8th Edition & BA

Charlo

Battlefocus seems to be hugely nerfed. Eldar mostly have assault weapons so they can run and shoot anyway.

Unless there is a major overhaul in their weapon profiles.

I suspect I didn't fully understand his description of battlefocus to be honest. He did mention that grav platforms always count as stationary. which also didnt make sense, 

Grav Platforms carry heavy weapons, so would normally get to move and fire at -1 To Hit in 8e.  However, counting as always stationary means they can move and fire without the hit penalty.  Makes sense to me.

Grav pistols and power fists on every sergeant is the way I plan to roll..

Do we even know what grav does in 8th?

I'm thinking about Lightning Claw, Combi weapon and possibly a meltabomb.

As long as it's concussive and can be fired in melee, grav and power fist for me.

Not a problem as such, the sheets aren't efficient for a fully background accurate force for 40k as there's a lack of the shoulder pad blood drop company markings and not many of  the knee pad squad markings (pre devastation of Baal, who knows how the Chapter reforms), but no reason to not go with what looks cool.

I'm normally an optimist, but that looks a mess. Really like some 3rd party garbage kit bash. I mean, there's no consistency in the armour plate design, are they going boxy or rounded, up armoured or exposed pipes and hydraulics. It looks like the shoulder pads were assembled upside down.

Such a shame. Love the gun though. Will look great on a contemptor.

Also the dread needs to lose the silly view slit. Either give it a helmet shaped sensor unit or go for something more techy.

Are we sure this thing on top is a missile launcher? Seems weird that the missiles have a smaller diameter than the assault cannon rounds. Could it be a smoke launcher?

Edited by Quixus

If they don't give use access to everything in the core index, but we dont get our unique units till a codex, thats both really :cussed and dumb.

We'll be half an army.

"Not the place to fix it" my ass.

It's exactly the place to fix it, then you add the unique stuff to each chapter later.

And here's to hoping sallies, scars, and IH's get some unique stuff of their own

Also the dread needs to lose the silly view slit. Either give it a helmet shaped sensor unit or go for something more techy.

Are we sure this thing on top is a missile launcher? Seems weird that the missiles have a smaller diameter than the assault cannon rounds. Could it be a smoke launcher?

IMHO this is a missile launcher. It's the right scale.

The assault cannon is that it's off scale. It's enormous!

The other dread variant has a reasonably sized assault cannon under its power fist.

From what I gather seeing the leaked Chaos marines rules http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333990-leaked-chaos-space-marine-rules/

Land Raiders have 16 wounds.

Whenever a vehicle explodes, it dishes out mortal wounds all around. How many depends on the vehicle it seems.

Also 70 points for a rhino lol

Edited by vahouth

There is more to gather.

Former Assault Vehicle don't get anything special, but the Rhino is 70p so GW apparently decided to go the other way round and make former non-assault vehicle more expensive instead.

It also doesn't seem like vehicle equipment is still a thing apart from some minor things like havoc launcher.

Oh and the Land Raider loses a LOT of his mobility once it dropped down to half wounds (from 10" to 5" to 3").

It also seems like the Chaos Land Raider can transport only Infantry from the same Legion.

It also seems like the Chaos Land Raider can transport only Infantry from the same Legion.

I don't think this is much of an issue though. Every detachment already leaked allows you to take one transport for each non-transport unit in the detachment. No more need for FA drop pods etc.

Did you notice: finally jump infantry can genrally be transported.

BTW Where can I find the 70pt rhino?

There is more to gather.

Former Assault Vehicle don't get anything special, but the Rhino is 70p so GW apparently decided to go the other way round and make former non-assault vehicle more expensive instead.

It also doesn't seem like vehicle equipment is still a thing apart from some minor things like havoc launcher.

Oh and the Land Raider loses a LOT of his mobility once it dropped down to half wounds (from 10" to 5" to 3").

Α few more things 

1. Point costs does not include wargear. So A 70 points rhino is naked?

2. Land Raider can fit ONLY 10 infantry models?? 

Edited by vahouth

I don't think this is much of an issue though. Every detachment already leaked allows you to take one transport for each non-transport unit in the detachment. No more need for FA drop pods etc.

It becomes a problem when you want to play a mixed Space Marine/Imperial list and want to embark a different unit mid-game.

I've been trying to decide how i want to invest on pre-order this weekend. I usually don't pre-order and just pick up loose copies of x-item.

I don't currently have plans to buy the starter kit. But I do have to buy the BRB and 4 of the indexes. I know Space Marines is a must. And I can't justify to the wife getting more plastic. It's hard enough with the books. xD

Everyone at locals are all wanting to start new armies. I don't. I may test some heretic astartes if anything later on.

Anyone know what direction they are headed as we fast approach the next edition?

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

It becomes a problem when you want to play a mixed Space Marine/Imperial list and want to embark a different unit mid-game.

We don't know what requirements the loyalist land raider will have yet.

I've been trying to decide how i want to invest on pre-order this weekend. I usually don't pre-order and just pick up loose copies of x-item.

I don't currently have plans to buy the starter kit. But I do have to buy the BRB and 4 of the indexes. I know Space Marines is a must. And I can't justify to the wife getting more plastic. It's hard enough with the books. xD

Everyone at locals are all wanting to start new armies. I don't. I may test some heretic astartes if anything later on.

Anyone know what direction they are headed as we fast approach the next edition?

Literally buying the brb and marine book then chaos later on. Still got plenty of stuff to assemble and paint (dreads, tacs, asm, devs even land raiders!). Super pumped for this edition and I'll grab some of the new marines when we get new squads/options for them and a new ba codex

This was posted on a Facebook site about Mephiston.... I can not verify the source tho neither can the guy who posted it!

M 7

Ws 2+

Bs 2+

S 5

T 5

W 5

Sv 2+

Sword is str x2, Ap -3, d3 wounds

Casts/dispels with a +1 bonus. There was some other info but it wasn't totaly clear I think it ment he had 2 fixed spells and maybe another 3 options??

Well, this leaked page from the Chaos index seems to have an exclusive list of units that Death Guard can take (note that it filters out units from the other chaos gods). I'm guessing BA will get the same treatment and as such still won't have access to stuff like Stormtalons or Landspeeder Storms...

Hidden Content
http://i.imgur.com/5p1YMWD.jpg