2017 - A Tale of Hobbyists

The vow is complete, but as I've seen more of 8th, the utility of a Leman Russ with heavy flamers as a mobile support unit in a Guard force with no Rough Riders or Ogryns injected some oomph in my rearming.

http://i.imgur.com/crQZLqNl.jpg

I repainted the middle hull to better match the color scheme of my core infantry (who I've officially plunged into the Cadian end of the pool; Pask and plasma, 'nuff said). Quick preview of the Knight Commander:

http://i.imgur.com/lBExSpTm.jpg   http://i.imgur.com/VjhZWWvm.jpg

++++Uplink Established++++

Pict Feed.............

Established

Vox feed...........

Established.

Artemis sprang past Xenomortis. 'Leave something alive I have questions!'

'I make no promises'

Artemis noted the Dreadnought was slaughtering his way through a group of aberrants.

'Squad Shael find me a leader'

Two clicks over the vox and the roar of shotguns in the nearest building was his only answer from the silent Charcaradons Kill Team.

med_gallery_11377_13211_167720.jpg

Month one vow 2 complete.

Up next 5 Deathwatch beta pics to follow

Edited by Grandmaster damion

As I noted in Month 1 Vow regarding the Grey Knight, I wanted to re-base the whole squad this month. I didn't make it part of the vow because I was worried about too much on the plate so I took the buffet mentality, "You can always go back for more if you're not full."

http://i.imgur.com/Lt7OWnrl.jpg

More scale for Primaris, too. New headcanon: "I'm sorry, sir, but we do not appear to carry Aegis suits in your size." Still, love the Primaris size (I wonder if next month's theme will let me really indulge). I feel like I hit peak productivity this week and it's definitely not sustainable, so I don't feel bad about the vow size as it's more in line with my average.

And a parting shot, Knight-Commander Pask enjoying a hot cup of recaf as he directs the Emperor's tanks.

http://i.imgur.com/Ffu8MQim.jpg

Iam back!

Yes this 'Month' runs to August 14th.

Mostly... still not fighting fit, but off the bad pain-killers and back to looking at the forum. Anyway.. I was aiming to get these photos up some point last week, but my trip to the hospital took more out of me than I expected. Anyway these are some poor quality photos of the finished unit. Will try and get better ones up as soon as I can!

gallery_63905_13412_1126845.jpg

gallery_63905_13412_765761.jpg

Month 2 Update 2: A bit more WIP

Month has been going well hobby wise, I haven't been distracted (well not much at least) so I've made a lot of progress on my vow for the month.
First up the predator, just need to sort a few details and it will be finished.
med_gallery_79320_11663_123613.jpg

I'm thinking of adding some chaos runes, marks and numbering each of my tanks.
The obliterator is on a similiar stage, things like eye lenses and those sort of details.
med_gallery_79320_11663_323484.jpg

I'm pondering how to finish the missile pod, I like to paint missiles grey with a yellow tip but with Iron Warriors it might get a bit blended with the metallics. Perhaps a nice red.
med_gallery_79320_11663_350865.jpg

The warpsmith I am going to try and brave a free hand Iron warrior skull, just trying to find a simple version of painting it.
The 5 bog standard marines are in a similiar state.
Everything is looking good to be finished up by end of the month!

The warpsmith I am going to try and brave a free hand Iron warrior skull, just trying to find a simple version of painting it.

I do best with breaking down the shape into more simple geometric structures and then filling in details.

http://i.imgur.com/EYrLln9m.png

Block out the shapes, add outlines of the eyes and nose, then fill in.

To be fair, I'd say the are both table ready, athough the demolisher could do with an agrax wash maybe

Yes, which is why the other guy is there.... the battle tank has a fair bit of fine detail work. The landraider, just needs saving from the bad weathering i did to it. 

I've been plugging away on my IW... no flippin pics as my laptop is maxed out on storage so I can't download what's on my phone and I'm sick and tired of Imgur and Flickr after the PB fiasco... going to keep on painting and hope to begin using the B&C gallery soon (if anyone could help me figure out how to post there from my mobile I'd greatly appreciate it!!!!!)

I've had no hobby time at all recently with the kids off and the wife having to cover extra hours due to her colleagues being ill. So the game plan of building myself some high end terrain has flown out the window.

But not all is lost. The kids really want to make some terrain for them to use. So we will have a 'Spawn of SW1 Terrain Build'.

I've got no idea on how well it'll turn out or even what we'll build. Whatever happens it'll be much more fun getting them involved than trying and failing to keep them away from my stuff.

Edited by SW1

Wiqid, those are awesome, I especially like the priest.

Work in progress of this months vow.

gallery_29932_13153_585.jpg

Work in progress of the building/converting of the count as Kataphron Breachers count as. Just need to do a powerpack to go on their back and some cabling. The third one will be armed with a torsion cannon conversion.

gallery_29932_13153_60064.jpg

The Harrowing of Trajan Prime - Month Two, Update One

+ + + Klaatu Barada Nikto + + +

It has been slow going so far in month 2 as I keep finding myself getting distracted by Xenos. Even so...I've still been slowing chipping away at my initial vow and expect to wrap it all up this week if I can find a solution for the Aspiring Sorcerer color scheme.

Brimstone Horrors

Still not sold on the yellow-green-blue vs a white-blue-purple. I'm not unhappy with them as is but will definitely try the purple tones if I ever do more. There are a dozen things I still want to touch up or change, particularly when looking at photos. Most likely going to leave them at this stage however. Also decided to go with cork for the base detailing so that these will match other daemons I've done. I had excluded bases from the first bow but will be working on that this week as well.

WIP (group)

There's a bit of fluctuation in color tones among the different miniatures. I think that's due to the yellow being mixed with glaze medium and me inconsistently applying it.

gallery_70556_13488_48348.jpg

Close ups

A little better look at the color shifts.

gallery_70556_13488_38934.jpggallery_70556_13488_6323.jpg

Aspiring Sorcerer

Sigh. No photos as I have failed horribly at getting the pale white-blue/mother-of-pearl effect that I wanted. Considering giving up on that and just making them Black Legion.

Aspiring Sorcerer 
Sigh. No photos as I have failed horribly at getting the pale white-blue/mother-of-pearl effect that I wanted. Considering giving up on that and just making them Black Legion.

Are you using iridescent tinting medium or trying to achieve the effect some other way?