Most impressive!  I have an ambition to build a consecrators ironwing army, now that I've finished the 5th company (DA).  In contrast to your focus on footsloggers, of course!  3x5 breachers, minimum HQ, Mk III and IV techmarines, and nothing else that isn't tracked.  Deimos pattern predators, deimos pattern rhinos (with razorback conversions for 40k play), and deimos pattern vindicators.  It'll be pricey, but my plan is to have the models for both a 30k and a HH list.  Who cares if it's competitive?  Anyway, a question...where did you get the shoulder pads?  I can handle freehand, but would rather spend that effort on order and ironwing heraldry to make each of my <20 marines unique...  Painting the chapter badge on the tanks will be fine, it'll be bigger and thus easier.  

Nice work Brother!

Thanks Brother!

Most impressive!  I have an ambition to build a consecrators ironwing army, now that I've finished the 5th company (DA).  In contrast to your focus on footsloggers, of course!  3x5 breachers, minimum HQ, Mk III and IV techmarines, and nothing else that isn't tracked.  Deimos pattern predators, deimos pattern rhinos (with razorback conversions for 40k play), and deimos pattern vindicators.  It'll be pricey, but my plan is to have the models for both a 30k and a HH list.  Who cares if it's competitive?  Anyway, a question...where did you get the shoulder pads?  I can handle freehand, but would rather spend that effort on order and ironwing heraldry to make each of my <20 marines unique...  Painting the chapter badge on the tanks will be fine, it'll be bigger and thus easier.  

I bought them from 'Pop goes the Monkey', in the early stages of Shapeways. Wouldn't do it again though, the pads don't age well. I'll have to repaint them in the near future, which I never had to do with other models. The texture became pretty rough as well. I plan to commission some Decal sheets from Frontline gaming for any future models. I Imagine next month already, I'm getting tired of the blank shoulders on my dudes. Should be easier, cheaper and more durable than the customs pads.

I bought them from 'Pop goes the Monkey', in the early stages of Shapeways. Wouldn't do it again though, the pads don't age well. I'll have to repaint them in the near future, which I never had to do with other models. The texture became pretty rough as well. I plan to commission some Decal sheets from Frontline gaming for any future models. I Imagine next month already, I'm getting tired of the blank shoulders on my dudes. Should be easier, cheaper and more durable than the customs pads.

That's too bad, but I appreciate the warning.  I like custom pads, but loathe decals. I guess it'll be the freehand painting method for me! 

That's too bad, but I appreciate the warning.  I like custom pads, but loathe decals. I guess it'll be the freehand painting method for me! 

People seem to like the pads though, 3D-printing isn't the same as it was 4 years ago. I didn't like the pads, but I seem to be a minority in that regard. Pop goes the monkey has his own site now instead of Shapeways, give it a try for a squad if you're committed.

People seem to like the pads though, 3D-printing isn't the same as it was 4 years ago. I didn't like the pads, but I seem to be a minority in that regard. Pop goes the monkey has his own site now instead of Shapeways, give it a try for a squad if you're committed.

Hmm.  I've taken a look at his site.  Surprisingly, he has consecrators insignia for vehicles, as well.  I'll try to remember that when I start the project. Thanks!

Did some work on the Infiltrators, but got a bit burned out. Went for a dread instead. It was an impulsive buy and I had my regrets afterwards, but it was fun to paint at least! I really need to get those transfers ordered, it's looking pretty nude without his Chapter badges!

gallery_92826_13391_129172.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_102347.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_103589.jpg

Great to see you’re still at it brother! Those army shots are a real treat :thumbsup:

Even with a year hiatus, I think your painting has gotten better!

Glad to see you're still around mate, I missed you! Lurking around and looking at other people's work like I have? :laugh.:

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

I’m hoping to get back into the hobby. A combination of RL issues burnt me out of the hobby, but I’m starting to get the creative juices moving here again.

I do believe you have mastered the art of painting checkered patterns GRC! I think I’d love to see you paint up a kill team of Harlequins!!!

I’m hoping to get back into the hobby. A combination of RL issues burnt me out of the hobby, but I’m starting to get the creative juices moving here again.

I do believe you have mastered the art of painting checkered patterns GRC! I think I’d love to see you paint up a kill team of Harlequins!!!

No need to rush it buddy, it's still suposed to be a hobby, not a chore.  All in due time :yes:

Thanks for the compliment! You've seen nothing yet, I'm planning some ambitious experiments on some my upcoming models :wink:

Great work as usual CGR.

Thank you! 

Still have some days off, so churning out some models while I'm at home. Finished the new Chaplain with his pimpstick. A hard model to paint, especially to differentiate between the different bone parts. Had to redo the cloak a couple of times, it never looked right. Oil paints solved the issue with softer blends, but doesn't show on camera.

gallery_92826_13391_79635.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_74270.jpg

Damn !
Really beautifull squad.

Thanks buddy!

The Pimpster is looking great Brother, love the freehand on the scrolls.

Needs a DA icon on the left shoulder, what version will you be putting there?

Thanks Brother! I'm planning on using the Consecrators badge, when I eventually order some. I've been slacking on that part, I never seem to be able to spend money on that commission. Next month I'm ordering them, keep me accountable :biggrin.:

OMG, your chaplain break my eyes...

Amazing work !

Breaking your eyes? Don't get too close to that pimpstick mate, it's spiky! :wink:

Did some work on the dreads, but took a break to paint some HQ's. The apothecary has been gathering dust at my desk for months now. No longer! Really enjoyed painting this one!

gallery_92826_13391_139803.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_118970.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_116339.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_69192.jpg

Ouch...sOoo beautifull.

I love your paints bro'.

Thanks mate!

Great looking aggressors!

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Ordered me some transfers, which made me place all my DA on hold a bit. But after a month of waiting without any news, I decided to proceed with my next dreadnought anyway. He'll have to wait for his marks for a while longer, but enjoy this teaser for now.

gallery_92826_13391_153156.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_87877.jpg

I love your paints bro'.
What else ?

Thanks for the kind word mate, it's nice to have a fan in here :wink:

Great work Brother! :tu:

I'm loving the graduation on the checkers; really well done there, they provide a fantastic point of interest because black can look a tad bland by itself. Yet your black highlights are also very nice :D