Ow yeah, I certainly want one if you snag an extra for a decent price!

Edit: The 12-man boxes don't include the heavy bolter and flamer. I'll save them for you.

Edit 2: Running knife and Auspex aren't included either. I think that's about it.

I got you brother.

and alright! thanks for figuring that one out for me saves me the trouble. 

i really like the unique poses in these kits, cant wait to see what you come up with

Edit: The 12-man boxes don't include the heavy bolter and flamer. I'll save them for you.

Edit 2: Running knife and Auspex aren't included either. I think that's about it.

I got you brother.

i really like the unique poses in these kits, cant wait to see what you come up with

Mutual assistance for brothers in need :biggrin.:

The poses are what sold me on these guys. They don't look like much on the box art, but once you put them together you get to see how cool they actually are. Perfect for a old school squad for killteam. 

The bare heads are also damn awesome. Great for future projects.

Edited by GreyRavenC

I got you brother.

Mutual assistance for brothers in need :biggrin.:

The poses are what sold me on these guys. They don't look like much on the box art, but once you put them together you get to see how cool they actually are. Perfect for a old school squad for killteam.

The bare heads are also damn awesome. Great for future projects.

Now that you mention kill teams... im gonna use these to represent the dark angels forum !

Personally im not a fan of bare heads... wear your helmet marine! Lol but i do love the head that's just the face mask !

Nice pics, if you want to make them more dramatic, get the camera lower than the heads and shoot upwards. Then crop the pics to look like you didn't.

You can even, with the camera up high like you currently do, after focusing, tilt the camera to aim above the minis then crop.

Try different ways but 'shooting up' is the key to making the subject look important.

My DW pics use this method fyi.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

• 3 weeks later...

Another vow complete:

gallery_92826_13391_107078.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_37491.jpg
gallery_92826_13391_2962.jpg

And another started

gallery_92826_13417_232115.jpg
gallery_92826_13417_23133.jpg

Damn those look sweet, I painted up one of the helmets for my terminators in bone white and I wasn't sure about it so decided to go with black and a bone stripe.

Thanks mate. I like the bone helmets, it's a nice touch of colour for otherwise monotone models. The face is the focal point of the model after all.

Nice pics, if you want to make them more dramatic, get the camera lower than the heads and shoot upwards. Then crop the pics to look like you didn't.
You can even, with the camera up high like you currently do, after focusing, tilt the camera to aim above the minis then crop.
Try different ways but 'shooting up' is the key to making the subject look important.
My DW pics use this method fyi.

Thanks for the hint Stobzy. I gave your method a try, let me know if it's an improvement or not.

Solid work like I expect from you GRC :tongue.:

Thanks Arkman, it's hard to keep up your pace though!

Edited by GreyRavenC

• 2 weeks later...

I keep forgetting to update my own thread with the ETL-stuff.

So this is what I had last week:

gallery_92826_13417_132139.jpg

I've managed to give him pants and a bra since that time. Armour for his left leg is finished, armour for the right leg still needs primer =/

gallery_92826_13417_188434.jpg

The time I spend slacking on the knight, I used to paint the Primaris part of the vow. Managed to pretty much get it all done, just need to finish up the base and paint the head. I decided to ditch the stock head, I didn't like it at all.

gallery_92826_13417_88262.jpg

Copied from Outpost

Vow 3 done.

gallery_92826_13417_107895.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_73687.jpg

Vow 4 started

I, GreyRavenC, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete a Primaris Librarian with Force Sword for 101 pts. on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_92826_13417_163770.jpg

So clsoe to the end, keeping it small and safe.

hmm I don't know why, but the knight looked more terrifying without the mask.

That it did, I was damn ugly as well, which might be what made it scary in the first palce =P

I can see what Lostrael means. I think it needs the rest of the armour plating to get the full effect of the mask. Shoulders and so on. Head seems less bulky that way and more menacing :smile.:

Keep up the excellent work, GRC :smile.:

All plated up!

hmm I don't know why, but the knight looked more terrifying without the mask.

At least its not flashing anymore :tongue.:

Nice progress GRC :smile.:

Yeah, it's one melee weapon less, but Knights are meant to go in the battle with the proper attire!

• 2 weeks later...

So close to the end of the event, I'm getting nervous to finish my miniatures on time. Time for the last one.

gallery_92826_13417_59811.jpg

I, GreyRavenC, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete a Primaris Phobos Librarian with Force Sword and a squad of Eliminators for a total of 174 pts. on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_92826_13417_18494.jpg

Fantastic work brother! You’re rocking theses guys out. I really like what you’ve done with the monitor on the servo skull

Side note: how do you feel about Primaris in the Consecrators? Of all the Unforgiven, they feel the hardest to bring in all the fresh mkX suits mixing with all the older marks of armour.

