2017 - A Tale of Hobbyists

Thank! I'll give it a try and see if it gets me past the roadblock I'm stuck on. I think part of the problem is the basecoat is a tad too dark for the effect I want. The wavy lines look like a better approach than the methods I've tried so far as well.

I've had to make a short notice return to the UK for urgent family matters; thus this month will have to be a bye month - although i will be able to show the pledges off pretty soon after my return. I have also brought Saul Tarvtiz with me, so I will repair him whilst I am away! Got to kill time someway or another!!

I have actually pretty much finished the re-done Apothecary diorama - just a case of 'assembling' it again, i'll post the pics at some point but unfortunately I am away from home and not likely to return prior to the deadline. I have also done some work re-glazing the rhino to make it more pink, however I think i am going to totally re-do it, in line with a new rhino that I've been working on in my WIP thread - this won't take long as it'll largely be a re-shade and highlight but the white spot colour will go, as its not bling enough for my veterans!!.

Edited by Lord Commander Eidolon

Le sigh.... finally figured out how to post images to gallery- honestly a lil too tired to copy n paste links of my stuff individually but here is the link to my BnC gallery-http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/215967-img-6645/

Lmk what ya think frater

Edited by lionofjudah

:yes:Binary just showing off now with these LED's :teehee: looking awesome mate, also the World Eaters in the background look sweet

Wee update on my pledge, if you are in the Reinforcement Rush in the Ultramarines forum you probably already seen this.

5 plasma marines and 1 captain so far, 2 dreadnaughts to go:

captain 3

captain 2

captain 1

5 X Plas Marines

Edited by fisheyedbunny

Man we are coming UP ON THE DEADLINE and I am not finished. lol. I have completed two more Big :cussing Hammer Guys, refurbished an annihilated rifleman, redone the basecoat on my Daemon Summoner, and fiddled with the two surprises I teased for my killteam like thirty eight years ago. Rearmament and Redeployment about 70% complete - will take some pictures when I have finished - which will (Emperor willing) be tomorrow sometime.

Okay, here we go, first round of rearmed minis that had been damaged by a thrown household item that missed its mark, reassembled and ready for action:

IMG 20170813 150523

IMG 20170813 150503

IMG 20170813 150445

IMG 20170813 150426

IMG 20170813 150406

and the two Apothecaries I ordered a thousand years ago and never got around to finishing, WIP, to be finished tomorrow:

IMG 20170813 150350

IMG 20170813 150333

Still need to finish my daemon though....

Vow 2 Complete

Month 2 Vow completed and posted. 

The small month was nice, but will try and get more stuff painted.

As for my written vow... I have chunks of it. I was going to type it up tonight, but I seemed to have hurt my hand, making it hard to type. lol Awkward. No worries. Will start a Liber Astartes post in the next few days. Promise. 

Month 2 Vow Complete:

gallery_92897_13292_245331.jpg

Will get a proper lightbox photo as per usual when I have pinned that damnable model to his flight stand. If I ever do a unit of these I will be creating something for them to stand on.

Super cool work everyone. Two beautiful and different Howling Griffon armies is a real treat.Nice conversions on that very interesting custom chapter, Grot. Iron Warriors are hard to hate and you've captured that sinister inhumanness (Take better photos, please!). Also, Bullgryns *shudder* they are nasty in 8th edition, nice work though bad news for your opponents.

Edited by FirstSonofHorus

@binary that auspex screen made me tear up man, thats perfect!

So I made a mistake this month, which is vowing 1 knight and attempting...

35762771983_c4d565f256_b.jpgIMG_20170811_080641

yyeeeeaaaaahhhh.... This kind of ambition does not blend well with my new PhD job, got to use my one and only bye this month! And lesson learned on keeping painting simple. However! Made good progress on the decals and will probably finish the vowed knight before the end of the week!

35737277234_a18d09d3b9_b.jpgIMG_20170812_141532

brb pain glove