NTaW's Thokt Dynasty

NTaW

Thanks Bjorn, wish I could take credit for the base but that's the way GW makes them. More Necrons should ride on waves of Scarabs!

He looks great and also without going over the top...matches your army too :thumbsup:

*Enjoy paw patrol bud... i'm at the "Adventure time" and "teen titans" stage...explaining some of the subtle jokes to a 6 yr old can be tricky :laugh.: ...:sweat: 

Glad the armies still getting worked on!! 

Cheers, Mithril 

Thanks Mithril, to make sure it tied in with the rest of my army I used all the same paints with the addition of some light grey and white in the mix. Had them all out for a game yesterday and the Nightbringer stands out among even the similarly sized Wraiths I have, which was nice to see. I was concerned I'd have to go to pure white and potentially wash everything but I'm happy with it as-is.

Ha! I imagine those moments scrambling for an answer are fun. I work with kids and occasionally get some pretty off-topic questions. I try to play it off, but it will be interesting to have to answer them for real with my own kid.

EDIT: I've managed to maintain some momentum with the brush and have almost finished basing silver on the gun and chassis of the DDA. Glacial speed for progress is just me being in character for Necrons, right?

Edited by NTaW

I'm not sure which paint you're referencing, walter. The paints released alongside the new Nighthaunt AoS army? I currently use lahmian medium but that's about it from the technical range.

• 2 weeks later...

That’s awesome. Congratulations on completion!

Thanks! *cues Enterprise theme over a montage of me procrastinating*

Your Necrons look intimidating as hell in black and blue. Excellent work.

Thanks! I will one day go back and add some blue shoulder markings on the units (pics of these back a few pages, hand drawn) and I'm always torn about actually highlighting the black a bit. Right now it's just matte black with nothing else done for it. I fear that if I do any highlighting it will make the armour look blue/grey instead of black/black.

Blue-gray highlighting should work, giving us the impression the highlights are the blue lights on the Necrons being reflected off their black armor.

I may have to paint up a spare Warrior to see how this looks. I can't be sure whether I like seeing matte black because I like it or because I don't want to go back and edge highlight everything :laugh.:

In other news still chippin' away and the Doomsday Ark. I'll be done the silver and black on the ribs soon and then I have to go back and completely finish the gun, but once that's done I'll be gluing this silly thing together enough to get a game in (hopefully) before moving next month. If nothing else it will be far better off painted, assembled, and in the case with the rest of the army than in any other condition.

46747351875_f099297060_z.jpg

Edited by NTaW

Blue 'crons are some of the best 'crons, I love it.

Also great to see the Nightbringer at the centre of your display there. I used to have the old metal sculpt of him back in the day, but I could never take him to games because that damn scythe blade would never stay on (and my opponents hated me :D )

I would have preferred a metal version, but I found a rather well cast finecast version that I'm sure if nothing else stands up on its base easier. It's one of my favourite Games Workshop models and I'm happy to have it at the centre of my force. Death is coming for my enemies! ...but not in-game because I lose all the time :lol:

As an update on the Doomsday Ark: all the silver on the gun and ribs is finished and washed black and I have got the ribs 1/5 of the way done with black. If I can keep getting bits of time to paint over the next few days I should be able to glue the main assembly together. Woo progress!

It took well over 20 years but I've finally ascended to "fully painted 2500 point army in a glass case in the living room" level of hobby. Now to just finish painting my DDA...though I'm not sure how I will fit it in as well. 

that is a nicely completed army. looks great.

So this was NTaW as a young kid.... "hey kid you going to make an army one day!?"...

gallery_9146_6928_73508.jpg

And now! Behold....

It took well over 20 years but I've finally ascended to "fully painted 2500 point army in a glass case in the living room" level of hobby. Now to just finish painting my DDA...though I'm not sure how I will fit it in as well.

46714856615_f4dee424b5_z.jpg

well done good sir well done !!

Mithril

:lol: that was too good!!

I've slipped back to no progress painting but I maaaaaay have nabbed up another box of Immortals and Lychguard yesterday. Once I get building I'll have 10 tesla Immortals and a glorious max-size unit of sword and shield Lychguard. Can't wait for the Blades of Talrynos to get even slicier (slicy-er, slice-ier....you get it).

Got the silver and black completed on the ribs and cannon, once I get the blue done on the cannon (maybe the flayer arrays as well) the first three big pieces will be assembled and I'll start work on the control section.

32799685447_3c03767efb_z.jpg

Also some musings on Necron themed dice. I like dice a lot and it would be pretty cool to have some made specifically for an army.

46826522135_c75ec805df_z.jpg

Thanks, this whole model has been a real chore but it's finally coming together. Hopefully I'll be finishing off the blue and gluing some pieces together today.

Chessex does, though at 1usd per side each individual dice would cost me around $8cad :lol: The only real viable way to end up with custom dice like what I've started sketching is to go across the other Ocean for prices and get a group of people all interested in the same thing so the minimum order doesn't leave me with hundreds of dice.

Oh jeez, I thought it was $1 per die, which is still enough that it gets pricy for a full set. $6 per die is too much for sure! That's like the cost of another Knight.

Looking back at their pricing I'd be getting at least 40 so it would be .75 a side. Still $4.50 a dice before conversion, but better? :lol: GW army-specific dice really are a decent deal for how custom they are. Not holding my breath for blue Necron dice though that's for sure.

Thanks Bjorn. It takes a certain skill to paint black over black :lol:

Didn't finish the blue, but I got the base layer done at least. Living dangerously though using the same type of cup for both beer and paint water...

40787759443_7dcb405105_z.jpg

Hopefully getting a game in Saturday and looking to field this mostly assembled monstrosity. Maybe it can take the bad luck that my Nightbringer had last game away.

That silver-Black-blue looks absolutely menacing,, NTaW. Makes my chrome and red look dull.

Oi, and get a proppa paint mug, ya git! Catch deff that way, ya willz. hyperphase katana flashes don’t mind me, just cleaning up a tesseract labyrinth accident, carry on....

hey NTaW , if your serious ... i'm a dice lover too :sweat:  and i have a nice Necron force so if it helps you can put me down for 40 dice as well if it helps your effort...

send me a PM if you want and we'll sort out money issues and such ...that is if your serious about it :wink:  oh what colour will they be :happy.: ???

cheers, Mithril