NTaW's Thokt Dynasty

NTaW

He looks perfect, NTaW. Is his brother painted up already, or is he a work in progress?

I'd love to see some of the lore you've got for these two....It'll be fascinating

I've posted the first few entries on previous pages, though once I finish I'll post everything in one shot for coherency. It documents the awakening of my tomb world through the campaign against Tyranids I just finished playing and will continue through other narrative games I play. Everything is/will be based around the real-life games I play in any campaigns (next one may be against Deathwatch), though it includes a lot of what happens before and after each match as well.

The Overlord is painted, he's on the first page of this thread.

Also, perhaps curve a sheet of white A3 paper on the table in front of a book and sit your model on it for a better focus :wink: ...heck!,what am i saying :sweat:  i should do that too :laugh.:

anyways he is a stonking lord !! :devil:

Cheers, Mithril

I've been meaning to grab/make a lighting box. I've used paper in the past but found anything I have handy reflects light a bit too much and figured if I'm going to spend any money I may as well get something specifically useful to the cause. Once I go back through with all my royal court's individual markings and repeat it on the units they most commonly serve with on the tabletop I plan on taking some real and proper pictures of the whole army, may even call a photographer friend and swing them some business.

Sat down last night and worked out some markings as well, since I'm again almost done painting models for this army. I plan on getting a Doomsday Ark and maybe a Spider but that's it for the collection for a while and going through and applying little freehand glyphs to every model will surely eat up time and continue to distract me from other projects.

Also, perhaps curve a sheet of white A3 paper on the table in front of a book and sit your model on it for a better focus :wink: ...heck!,what am i saying :sweat:  i should do that too :laugh.:

anyways he is a stonking lord !! :devil:

Cheers, Mithril

I've been meaning to grab/make a lighting box. I've used paper in the past but found anything I have handy reflects light a bit too much and figured if I'm going to spend any money I may as well get something specifically useful to the cause. Once I go back through with all my royal court's individual markings and repeat it on the units they most commonly serve with on the tabletop I plan on taking some real and proper pictures of the whole army, may even call a photographer friend and swing them some business.

Sat down last night and worked out some markings as well, since I'm again almost done painting models for this army. I plan on getting a Doomsday Ark and maybe a Spider but that's it for the collection for a while and going through and applying little freehand glyphs to every model will surely eat up time and continue to distract me from other projects.

:Troops: Ok understood,your pics are pretty good as is...i just wanted to see em better is all :sweat:  i look fwd to seeing markings on these guys, i was going to do similar and go back later and do the same on my destroyers...i wouldn't finish the painting vow if i spent all that time on marking them all :huh.:  ... what kind of markings did you have in mind?... 

Cheers, Mithril

I got pinned under a baby nap for a while today and had the clipboard within reach, ended up with these after a while:

40476829460_52d1bfb531.jpg

The starred option under Aaryekh is the one I'm going with, and the Lychguard symbol will have the top of the circle excluded to match.

Nice design.., i hate doing freehand curves :unsure.:  do they have decals in the necron box with any of those symbols?... or are you a legendary freehand artist ?...

...oh I remember the days of getting caught under a sleeping bub :sweat: i used to play WoW on my Pc when the little guy used to fall asleep on my shoulder... i still can't fathom how i used to play so well one handed :biggrin.: i admit the mouse had like 20 preset buttons on it :whistling: 

cheers, Mithril

:laugh.: definitely not legendary at anything, but I'm going to do it freehand best I can. Not a huge fan of transfers plus I want them to be blue like the wing markings on my Doom Scythe. It's all based off the Thokt symbol (Aaryekh's symbol but with a full circle in the centre) as well as the more popular Dynasty's Overlord/Lord/Phalanx markings in the Codex.

Way to optimize that nap time! :thumbsup: I totally could have moved him to his crib but it happens so rarely for me that it was worth being stuck on the couch for a bit.

