+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

Oh, it's sexy right, but the rules are a bit :facepalm: compared to a comparable Typhoon. So, I'm using mine as either a Tempest or a coints-as Stormtalon :happy.:

I love the idea of using it as a counts as land speeder, the problem is you can't run missiles and assault cannons according to the codex. Interestingly I noticed they removed a lot of options that were present in the index.

Last off-topic question: how is it in size comparison for the Stormtalon? I like the idea of using it for that counts-as also... mostly because I'm in love with that model now...

If it's legal in the Index and that's how it's modeled, it's still legal to use. Just pay the relevant point cost from the Codex.

I was under the impression that the Codex supersedes the Index? So the landspeeder codex entry is the one that needs to be used, not the index. Index Unit entries not in the codex can still be used (chaplain on a bike). I get in a friendly game use whatever, but 'technically' wouldn't all landspeeders have to conform to the codex entry/options?

If it's legal in the Index and that's how it's modeled, it's still legal to use. Just pay the relevant point cost from the Codex.

I was under the impression that the Codex supersedes the Index? So the landspeeder codex entry is the one that needs to be used, not the index. Index Unit entries not in the codex can still be used (chaplain on a bike). I get in a friendly game use whatever, but 'technically' wouldn't all landspeeders have to conform to the codex entry/options?

Nope. This discussion has been round ad nauseum recently.

If an option is available in the index, not the codex, and you have models for it, it's legal if you pay codex points.

No ifs, ands, or buts.

That's from Games Workshop themselves, as well as the creators of the new game.

Good to know. Thanks for the enlightenment!

Back on topicish, I'm starting my dev squad, but I don't think I'll be anywhere close to having them done by the 15th, so I guess it's two vows only for me... but better two than none!

Man, that looks really good ...

Welp, I live in GA and Hurricane Irma forced school closings, so I have the care of the boys WHICH means I am highly unlikely to finish my last vow.

It's possible, but not probable given the current situation. And if the basement floods, well ... I'm out for sure :P

Welp, I live in GA and Hurricane Irma forced school closings, so I have the care of the boys WHICH means I am highly unlikely to finish my last vow.

...are they old enough to paint?

That canopy looks slick. I demand more pictures!

Won't be where the bird is stored for a week, but there's an older picture that shows it a bit clearer. Blended Maccragge blue to Lorthern blue, washed with Girlyman blue (not on that pic yet). For that blend size, GWs large drybrush is your friend...

Man, that looks really good ...

It's possible, but not probable given the current situation. And if the basement floods, well ... I'm out for sure :P

Stay safe, Race.

Raven Guard Devastators (Heavy Support) VOW COMPLETE:

IMG 20170915 065943

Will edit and add a picture once I get back home tonight....will be just a quick photo as with the amount I have to do before midnight on Saturday (Primaris Lt. Tactical Squad and 4 Tau Aircast for the Manta Build), won't waste precious time getting the light box out!!!!

I'll take proper photos later and post them in my 4th Company PLOG.

This late in the game I think my Obsidian Knight LoW, will be a stretch to far but, I will post it without a vow at then end of the challenge to show how far it had got....

Next VOW:

I, Valaas, for the glory of the Rave Guard, 4th Company, vow to complete Primaris Lt (HQ), by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

IMG 20170815 163008

Cheers,

Valaas

Edited by Valaas