8th Edition & BA

Charlo

Haha. Does anyone notice that the Primaris Captain quite literally has a "boner"?  Do you think GW did that little pun on purpose?

Dude- what are we?! 12?

keep it tidy <_< 

In the same tone, it is interresting to note that Dante, with is 1,500 years of Service to the Emperor, is OLDER than Guilliman himself.

Guilliman is about 10k years old is he not?

Frater is saying that it doesn't really count, when the vast majority of that time he was in stasis/asleep.  Dante has lived a significantly longer actual life.  

It's a fair point, but on the other hand, Dante isn't going to give any of the loyal Primarchs any slack.  He knows that Guilliman is a true-Brother of Sanguinius himself. 

In the same tone, it is interresting to note that Dante, with is 1,500 years of Service to the Emperor, is OLDER than Guilliman himself.

Guilliman is about 10k years old is he not?

Frater is saying that it doesn't really count, when the vast majority of that time he was in stasis/asleep. Dante has lived a significantly longer actual life.

It's a fair point, but on the other hand, Dante isn't going to give any of the loyal Primarchs any slack. He knows that Guilliman is a true-Brother of Sanguinius himself.

Guilliman has been alive longer (not-dead for 10,000years).

Dante has lived longer, if you will (actual moving around, interacting, making decisions, gaining experience and wisdom for 1500years).

I have to say, that thought made me sit up and my jaw drop. Well done, Frater Antodeniel.

This really makes want to see RG's interactions with Dante and Bjorn. I always liked to think that Dante was the only Astartes Bjorn recognized since he had seen him a few times (unlike the SW getting a new CM every 100 years or so).

Edited by Indefragable

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/26/new-warhammer-40000-primaris-space-marinesgw-homepage-post-4/

Some insights:

- It seems all Captains hit on 2+ in range/CC

- Capts grants re-roll to hit to nearby units

- Crushing Charge delivers a mortal wound on charging

- Meteoric Descent = deep strike by another name

I cannot tell if this is specific to Primaris Capt but I hope not! We will probably get crushing charge and meteoric descent for our own jump pack guys!

Edited by Panda_Saurus_Rex

And: Mastercrafted weapons now appear deal 2 wounds instead of rerolling to 1 failed to-hit.

Also interesting is that the Inceptors have two ranged weapons each. I wonder how that will work - will the limit of one ranged weapon per model be lifted, and if so, how will that work with say tacticals who have a bolter and bolt pistol?

And: Mastercrafted weapons now appear deal 2 wounds instead of rerolling to 1 failed to-hit.

Also interesting is that the Inceptors have two ranged weapons each. I wonder how that will work - will the limit of one ranged weapon per model be lifted, and if so, how will that work with say tacticals who have a bolter and bolt pistol?

Maybe -1 to hit if you fire both?

Maybe you can only shoot two assault weapons, due to their full auto nature?!

T bonus is in an odd place this edition.

Boosting from T4 to T5 means you gain additional protection from, which S4 now wounds you on a 5+, but no benefit Vs S3 which will wounds you on a 5+.

I guess the real benefit is increasing the threshold for being doubled out - powerfist now wound T5 on a 3+, and T4 on a 2+.

Toughness protects you a lot more Vs high strength low volume attacks, while sv protects more Vs low S high volume.

Old hat I know, but I like the way they are starting to differentiate stuff.

Also, if primaris have +1W a over regular marines, does this mean regular captains only get 5 wounds?

Also, if primaris have +1W a over regular marines, does this mean regular captains only get 5 wounds?

Probably, but that's 2 better than they had, so looks to be fair enough, I suppose.

I like how the jump packed primaris work!

I can already imagine 5 of them dropping 9" from the enemy, unleashing 30 odd heavy bolter shots to the enemy and be able to charge whomever they want!

And if they fall back from combat, full auto bolter shots again! :D

OTOH, no other weapon options, so they're pretty one-dimensional.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/05/40k-8th-shooting-rules-spotted.html

Shooting rules have leaked. That answered the pistol + bolter question. Interesting that you can now shoot assault weapons after running (albeit less accurate) and shoot all the weapons you have. No more sponsons doing nothing because they can't get an angle on the same target.

LOL

Plasma incinerator rules!

EDIT: Also it appears that if a model is armed with a bolter and a bolt pistol it can shoot both of them?

the rule for pistols say a model armed with a pistol can either shoot its pistol or all its other weapons.  so no, it doesn't look like it.

the plasma incenerator is interesting.  no risk of overheating normally, but you can overheat for s8 and 2 damage.  I could see myself doing that if the squad in question were about to get mowed down by some sort of like monstrous creature or vehicle or something anyways.  on its own though, it makes me wonder what the rules for regular plasma rifles/pistols are.