Edited by NTaW

:laugh.: definitely not legendary at anything, but I'm going to do it freehand best I can. Not a huge fan of transfers plus I want them to be blue like the wing markings on my Doom Scythe. It's all based off the Thokt symbol (Aaryekh's symbol but with a full circle in the centre) as well as the more popular Dynasty's Overlord/Lord/Phalanx markings in the Codex.

Way to optimize that nap time! :thumbsup:I totally could have moved him to his crib but it happens so rarely for me that it was worth being stuck on the couch for a bit.

Yeah they're special times for a parent that don't last forever so take em when you can :happy.:  

ah i see... blue would be a problem for necron transfers :laugh.:  aren't they all gold! ,good luck with it and don't forget to post something when you get time :thumbsup:

Cheers,Mithril

• 2 weeks later...

Jeeze some of this Necron stuff is tedious to build. I had a hell of a time getting the three tubes from the Lord's back to connect to the crescent piece. This will be my first time ever painting in sub assemblies, not too happy about that but given my colour scheme and the model's build it's really the only option. Might be able to start priming next week if I can get a few minutes here and there to finish assembly.

42710106152_2095ac9b6b.jpg

Cool:cool.:  your building a Cannon of Doom!, (i have one to build as those things are awesome for Nihilakh Dynasty :devil:, although in hindsight i would not have built my first one as the transport...and had 2x big guns,...oh well)

as Mr4Minutes says, watch the ribbing when you glue em together...wonky models never shoot straight :tongue.: 

cannot wait to see this in your colours !!

Cheers ,Mithril 

Thanks for the heads up friends, I will definitely keep a watchful eye on my alignment as it goes. I've been dry-fitting like crazy since I never do sub assemblies (Marine stuff is super blocky) but can never be too careful. All this will come in real handy when I get my second DDA whenever they come back in stock 'cuz one of anything just isn't enough! Plus the idea of massive guns floating around is pleasing to me (and I have a couple gift certificates now in my possession that keep saying "do it!!" :lol:).

I re-set up my painting situation the other day since it's now way too hot and humid (already pushed into 30+ degrees daily) outside for priming. Just highlights left to do on those Destroyers and finishing my ETL vow will be one less thing I feel like I "have" to get done, which will be quite nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

More than three months since my last post! Goodness. I've done nothing hobby related while I focused down on a ton of other things going on and what do I do when I finally get the itch to accomplish something Necron related?

Pluck foam. 

45767721962_4c7aec4c3a_z.jpg

It's a glorious feeling when more fits in a tray than you think though. I have more than enough space to fit my Doomsday Ark now in my case, which I'll be starting to paint soon™. It's all primed and ready to go, managed to sneak in finishing that phase before the weather took a turn for the colder.

Battlefoam. I have tons of their products, probably 3' stacked of foam trays anyway as well as a 720 case, always works great. If I wasn't so far down the foam route I'd probably go with magnetic trays though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Still no work on models, but I've been slowly coming back around recently. Last night I think I finished the story of last year's campaign against the Tyranids, finally, with an ending that hopefully leads to more down the road. I've also got a bit of a civil war story brewing since another pal of mine has a blueCron snow-themed army, and I may start writing short stories for all (or most of anyway) my battles this year. If nothing else I've used the 2018 Chapter Approved character creation rules to separate my HQs from their generic Codex dataslates a bit, so will be doing proper individual writeups of the members of my royal court in an attempt to help explain why they are worthy of receiving such rules. Anyway, here's my story. I've broken up the parts into their own spoiler tags to make it easier to navigate from a variety of sources.

**After spending WAY TOO LONG on this I am giving up on trying to standardize the text. Formatting on this site can be a real pain and no matter what I do it always looks borky.**

Part 1:

Power. The sudden surge disturbing the Cryptek’s slumber brought long dormant systems online throughout the chamber. Pale blue light emanated from floor panels casting shadows upward while a massive holograph of the planet flickered into existence over a central dias. Kal’Teoch stepped out of his stasis chamber at the edge of the room and moved forward, the only sound piercing the subtle hum of technology that of his feet echoing off walls hidden by darkness. Long metallic fingers played across an ancient control panel and status updates for critical systems coalesced around various sectors throughout the image. Based on the readouts the planet had fared well across the millennia. What damage was caused by seismic events had been diligently managed by the tomb’s canoptek caretakers, blinking indicators showed where spyder constructs currently ministered to their duties. The vast stasis-crypts housing the Phaeron’s servants were still receiving only power enough to stave off the degradation of time. Whatever triggered his awakening had apparently not been the end of the Great Sleep.

