from another friendly model within 1" from the enemy.

2" became 1" so less models can fight. Plus, no more extra attacks for charging.

Well, normally they'd have to be within 2" of someone in base contact, and in 8th they have to be within 1" of someone who is in 1". So that still means they can be 2" + base size away from the enemy and still fight - no real change there.

Well, normally they'd have to be within 2" of someone in base contact, and in 8th they have to be within 1" of someone who is in 1". So that still means they can be 2" + base size away from the enemy and still fight - no real change there.

Yet there is a difference especially for hordes that used to be able to attack even with models almost 2 bases away.

Speaking of Cataphractii. The Deathguard Lord is wearing one and since we have his Datasheet now we can make assumptions what rules it has in general.

- So first of all the Cataphractii special rule itself: when he advances you half the rolled result but he has a 4++ in return.

- Then he has a teleport special rule that lets him be placed in reserves at the beginning of the game and arrive more than 9" away from enemy units.

- Lastly his statline. His movement stat is only 4, while Plague Marines have 5 so it's save to say it gives -1M imo. Also the obligatory 2+ armor.

That's all I could figure out but sounds legit I'd say.

In the 40k QnA. Going to try and ask if we will get Cataphracti and Tartaros in the new edition.

THE ANSWER IS YES.

I'm not really surprised to be honest.

Despite the fact that they could simply refer to the faction keyword <Imperium> or <Adeptus Astartes> I do expect them to get the keyword <Chapter> as well. :tongue.:

Edited by sfPanzer

Not my favorite dreadnought, but it's better than Leviathan at least (which isn't saying much..)

Plastic Contemptor would have been a million times better..  But I suppose they already sold enough of the monopose crap.

Triggered confirmed. The Thunderhawk is a friggin beauty. Unfortunately too expensive and resin so I'll never get one.

No comment on Primaris Blood Angels tho. They look unbelievably boring. Painting only the absolute minimum of the details on a model that already is very plain just doesn't work for me. :P

Oh right and... LEVIATHAN BEST DREAD! (the Redemptor could achieve a good second place depending on his weapon options tho :ph34r.: ).

Haha well yeah since we know about 8th and keywords I'm actually fine with the article since soon we will be able to use them as well. Not caring much about Centurions, but the Interceptor is really nice. :)