+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

Race, I think your requirements are well within reason for an event like this. I am one of the ones who post-vowed and am thankful for it since I didn't find/join the forums until is was midway through. The only reason I got my inceptor vow in was because the models didn't even release until after the event started.

Obviously we all take a vow of honesty that this isn't something we did a year ago and are just now sharing pictures. I for one am getting super excited already.

WHICH is really up to the participant how much effort they want to put into the event.  1 HQ model seems "easy" relative to a 5-man unit.  If I were to put serious effort into that HQ model, then you darn tootin' I'll want to pint it well.

For my part, I would want to see some strict control over a conversion challenge.  The last two events were fairly relaxed about pictures and before/after entries.  For something like this, I would like to see entries that have another level of dedication to detail.

* No before picture = no entry

* Maybe more than one "in-progress" shot?

* No completion pic = not completed

In other words, it's not enough to "say" it was finished with a promise the pic is coming (which I've done).  Time to prove it was completed when you say it is so :laugh.:

Conversion work is not a matter of convenience, but a matter of dedication.

Am I being too strict with my idea?

Not at all, I completely agree. While participation is always the goal, standards have to be upheld to some degree, otherwise not everyone is committed to the same level of effort!

If we're being a bit more focused (not strict, never!) I'd like to see the event kept the event to Raven Guard and successor chapters this time. There are usually a number of broader events (BCK's conversion challenge springs to mind) going on around the site which we don't need to be competing with.

Feels like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted, but I said I'd get a photo of these guys up which was in focus once the builders were out (and I felt a bit smug about how the cloaks came out so wanted to put a back shot up):

62Sqd_8_Finished.jpg?raw=1

62Sqd_9_Finished.jpg?raw=1

Brothers, I'd like to ask a moment of silence and respect for Warhorse.

See eulogy thread here.

You're a weird fellow, I think I dig it.

We're grown men (and some women) who like to build and paint little gray plastic toys. We then push them around a table using a ruler and then we throw dice to validate made up rules that are in a book. If we're really into it we make pew pew noises when they 'shoot' and vroom vroooooom! noises when our tanks move.

I'd say everyone in this hobby is a little 'weird'. And I'm OK with that. :rolleyes: :teehee: :rolleyes: :teehee: :wink:

So, who still has a massive pile of shame that needs dealing with?

Me. The chaplaincy says I need to do something about it.

In the meantime i've been doing BCK's Character Conversion Challenge, Basically build your own version of a named character, right up to but not including basecoat. A great way to keep growing an army, but let the brushes rest a bit. Could be an idea to do something similar for next RG board event.