Waving away the initial status reports Kal’Teoch brought the reason for his awakening to the forefront of the display. A ship had landed on the surface among sector 52.437’s outcropping of noctilith pylons, but before the master program could calculate an efficient response to the threat several of the lifesigns disappeared. The one that remained composed of a quite different genetic makeup, showing signs of significant psychic development not present in the lost signals. Even more pressing though was an anomalous object in orbit around Talrynos showing a biological composition that seemed to defy the Cryptek’s arcane scanning devices. As he began attempting to refine the scans a new warning sprang to life over top of his work indicating numerous atmospheric penetrations all focused around sector 52.437. Issuing revivification protocols across the closest stasis crypts to the event and placing several others on standby Kal’Teoch left his station, headed for the chamber of his patron Overlord. Aaryekh would deal with this incursion swiftly.

Part 2:

The battle had been short lived. These aliens showed in massed numbers and did not care for their bodies as they attacked, as if driven by primal force to annihilate. The steady stream of gauss fire Aaryekh’s phalanx of Warriors and Immortals put forth had no lack of targets and carved swathes of death as arcs of azure lightning danced across the garish lifeforms. Kal’Teoch himself was almost overtaken by one of the larger beasts, had it not been for the intervention of Aaryekh’s voidscythe vivisecting the multiple armed monstrosity his consciousness would have been buffered for download to a new host body while the fight was ongoing. The Overlord stood, holding an alien appendage aloft and examining the long blade-hand he had pulled out of his armoured pauldron. The living metal of his metallic body had already began knitting itself back together.

“Report to me Cryptek, where have they receded to?” Aaryekh demanded, throwing the chitinous limb at the ground in disgust. “We must pursue and eradicate these pathetic fleshlings. There must be nothing left of their taint upon Talrynos.”

Turning toward the Overlord, Kal’Teoch slightly genuflected and adopted the posture of deference. He knew well the Overlord's temper.

“All scans report the invaders are receding to their landing site but not withdrawing. What can now be perceived as their ship has adopted a geostationary orbit above the sector.”

“Why have we not already responded in the void as we have on the surface? As first awoken it was your responsibility to enact the appropriate protocols.” Aaryekh seethed.

“The forces I have arranged for you have been more than adequate to deal with the most immediate of threats, my lord. I have since sent revivification protocols planet wide and void ships are begin-” Kal’Teoch was cut off.

“Not soon enough!” raged Aaryekh. “Look to the sky Cryptek, your knowledge of technology is vast but your assessment of tactics today has shown inadequate. Maybe your optic inputs can show you now what your sensors could not predict.” He gestured out toward the horizon. Streaks through the hazy blue atmosphere showed hundreds of alien bioships making planetfall, clearly intent on reinforcing and attacking anew if previous behaviour was any indication of intent. “Nevertheless, we will purge our space of these vermin.”

With that the Warriors around them jerked into motion, stirred by the data-linked orders received from Aaryekh to move to defensive positions.

Part 3:

Deep inside the tomb world of Talrynos, Cryptek Dalrekh attended to the awakening of the planet’s higher functions. He had been informed of Kal’Teoch’s alleged failure by the Overlord and had hastened to find out what actually had occurred within the system's subroutines. Dalrekh found Aaryekh fast to anger and slow to understand when it came to the application of technology past the tip of his scythe, though it was wise not to antagonize this fact openly given his mastery of the weapon. His attention was pulled from dealing with a severe cascade failure in the maintenance protocols responsible for keeping the void ships in a state of readiness by a sound he recognized from aeons past. Turning from his station and looking out the viewport across the room, ocular implants automatically adjusting to the ocean of darkness, he could see the Dolmen Gate beginning to activate. Two thoughts dominated the vast cerebral processing power of the Cryptek and he couldn't be sure which demanded more concern. The fact that the last time the Gate was activated it nearly destroyed the entire planet thanks to the sabotage enacted by the Aeldari in the final years before the Great Sleep, or that those cursed enemies could now be externally opening the portal. With a thought he activated the defense systems surrounding the Gate and left to greet whoever was fool enough to enter his domain uninvited.

