Dark Rage

Great stuff, as usual! Love the retro gear, did you cast the ISM-helmet?

Are you sure this is an ISM helmet and not one of the forgeworld MkVI helmets?

Sure? No. It probably isn't the ISM, not a single visor. 

With all the single models you're showing, do you have any groupshots DR?

Sorry, knew there was something else I needed to reply to, the helmet is just one of the FW mk6 helmets, I think it was one from the raven guard furys set I got but it is pretty much the same as a standard mk 6 and nothing special. It was also a test model and the first of its unit, I am hoping to have at least 5 done by the end of the month but I am a very slow one.

May I ask if this is an accurate depiction of how you truescale, going by the description and pics?

1) Cut off the feet. Add a 2-3mm spacer between ankle and boot.

2)2mm at the pelvis joints to thighs, without cutting the armour

3)3-4 mm waist spacer, greenstuffing?

Take it as a compliment, but I honestly can't spot the signs on the beakie at all.

I have actually been revisiting and adjusting how I do it somewhat and I came to the conclusion that making the feet bigger wasn't the right thing to do, this one was pretty much done similar but I made the legs taller by cutting them at the lower legs and raising them by 2mm. but other then that it is somewhat the same. I can put up some pics in a bit for comparison and also to show the raised parts.

[EDIT] pictures added, I didnt want to make the marine look bigger then primaris so the scale is slightly shorter but I am happy with the result. I have also upscaled the cataphractii praetor with a similar method but simply made adjustments to the lower legs and upper waist, since I never understood how terminator armour made space marines bigger, always figured it was just supposed to be bulkier.

Damn the old boltguns look tiny next to that rifle......

Thanks! How'd you get such a smooth finish on the legs?

Nothing really special there just milliput which was scraped and sanded done. I could do a tutorial on the next pair I work on but once I finish a pair I make molds so I can cast duplicates to make it easier to do squads.

I'd love to hear your mold procedures too!

• 1 month later...

Great work on these guys! loving the consistency, dedication + detailing

also i have been debating red shoulder studs on my old beakies (maybe just for lieutenants?) might have to go there - looks great on these guys

ive always loved the bionics too (dont tell the iron hands!)

For me I am not sure what it is about bionics, I just assumed that there would be many marines with serious injuries to limbs although I have been recently watching/listening to a lot of 40k theories and lore videos on youtube and apparently marines can actually grow back limbs which was surprising but I always prefer the idea of them literally being fitted with a bionic during the combat.

Some projects I posted on my Instagram.

49753646378_746d5da402_c.jpg

49753646218_19d5059963_c.jpg

49753646053_ed61978a0c_c.jpg

49754512832_d8b3df2889_c.jpg

That Mk1 is a priority.... I have been working on that thing for way too long.......... had to change the scale of the thing to suit the rest of my force. I also saw a really cool concept for the MK1 on the 40k video 'Death of Hope'

• 1 month later...

Little update, I started on...... a leg, just one leg, cause I really am an odd painter. I also ended up using a plain base as I was finding it difficult to pose this one standing on a raised object, something about the knees.

49922693373_323e476deb_c.jpg

Also found my old Seraphicus conversion lying around and decided to give him an upscale, also decided to have him using a reverse grip sword stance, always been something I wanted to do.

49923213286_146fab8246_c.jpg

Edited by Dark Rage

A little update....

I am also doing some work on the terminator praetor, these two are going to act as test minis for how my Consecrators Deathwing will look, I wasn't sure on the whole bone and black look, especially with the pure white chapter icon but after seeing the new FW stuff using black and bone, which looked really cool, I decided to I would give it a try.

49952241082_6f15271c41_c.jpg

49951953486_d62685d493_c.jpg

49951953456_b235d26f91_c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Contemptor is finished.

50044360961_2156fe4350_c.jpg

50044360916_f5cdf3198e_c.jpg

50044619107_fa884682bd_c.jpg

50044361031_07f3ae1a60_c.jpg

Has any further progress been made on Nakir?

At the moment I have been trying to find the best colours for the robes and tabards as I am not sure bone robes/tabards work too well in my force or it's just me, so for the time being I have kinda paused any further progress on him.