+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

I've been told you can use Olive Oil on a cloth to rub on that fogging and that will clear it off, but I have never tested it.

I have ruined multiple clear canopies in my lifetime due to the same thing, but didn't learn that LPT until after I started purchasing special glue :wink:

I've been told you can use Olive Oil on a cloth to rub on that fogging and that will clear it off, but I have never tested it.

I have ruined multiple clear canopies in my lifetime due to the same thing, but didn't learn that LPT until after I started purchasing special glue :wink:

Haha. Thanks Vyper, I might give that a shot.

On a different note....brothers, do you know what this means?  Do you KNOW!?!? It means, for the first time, in about 20 years of collecting GW models, I have ZERO backlog for a chapter/army.  ALL MY RG MODELS ARE DONE!!!!!!

I've got builders in and my paint station is now inaccessible. Everything is under an inch of dust (Scouts included), and there are toxic spores floating about. It's like living through the Konor campaign, except this time Chaos is winning.

That said, I'm gonna have to call these guys as finished as can be until I can get back at the paints and do a bit more tidying up on them and take a photo that's actually in focus.

So... Vow Complete:

62Sqd_7_AlmostFinished.jpg?raw=1

They do look good. I found some 3rd party heads I really liked. I thought they fit the RG well. I may do some scion heads as well to mix it up... or maybe make the Sgt's have the scion head so they stand out.

Here's the heads I used:

guardsmen-veteran-heads.jpg

Hey everyone, haven't forgotten about it all, work has been just... well work has taken over. Tomorrow thpugh I'll get everything squared away and get the stats up for the completion of the event.

I hate that my attention was taken away, for I'll have a failed vow, but real life really likes getting in the way lol.

Really dig that up-armored front plate/glacis that comes with the Hunter when used as a Rhino.

Further proof that no one should ever just by a Rhino, but something higher up the food chain on the Rhino chassis and magnetize it down.

Great work!

Same here......

Between Gf's dad in and out of the hospital, issues at work and a lack of motivation/ shiny army Project I failed my vow for the scouts......

More Stuff:

So, here is the before-photo of my 5 sternguard models from the Shadow Force Solaq boxed set (in my pledge I had delcared them as Sternguard). As it turns out, i decided to make 2 company vets with Stormshield and Plasma gun, 2 Honor Guard and 1 Chapter/Company ancient.

gallery_95196_13406_29405.jpg

And then here are the company vets:

gallery_95196_13406_4069.jpg

gallery_95196_13406_14769.jpg

gallery_95196_13406_20574.jpg

Honor Guard:

gallery_95196_13406_5232.jpg

gallery_95196_13406_4673.jpg

gallery_95196_13406_6740.jpg

gallery_95196_13406_38919.jpg

And the company/chapter ancient, who I tried to clean up a bit in Photoshop with limited success. You get the idea, though.

gallery_95196_13406_214840.png

gallery_95196_13406_192958.jpg

On your storm shield/plasma guy's eagle crest on the chest: did you just apply a wash and highlight? I need to do something like this on my intercessors because there is no definition on their chests and they looked very washed out.

Ha! No, it's not even that much effort.  My secret formula?

Black primer....White Scar layered drybrush over the Aquila. That's it.  Sometimes, if I messed up with having paint fill in the recesses, I'll scratch it out with an xacto.  And barring that, I might use some nuln oil to build the recess back up with shadow, but in general that's not necessary.

wow, looks great! I thought you shaded. I'll have to see what I can do for mine to get some definition then. I'm hesitant to paint black over mine for that one section since the models are done. I'm working on a squad right now that has one or two similar chest pieces. I'll try that on them and see how it goes.

The standard and its bearer look great, 9x19 Parabellum.

Thank you, sir!

Ok, Bedouin2, Race and Valaas, I have tried to do a full accounting of all my pledges, and include both before and after photos.

Here's a link to my updated pledge page.

I have pledged and completed 1 HQ, multiple Troops, multiple Elites, multiple Fast Attack, multiple Heavy Support, 1.5 Dedicated Transports, and 1 Flyer.

What I still owe you:

-A better finish shot of my captain

-A better finish shot of my 10 man scout squad

-A suprise finish of my Race Bannon kicker model :-)

What I don't have, and for which I beg you accept my Raven Guardsman's Honor:

-A before shot of my 5 scout snipers. Got lost to photobucket and I can't find the original.

-A before shot of my 10 man scout unit. Same as above. (best i have is like a "halfway" shot)

-A before shot of my hunter/rhino kit.  I totally forgot to ever take a picture of it or the receipt. 

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

wow, looks great! I thought you shaded. I'll have to see what I can do for mine to get some definition then. I'm hesitant to paint black over mine for that one section since the models are done. I'm working on a squad right now that has one or two similar chest pieces. I'll try that on them and see how it goes.

The 'trick' i use for the skulls and aquilas and such is a semi-dry brush.  I have a very light load on the brush.  Not so little that I'd call it a dry brush, but you don't want any paint trickling down into the recesses.  Then i just layer it on over several strokes until the white is opaque enough that I'm not seeing any black (or minimal black).