Approaching the vaulted doors that guarded the main entrance to the holding bay, Dalrekh was met by Lord Malhet and two squads of Immortals.

“I have been sent by Aaryekh to hasten the preparation of the fleet. Why is the Gate active, have you been damaged in your slumber to forget what happened to your predecessor?” inquired Malhet. Dahlrekh was unsure whether it was meant to condescend or a genuine question of status. No one had truly known the effects of such a prolonged stasis on the Necrontyr’s mechanical minds and the potential for erosion within personality engrams was a constant concern. He chose to ignore the challenge to his mental state.

“It has activated from elsewhere. While security pylons have been enabled within it is fortunate you have arrived when you have. Together we can find out who thinks they can undermine our Overlord’s holdings so easily.” The Lord weighed the new information. Being no fool, Malhet would have come to the same conclusion of who could be using the Gate.

“Let us enter, and take up position to repel whatever intrudes as you shut the system down.” Malhet said, turning his attention to the door. Dalrekh signalled the chamber to open, revealing the vast space inside.

Talrynos had been hollowed out and its core clad in Canoptek shielding, the elemental power routed into every facet of the tomb world. It was there that the Dolmen Gate resided. The surrounding area, so vast the mechanically advanced optics of Dalrekh could barely make out the curve of the wall as it expanded outward from the entrance they now walked through, housed Aaryekh’s fleet. Suspended in neatly organized rows were thousands of void faring vessels all arranged around the Gate, which during the War in Heaven could be used to connect anywhere in the Empire but now only reliably transported ships into the space surrounding the planet. Crackling blue energy was engulfing the exterior rings, arcing across the centre with increasing intensity. Dalrekh moved to a monitoring station while the Immortals took up position along the platform they occupied. Though the gate was far out of range of their weapons any invaders would surely seek the entrance they now guarded to gain access to the crypt. Malhet planted his warscythe on the floor with a clang.

“What is the status of the Gate, can you tell where the connection is being made from?” he asked, never once considering he was fully capable of observing the readout alongside Dalrekh.

“I can’t discern point of origin as of yet. Power levels are currently within optimal parameters for portal operation, no signs of overload are apparent.” came the somewhat perplexed response. Whoever was establishing the link not only has the knowledge to make a connection from a gate other than the one orbiting the system’s third planet but also to erect repairs on the core systems enough for a stable wormhole from wherever they were. White light flared from the Gate and a portal solidified within the now brightly glowing blue ring.

As Dalrekh focused on the event horizon a disturbance began to appear on its shimmering surface announcing the physical arrival of their unexpected guest. A single Necron floated through the portal on gravity repulsors, its metal figure and staff of office instantly recognizable as a member of the Triarch. The portal winked out of existence behind it as the figure, almost invisible in the distance now without the light of the active Gate behind them, began moving toward the platform.

“This is Talrynos, 5th coreworld of the Thokt Dynasty and ruled by Overlord Aaryekh.” The Praetorian stated upon arrival to the platform, though Malhet responded as if asked a question.

“It is, though we are currently under attack from an unknown alien species. Your presence is welcome, member of the Triarch. What news do you bring of the Empire?”

“Cryptek, allow me access to your scans of the threat.” It seemed to ignore the Lord. Dalrekh granted the appropriate permissions.

“Take me to the front.” It looked back at Malhet and the arranged Immortals. “I must share critical information about the invaders, who have been named locally as the Tyranids. They are no threat to be trifled with. Cryptek, be sure that a Stalker construct is powered when I reach them for time is of the essence and I will need not only its speed but also its weaponry to effectively assist in the defense of your planet.” No response was needed, for the will of the Triarch was that of the Silent King himself.

