Oh! Lol im still waiting for my copy of wd aug lol. Thanks! I was actually considering doing all my phobos in 100% camo, same with my scouts. Now i know how itll look! Im gonna modify colors if course, but the concept stands! Thanks for the reference.

Edit: Just got my august in the mail. Its the july wd not the August

So it would seem, it literally says 'July' on the bottom of the page. That was a dumb mistake of me, sorry about that :sweat:

Still, it's a nice pattern. I considered changing the colours as well, so I'm curious what you'll make of it.

Ah, you’re absolutely right, it’s the Disciples I’m thinking of. My bad haha

And yea, that Stobz... he has too much Lord Cypher in him, being all traditional. He needs to think more like the Lion

Stobz and Asmodai, birds of a feather. We'll just have to wait until the Lion finally decides to wake the :censored: up    :biggrin.:

And my contribution to the ETL is done! Here are the last entries.

gallery_92826_13391_104308.jpg
gallery_92826_13391_37501.jpg
gallery_92826_13391_122694.jpg
gallery_92826_13391_70810.jpg
gallery_92826_13391_29170.jpg

And a collection of all my completed vows

gallery_92826_13417_51532.jpg

What now? Well, I'm going to paint the last five guys from Shadow Spear, since I replaced those five with a squad of terminators for the Hunt of the Fallen. It's a better deal, since it's more points for the ETL. But I wanted to finish the box with this event, so I feel obliged to paint them.

gallery_92826_13417_11371.jpg

After that, I going straight to the scouts and Speeder I recieved from DR. Just five more guys, and I can finally get started on these fellows :drool: .

gallery_92826_13417_17552.jpg

The Phobos Librarian's camo looks great.

Mixing camo across the army probably wouldn't work. Though with Consecrators I suppose the 'random army surplus' look could be justified.

Thanks! I used the same camo, wasn't disappointed with the result.

Edited by GreyRavenC

Thanks lads!

I'm joining a group in my local store to get back into the gaming side of the hobby. They're organising a Slow Grow Campaign, where you start with 750, and every 5 weeks the points get 250 higher. I have no idea how to start building a list. Should I go for the Phobos dudes or should I use my Tacti-olds with my trusty dreadnoughts? Are the new Vanguard any good?

Edited by GreyRavenC

• 5 weeks later...

Taking a break for a month. I only managed to paint the single squad i had left over. The rest of the month went to a real frenzy of building. I have 4 squads ready to paint when I get back at it, but first I need to start working on those scouts and other gifts from DR. Here are some WIP pics until I return. See ya later lads!

gallery_92826_13391_80021.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_100610.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_157788.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_280738.jpg

• 4 months later...

Oompf, 4 months. I've been slacking for a while. Haven't painted anything except for Secret Santa, but I've been hobbying of sorts. What have I done? Well, Legion building course!

First of, the one mini I've painted since ETL for Sister Lostrael:

gallery_92826_13417_224468.jpg
gallery_92826_13417_49374.jpg
gallery_92826_13417_80781.jpg
gallery_92826_13417_15601.jpg

I'm not in the habit of spamming pictures of a single miniature, but I've spent weeks on this dude, I want every millimeter shown!

Next up is what will come next. I made myself the promise to paint the metal scouts from DR first thing after ETL. I've been slacking on that end since drilling and de-moldlining the mini's was a pain. I've waited until I've saved up for a dremel to finish the prepwork. They're finally primed along with all the stuff I've build in my spare time. I all goes well, I should be painting them up by the end of next week. A metal dread, speeder and Knight are still awaiting assembly. Next ETL's gonne be lit.

gallery_92826_13417_222486.jpg

Sorry for the late replies gents, I didn't check up on my own thread after my vacation.

I see a sneeki breeki

Bollocks! Me a prophah Spess Mahreen!

Now I get why most of those primaris wear helmets. :laugh.:

Rumours are Cawl gets his geneseed from dubious sources.

Really cool squads and damn you did a nice job on cleaning those old metal minis, sorry about the super glue bits on the dread, was actually handed down to me from a relative ages ago.

Stripping metal minis are always a joy, it's so easy! Melted the basket of my sonic cleaner though :biggrin.: The glue isn't a issue, a flick with a knife and they're gone. Assembling them back is going to be the challenge!

I really enjoy the splashes of red on those Primaris (sorry, I’m not up to speed on all the unit names yet... most of them sounds the same!)

And I’m so curious to know what going on with the apparent mutation on that one aggressor...

Thanks! Need something to break up all the black. Once I get some decals, they'll really be done.

Don't tease Dave, he had a troubled childhood.

Testmodel done. I went with camoflaged fatigues, since I wanted to something different than the tan ones I did on my original scouts. It also gives them a connection to the Eliminators. since they're in the same Company, they might as well share some cloth. The detail on these guys is insane for their age! The next generation of scouts certainly was a downgrade!

gallery_92826_13417_811.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_207319.jpg

Good job on the new model.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Four down, four to go. The models look suprisingly alot like Infiltrators. Their gear and accessoires are pretty much the same. Might be why I love them so much.

gallery_92826_13417_53791.jpg

The other four are in various stages of completion.

gallery_92826_13417_54889.jpg

different theaters use different patterns, never too late to try something new/different!

That's not how my brain works. a great example is my necromunda project that is on hold, because I'm not liking my first 10 models, and i'm too lazy to change them to another scheme. But I don't want to paint new models in another scheme, since then they're not matching the first dudes anymore.

• 1 month later...

Another month! I finished my scouts a couple of weeks ago, but the whole Corona turd hit the fan right after. My spouse and I have been working our asses off since then, since I work in security and she works in the hospital as a pathologist. 12 hour shifts, 5 days a week. So i had no time or energy to spare to take pictures. First free weekend since, so here are some out of focus pictures!

gallery_92826_13391_61216.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_76091.jpg

It's going to be another couple of months before the next update, since our lockdown has been extended for another two weeks, but will most likely be extended for another two after that. Great for my income, bad for my mental health. Let's hope this bloody virus leaves the world sooner rather than later.

Stay healthy lads! Don't let that Nurglish bastard get to you!

Edit: Thanks for the comments lads! Sorry for not responding to each, but I'm really drained. I'll make up for it in the future!

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven