DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle - An Experiment in Flesh and Machine

Fantastic 'miniatures' and fluff write-ups, Dusky!

Would you be willing to make a group shot of all your Knights together? It doesn't matter that their bases aren't complete - I just wish to gaze upon the might of House Makabius! :tu: :D

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I will try to get some full as-is army pictures soon enough, but I unfortunately I lost my mother last night so I'm probably going to step back from the hobby for a little while. I will say that I have ordered the Dominus and will get the rest of the parts some time soon. So there's that.

Oh man, that's terrible! I am so, so sorry for your loss! All the best to you and your family, and please feel free to use this community as a means to take your mind off things whenever it gets to much -- I know it has worked for me during some rather tough times.

I'm sorry for your loss man, the loss of a loved one is always rough.

I'll still be on here. I really don't think I could stay away from the site even if I tried, haha.

Well.... The hobby is known as plastic crack, so it makes sense that a well-established community site is more addicting than crack because of the people ;)

I just wanted to say thank you everyone. It's been a trying time but we're getting through it and it's nice to see well wishes from my favorite (and really only) community.

On the hobby side, I assembled the bones of the Dominus with the Taro Modelmaker bits. I'm trying to decide how I want to modify the guns (if I do). I had the idea of replacing the barrel of the Plasma Decimator with that of an Ectoplasm Cannon or head from a Forgefiend but of course no site or even eBay has the bits, so... sigh. I'm going to order the Legio Models Dark Mechanicum kit soon and then we'll be under construction.

I just wanted to say thank you everyone. It's been a trying time but we're getting through it and it's nice to see well wishes from my favorite (and really only) community.

On the hobby side, I assembled the bones of the Dominus with the Taro Modelmaker bits. I'm trying to decide how I want to modify the guns (if I do). I had the idea of replacing the barrel of the Plasma Decimator with that of an Ectoplasm Cannon or head from a Forgefiend but of course no site or even eBay has the bits, so... sigh. I'm going to order the Legio Models Dark Mechanicum kit soon and then we'll be under construction.

Is there any way to send you stuff without you finding out my address? I've got a couple Forgefiend cannons lying around I don't care about.

If the Unabomber could do it there should be a way, lol. I think you just send without a return address but I don't know if you can do that anymore. I believe with envelopes you can but I've never tried.

I did a little research and yes, a package can be sent without a return address. Obviously though if for whatever reason it is not delivered, it cannot be returned.

I will say, that would mean the world to me and I would send you something via PayPal anyhow.

Edited by DuskRaider

If the Unabomber could do it there should be a way, lol. I think you just send without a return address but I don't know if you can do that anymore. I believe with envelopes you can but I've never tried.

I did a little research and yes, a package can be sent without a return address. Obviously though if for whatever reason it is not delivered, it cannot be returned.

I will say, that would mean the world to me and I would send you something via PayPal anyhow.

I'm not expecting payment, I just wanna see the conversion. :biggrin.:

I'll talk to my (admittedly paranoid) parents tomorrow about it. Minor, living in a house with people, you get it.

By the way, if things work out - I actually recommend picking up the Forge/Mauler kit anyway, it's got a ton of good bits even if you don't need the kit as a whole.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

The armour plates are pretty great for Knights, especially the top armour plate with the star on it. If Zephaniah can’t get the parts to you I have one extoplasma cannon and the ectoplasma head I could send over; just might take a while to get there from Down Under!

Alright my dark sisters and brethren, I have some concept photos and would like some comments / criticism / advice...

This is the beginning of my Castellan Tyrant. As I'm sure you can see, it's going to be more of a dark tech theme than rotting mutation. I wanted to give the head some almost tentacle-like mechadentrites... these can be used for environmental manipulation (moving or lifting objects) or close quarters combat (repelling infantry or impaling enemy Titans which may wander too close). I'm unsure on their length and thickness, so I'd like some comments. Let me know what you think, because I'm not opposed to changing it at this stage.

I also wanted to show the size difference so far between the Castellan and a Questoris. Mind you, the carapace is temporary. It won't SEEM as tall as the Valiant, but much of the Valiant's height is perceived in the Bell and structure.

DfpCLxx.jpg

kezKc1c.jpg

aT9jDFk.jpg

jp4w5Pe.jpg

D1ViY1z.jpg

bYbGydv.jpg

Vv7VlCb.jpg

I like the look of the mechadendrites, but if one of their uses is potentially repelling infantry, shouldn't some of them be longer? Maybe do something like a squid where it has X number of normal length arms and then two much longer tentacles? Also, have you tried using those tube maker plates at different angles? That particular set makes a really cool pattern if you turn one of the plates 45 degress to the other one.