Part 4:

Gobs of luminescent bioplasma had arced through the sky before the battle began, impacts leaving behind frothing puddles of the mucoid substance regardless whether it struck hard rock outcroppings or the living metal of Necron torsos. The massed firepower of the arranged phalanx of Warriors was no match for the sheer numbers of the foe despite them flowing directly into the prepared kill zone. Swarms of chest height bioforms ran ahead of a variety of larger ones seemingly intent on miring the defenders in their remains, broken bodies piling high and offering cover to the encroaching horde. As the front lines began to falter a particularly aggressive breed of hunched aliens moved with lightning fast speed to dismantle flank defenses, breaking through the Warriors and engaging the few Immortals remaining who guarded Kal'Teoch and Malhet.

“These creatures fight with no regard for the codes of battle,” observed Malhet as the Immortals clashed with the attackers. “You must use the Capsule of Tel’Mhora to leave this place and reinforce the Praetorian’s position. I will fall back and do what I can with our remaining forces here.”

Kal’Teoch looked over his shoulder to see Aaryekh and his Lychguard charging their position from the rear, voice booming indignant epithets heard clearly over the din of battle. He agreed with the prudence of Malhet’s assessment. Signaling acknowledgement he engaged the Capsule’s transpositanium matrix and a blue mist enveloped Kal’Teoch as well as the Immortals, who never paused in their fight against the flurry of claws. As it thickened the Necron figures within began to phase out of existence, making way for the full fury of Aaryekh’s counter attack.

The Immortals who only moments before were engaged in brutal melee combat now emerged into existence on the other side of the battle with gauss blasters leveled at a hulking Tyranid, presently occupied swinging four long bladed arms at a unit of canoptek Wraiths, removing chunks of its thickly armoured torso with their precise aim. As it slumped to the ground the Warriors standing just ahead of where they had materialized were suddenly hit by a swarm of miniscule burrowing sub-creatures, bright sparks firing from individual holes as they became fissures and body parts fell asunder. Almost a full unit gone in an offhand salvo fired from the weapon arms of a massive winged bioform as it dodged a beam from the Triarch Stalker’s heat ray, the Praetorian marking the target as the alpha Tyranid of the group.

Looking up from the bodies of the Warriors as they phased out of existence here on the surface, transported back to their stasis chambers for repairs, Kal’Teoch saw a Doom Scythe flying erratically across the sky. Buffeted by the psychic energies of the Tyranids, panels of armour crumpled and fell away while the pilot struggled to maintain altitude. This position was in no better a state than where he came. Even under the time dilation effect of his chronometron the Immortals could do nothing more than defend themselves against the unending tide of green crested aliens. He could feel the strain on his power core as it kept the field maintained through multiple breaches, dealing with those Tyranids personally with blasts from his staff of light. It would not last much longer. Knowing the battle lost but the defense of the planet far from over Kal’Teoch triggered the phase protocols for himself and the Immortals. Casting one last gaze across the moving carpet of chitin that obscured the snow covered ground he wondered how Dalrekh fared with the internal systems.

Part 5:

The movement of the Tyranids was worrisome. Now able to focus fully on the various data streams from the planet wide sensor array, Kal’Teoch could see enemy forces massing behind the front lines of engagement in several sub-sectors. The Praetorian had stayed behind to harry the attackers, but the feints weren’t drawing enough aliens out and the defence of key power nodes was faltering under constant onslaught. If enough damage was done it could mean a serious disruption to the already egregious revival of the crypt. Dalrekh had succeeded in powering the Dolmen chamber and a full cohort of Doom Scythes was ready for use, though the two flights that had been released so far had made little difference in the battle on the surface. A more overwhelming application of force would be necessary.