I'm not in the habit of showing WIP's, but I wanted to get some feedback on these guys. I'm not sure if I should replicate the camo of the Librarian on the Eliminators or if I should make the Librarian's cloak more plain. The camo looks damn awesome up close, but works a bit too well from a distance. So rule of cool or practical application?

gallery_92826_13417_93007.jpg
gallery_92826_13417_16007.jpg
gallery_92826_13417_36427.jpg

Fantastic work brother! You’re rocking theses guys out. I really like what you’ve done with the monitor on the servo skull

Side note: how do you feel about Primaris in the Consecrators? Of all the Unforgiven, they feel the hardest to bring in all the fresh mkX suits mixing with all the older marks of armour.

Thanks! Always a pleasure to have you stopping by in here.

Good question on your side note. I actually started thinking about their inclusion into the Chapter this month. At the introduction of the range, I painted a couple of easy to builds to test the new models out and I liked them. It were the Reivers though that made me ride the wave of Primaris, right into the new Phobos releases. The idea of Black Ops SM's is just too freaking awesome. So now I have a considerable force of Primaris, but no idea how to include them.

I could use the excuse of logistics. Maintaining an ancient arsenal of relics is a hard act to pull of in normal circumstances, the Great Rift would make it practically impossible. The Chapter isn't retarded to turn away reinforcements with brand new gear for their dwindling forces. I'll probably make a separate Company with only Primaris, where they support the rest of the Chapter or are used exclusively for high risk missions, where great loss of material is inevitable. The Chapter respects them, since they spill their blood for the Chapter, but doesn't trust them with their Relics, so no mingling of old gear with Primaris gear.

Edit: forgot the reply

Edited by GreyRavenC

I vote painting all the camo cloaks the same. For one, consistency. Two, because it’s me and I fully support practicality. And third, because it’s you GRC, and I expect nothing short of awesomeness out of you :D

Cool reasoning for the inclusion :tu: my memory is a bit hazy with the Consecrators, but are they a little more obscure when it comes to their numbers and companies? Is that canon, or am I recalling Grand Master Belials non-canon write ups of the successors from a few years back?

Regardless, it could be a great opportunity to kitbash the Primaris and “relic up” some of the command models

Wow! That camo looks awesome! Over been mulling over some patterns, and yours is probably one of the better ones.

My take is rule of cool first. Id do up the whole squad in camo cloaks

Thanks, but I can't claim the credit for the scheme. There was a great article in the WD of august about camouflage. If you're interested, here's the article I mentioned:

gallery_92826_13962_168543.jpg

gallery_92826_13962_238500.jpg

I vote painting all the camo cloaks the same. For one, consistency. Two, because it’s me and I fully support practicality. And third, because it’s you GRC, and I expect nothing short of awesomeness out of you :biggrin.:

Cool reasoning for the inclusion :thumbsup: my memory is a bit hazy with the Consecrators, but are they a little more obscure when it comes to their numbers and companies? Is that canon, or am I recalling Grand Master Belials non-canon write ups of the successors from a few years back?

Regardless, it could be a great opportunity to kitbash the Primaris and “relic up” some of the command models

Not that I know of, I would expect something like that for the Disciples of Caliban. They do mention in the Codex that they're pretty hazy about their numbers in the Ravenwing & Deathwing.

I might reconsider the mixed gear if they release more DA specific models, so they wouldn't stand out too much. Now all the bling goes to the Old Geezers, by decree of 'IC Stobz'.

Oh! Lol im still waiting for my copy of wd aug lol. Thanks! I was actually considering doing all my phobos in 100% camo, same with my scouts. Now i know how itll look! Im gonna modify colors if course, but the concept stands! Thanks for the reference.

Edit: Just got my august in the mail. Its the july wd not the August

Edited by jbaeza94

Wow! That camo looks awesome! Over been mulling over some patterns, and yours is probably one of the better ones.

My take is rule of cool first. Id do up the whole squad in camo cloaks

Thanks, but I can't claim the credit for the scheme. There was a great article in the WD of august about camouflage. If you're interested, here's the article I mentioned:

gallery_92826_13962_168543.jpg

gallery_92826_13962_238500.jpg

I vote painting all the camo cloaks the same. For one, consistency. Two, because it’s me and I fully support practicality. And third, because it’s you GRC, and I expect nothing short of awesomeness out of you :biggrin.:

Cool reasoning for the inclusion :thumbsup: my memory is a bit hazy with the Consecrators, but are they a little more obscure when it comes to their numbers and companies? Is that canon, or am I recalling Grand Master Belials non-canon write ups of the successors from a few years back?

Not that I know of, I would expect something like that for the Disciples of Caliban. They do mention in the Codex that they're pretty hazy about their numbers in the Ravenwing & Deathwing.

I might reconsider the mixed gear if they release more DA specific models, so they wouldn't stand out too much. Now all the bling goes to the Old Geezers, by decree of 'IC Stobz'.

Ah, you’re absolutely right, it’s the Disciples I’m thinking of. My bad haha

And yea, that Stobz... he has too much Lord Cypher in him, being all traditional. He needs to think more like the Lion