Dark Rage

Holy fudge DR, that's some nice work! I'm amazed you actually chopped the dude up, it being a Limited model after all :biggrin.:

I would say Mr DR has used the shoulderpads from the Raven Guard Furies and a shapeways Consecrators symbol?

I suspect he sculpted the emblem himself, he's pretty good at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy fudge DR, that's some nice work! I'm amazed you actually chopped the dude up, it being a Limited model after all :biggrin.:

I would say Mr DR has used the shoulderpads from the Raven Guard Furies and a shapeways Consecrators symbol?

I suspect he sculpted the emblem himself, he's pretty good at it.

Yeah the shoulders were from the raven guard squad from FW and GRC is correct I sculpted the emblem. I wasn't too sure about cutting it up at first but the way GW has been lately with all the limited stuff I figured there will be something new.

Decided to get the last two guys from this squad finished, heh it only took just over a year..... Infantry....

47857809291_b5d9beda4c_c.jpg

Now to prepare something for the ETL.

Edited by Dark Rage

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May I ask if this is an accurate depiction of how you truescale, going by the description and pics?

1) Cut off the feet. Add a 2-3mm spacer between ankle and boot.

2)2mm at the pelvis joints to thighs, without cutting the armour

3)3-4 mm waist spacer, greenstuffing?

Take it as a compliment, but I honestly can't spot the signs on the beakie at all.

Edited by Lucerne

May I ask if this is an accurate depiction of how you truescale, going by the description and pics?

Take it as a compliment, but I honestly can't spot the signs on the beakie at all.

I have actually been revisiting and adjusting how I do it somewhat and I came to the conclusion that making the feet bigger wasn't the right thing to do, this one was pretty much done similar but I made the legs taller by cutting them at the lower legs and raising them by 2mm. but other then that it is somewhat the same. I can put up some pics in a bit for comparison and also to show the raised parts.

[EDIT] pictures added, I didnt want to make the marine look bigger then primaris so the scale is slightly shorter but I am happy with the result. I have also upscaled the cataphractii praetor with a similar method but simply made adjustments to the lower legs and upper waist, since I never understood how terminator armour made space marines bigger, always figured it was just supposed to be bulkier.

Damn the old boltguns look tiny next to that rifle......

49614929972_289b5788e3_c.jpg

49614670326_df0b0bb433_c.jpg

Edited by Dark Rage

I have actually been revisiting and adjusting how I do it somewhat and I came to the conclusion that making the feet bigger wasn't the right thing to do, this one was pretty much done similar but I made the legs taller by cutting them at the lower legs and raising them by 2mm. but other then that it is somewhat the same. I can put up some pics in a bit for comparison and also to show the raised parts.

[EDIT] pictures added, I didnt want to make the marine look bigger then primaris so the scale is slightly shorter but I am happy with the result. I have also upscaled the cataphractii praetor with a similar method but simply made adjustments to the lower legs and upper waist, since I never understood how terminator armour made space marines bigger, always figured it was just supposed to be bulkier.

Thanks! How'd you get such a smooth finish on the legs?

Great stuff, as usual! Love the retro gear, did you cast the ISM-helmet?

Are you sure this is an ISM helmet and not one of the forgeworld MkVI helmets?

Sure? No. It probably isn't the ISM, not a single visor. 

With all the single models you're showing, do you have any groupshots DR?

Sorry, knew there was something else I needed to reply to, the helmet is just one of the FW mk6 helmets, I think it was one from the raven guard furys set I got but it is pretty much the same as a standard mk 6 and nothing special. It was also a test model and the first of its unit, I am hoping to have at least 5 done by the end of the month but I am a very slow one.

Thanks! How'd you get such a smooth finish on the legs?

Nothing really special there just milliput which was scraped and sanded done. I could do a tutorial on the next pair I work on but once I finish a pair I make molds so I can cast duplicates to make it easier to do squads.