The stasis-crypts housing the Destroyer Cult were isolated from the rest of the planet's systems not only due to their erratic functionality but also for what they represented to the Necrontyr. Not all minds endured biotransferrance the same. Those corrupted lost all potential for rational thought, their existence focused solely on the eradication of all biological life. The use of such weapons, truly all they were once their personality eroded completely, was only sanctioned during the most aggressive of attacks. One pod sat separate from the rest and required its own set of encrypted overrides to be activated. This was the resting place of Alkhet the Broken, Lord of the Thalrynian Destroyer Cult and increasingly deranged twin brother of Overlord Aaryekh. His was a subtle turn to madness. Presumably the enhanced engrams protecting the identities of nobility are what aided in staving off the inevitable; for hundreds of years following transference the only noticeable change was a newfound revelment in the destruction of his enemies. Initially perceived to be an excess of the arrogance typically shown by royalty, over time even talks with emissaries from other Thokt coreworlds saw this lack of patience with anything but combat fester. Almost fittingly it was on the battlefield where the truth of his degradation was finally revealed. The sheer brutality of his methods became enough to warrant censure from the Triarch and he was interred in stasis indefinitely, only his familial ties protecting his consciousness from being erased.

Sensing the necessity of the situation Kal’Teoch altered the priority of the Cult’s stasis chambers and ran a search on his Overlord’s current location, needing his approval for Alkhet’s use. There was no telling what Aaryekh’s reaction would be to such a request. His choleric disposition toward their current situation was making communication increasingly difficult.

Part 6:

Necron defenses had been overwhelmed to the point where only isolated pockets of blue energy flickering out against the hordes showed signs of the Warriors and Immortals left fighting. Kal’Teoch and Malhet fought side by side at the final power node in this sector, with Aaryekh flanking their position. His Lychguard, the Blades of Talrynos, showed how they earned their name moving methodically with dispersion shields held tight in a wall while swords cut down as many beasts as were in reach while Aaryekh himself cleaved scores at a time with wide sweeps of his scythe. All of the larger Tyranids had kept away from their location on the battlefield, instead only waves of lesser beasts were sent to engage them. It was very effective at keeping the Overlords attentions on the carnage of combat and keeping him away from any conflicts of consequence. Already too many nodes had been destroyed and the Cryptek was hard pressed to imagine it was chance that this was where the Tyranids focused their attack. The noctilith used in the creation of all aspects of Necron structures was anathema to psychic entities but instead of avoiding the null zones the hive mind seemed determined to raze to the ground any active sites on the surface of Talrynos. Perhaps the invaders sought clear channels of communication or indeed to specifically disrupt the functions of the crypt. In either case they were dangerously successful in their assaults. Amidst the constant rigors of battle he had caught glimpses of action from the flank opposite their Overlord. The Destroyers delivered a brutal end to all Tyranids that came before them but in the end they too were overrun. Alkhet had fought the Hive Tyrant through the skies, blue lightning erupting from his staff of light with every blow while great limbs grappled to land blows on his much smaller and nimble frame. Driving his staff deep inside its chest before triggering the energy burst Alkhet felled the great beast and was brought to the ground by the weight of the now dead leader. Rising from the body of the beast his screeching challenges to the surrounding aliens were met with a devastating psychic attack that imploded his chest and rendered him useless, body phasing out as his repulsors failed.

Suddenly there was a hum in the air. At once every Tyranid that could still make use of its limbs turned from the battle and ran toward a growing bulk of biomass. A bubbling pool was growing around a pulsating dome of alien meat, creatures arriving splashed frantically through the acidic mess to press their flesh into the construct. Their bodies were being broken down and repurposed into the required materials for this strange event occurring before the no longer beleaguered Necrons.

“What new stratagem could this be?” wondered Malhet, pulling his warscythe from the torso of a hormagaunt. “This….thing, this egg. It’s already bigger than the crescent of our largest pylon cannons. What could be inside?”

Kal’Teoch watched with fascination as he received scans of the object.

“The interior is either a solid mass or yet to take shape. I’m detecting traces of noctilith throughout, it could be that it is harder to digest and repurpose than other substances.”

Malhet turned to respond but in that moment a great tremor shook the ground as the Tyranid egg shot into the sky showing no obvious signs of propulsion. Moving fast enough that Kal’Teoch had to slow his ocular input to understand what he was seeing, it penetrated the atmosphere and entered space with no adjustments to course. A beacon to draw a larger attack force no doubt but that was not the end of this day’s surprises. All at once the remaining Tyranid forces in occupied sectors dropped lifless to the frozen surface of Talrynos, as if shut off by some internal switch. Checking and rechecking his sensory inputs the reality was clear: the invasion was over. Even the asteroid in orbit was now showing as a lifeless rock drifting in orbit.

“Waste no more time gazing at the horizon, Cryptek.” scolded Aaryekh as he strode up next to the pair. “I need my planet functioning and I need my legions awoken and readied. This will not be the last we see of these Tyranids and I will meet them properly when they return. Send out deep space probes along the last known trajectory of their beacon and notify me of your findings.” The Overlord paused as he stepped, a foot becoming entangled in alien remains. “Begin the incineration of the bodies immediately.” he spat distastefully.

Edited by NTaW

Me likey!

Writing is excellent, and i would know more about this mysterious egg you describe.

You've also made me think about having another go about my dynasty's own encounters with Tyranids in the lore, which I need to write (long and short of it--it's an experiment, and it doesn't go anywhere near the plan). Perhaps I'll get on that in another procrastination effort! :P

Will we see more from the forges soon?

Thanks Daimyo, I appreciate you taking the time to read it. My partner in the campaign is the one who came up with the Tyranid ending of the battle (since he won the campaign), he divulged the details to me but I have held back since my Necrons need to figure it out still and it's their point of view. If you'd like to know about his Hive Fleet's goals you'll have to wait for our next campaign, though I could spoil it I figured chances are our next go would pick up pretty much where this story left off (assuming he uses his Nids for the next one anyway). There also may be a contingent of Deathwatch dispatched to find out why a high ranking Inquisitor went missing in this sector...who knows! :lol:

The forges have been cold a while but are beginning to warm up (unlike the -23 weather outside). I've at least reestablished my painting station and have my DDA ready and waiting, now I just gotta find the time to get paint on a brush now that my schedule is settling down a bit. Going to try and make an hour or two available on Sundays for that purpose since my weekdays are now basically off limits.

Thanks Daimyo, I appreciate you taking the time to read it. My partner in the campaign is the one who came up with the Tyranid ending of the battle (since he won the campaign), he divulged the details to me but I have held back since my Necrons need to figure it out still and it's their point of view. If you'd like to know about his Hive Fleet's goals you'll have to wait for our next campaign, though I could spoil it I figured chances are our next go would pick up pretty much where this story left off (assuming he uses his Nids for the next one anyway). There also may be a contingent of Deathwatch dispatched to find out why a high ranking Inquisitor went missing in this sector...who knows! :laugh.:

The forges have been cold a while but are beginning to warm up (unlike the -23 weather outside). I've at least reestablished my painting station and have my DDA ready and waiting, now I just gotta find the time to get paint on a brush now that my schedule is settling down a bit. Going to try and make an hour or two available on Sundays for that purpose since my weekdays are now basically off limits.

Unfortunately i'm in opposite to this it's 40+ degrees Celsius outside where i live...:confused:  paint dries up in front of my eyes !! even with the Aircon and fans :ermm: 

the story was a good read(again) hope you get some stuff painted soon :sweat: 

Cheers, Mithril   

• 2 months later...

In continuing to procrastinate on my DDA, I recently acquired a second-hand Nightbringer that was primed and just waiting for me to paint up a huge cloak. I mixed the first colour and have just about finished the first (few) layers, hopefully today will see me get the time to mix the next colour and get rolling on it. Here's a WIP shot:

40567101703_2afe897cb4_z.jpg

EDIT: Chippin' away, chippin' away. Not really sure where I'm going with this just yet.

33660609208_b1f0416bfe_z.jpg

Edited by NTaW