There are some interesting third party Escher esque sculpts from raging heroes.

Yea they do have some good sculpts, but at the moment the only place I can get a game is in the local GW so I am limited to what I can use there. Might pick up a few though just to paint, would make a nice change from Space Marines. 

Great models!

Is the problem with the tongue just a matter of getting it small enough, or is there more to it, like getting it to stay put? (I often find that very small applications of green stuff don't like to stay attached.)

I have a few of the Confrontation Brats sitting in my bits boxes. I love the sculpts, and this was a nice reminder that they're there and I should do something with them.

And... um... I use staples.

(Explanation, not a photo.)

Stapling is what it sounds like: the performer staples things to themself. It's usually done as a busking act, with the idea being that larger bills get stapled to more sensitive places, ie a single on the shoulder, a 20 on the face. There's a magician way to do it and a sideshow way to do it.

The magician way I know about (there are probably other methods) uses a piece of double sided tape on the money. The staple gun is empty. Depending on how they set it up, there may or may not be a "staple" pre-attached to the other side.

Sideshow acts are based on anatomy and physics - they are what they look like, but there's a reason why the performer is able to do it without injuring themselves. The human blockhead, for example, is using the sinus cavity, while beds of nails and cinderblocks are just about distribution of force. But stapling... is just stapling. It's just pain tolerance. Meaty bits are better, having an idea of where the nerves are is helpful, and you have to get the angle right or the staple won't sink, but that's all there is to it.

I'm not a busker, but I do sideshow. I had to develop a stapling bit for a show I was in last year (Cirque of the Dead), and the problem I had working on it was when I pulled the staple out afterwards I bled everywhere. I tried various staples and staple guns and spots on my arm, and what I ended up doing was grinding down the staples ahead of time with a dremel, so that the pointy bits were only a few millimeters long. I guess it's kinda cheating, but the act really needed it.

...that was a very long explanation for "ha ha, I actually use staples." (Don't try this at home, kids.)

Great models!

And... um... I use staples.

(Explanation, not a photo.)

Stapling is what it sounds like: the performer staples things to themself. It's usually done as a busking act, with the idea being that larger bills get stapled to more sensitive places, ie a single on the shoulder, a 20 on the face. There's a magician way to do it and a sideshow way to do it.

The magician way I know about (there are probably other methods) uses a piece of double sided tape on the money. The staple gun is empty. Depending on how they set it up, there may or may not be a "staple" pre-attached to the other side.

Sideshow acts are based on anatomy and physics - they are what they look like, but there's a reason why the performer is able to do it without injuring themselves. The human blockhead, for example, is using the sinus cavity, while beds of nails and cinderblocks are just about distribution of force. But stapling... is just stapling. It's just pain tolerance. Meaty bits are better, having an idea of where the nerves are is helpful, and you have to get the angle right or the staple won't sink, but that's all there is to it.

I'm not a busker, but I do sideshow. I had to develop a stapling bit for a show I was in last year (Cirque of the Dead), and the problem I had working on it was when I pulled the staple out afterwards I bled everywhere. I tried various staples and staple guns and spots on my arm, and what I ended up doing was grinding down the staples ahead of time with a dremel, so that the pointy bits were only a few millimeters long. I guess it's kinda cheating, but the act really needed it.

...that was a very long explanation for "ha ha, I actually use staples." (Don't try this at home, kids.)

Get them Brats painted up sharpish!!!

As for the tongue, both, its just so bloody fiddly and I have lost a few tongues to the carpet never to be seen again. Ill get there eventually. 

Gonna be having a game later with a mate who has never played the original so Ill be teaching him the joys of underhive warfare. 

Unfortunately the only terrain we have access to is the Deadzone stuff from the box game on a 2x2, guess they are fighting in a very cramped part of the hive then. He will be using Redemptionists (a mix of assorted minis with masks from various projects of mine) and I will be using the Escher so I can show those braindead dribbling religious fanatics the power of lipstick and lasbolts. 

Shame nothing painted or Id do a mini batrep or something. Ahh well maybe another time.

Shame nothing painted or Id do a mini batrep or something. Ahh well maybe another time.

If you still see this in time, I personally would be interested in a batrep, even without painted minis on the pics, so I can get more of a fewl for Necromunda how it plays - and how you would show it to a newbie - as I'm trying to read up on it.

If you still see this in time, I personally would be interested in a batrep, even without painted minis on the pics, so I can get more of a fewl for Necromunda how it plays - and how you would show it to a newbie - as I'm trying to read up on it.

Aye I will do, Ill get pictures and type up a batrep when I get home. :tu:

Escher - Babes in Sumplandmed_gallery_75911_13630_191373.jpg

Leader - Lynda P'rry
Boltgun, Autopistol, Chainsword
Heavy 1 - Holly Kaust
Heavy Stubber, Lasgun
Heavy 2 - Newt
Flamer, Stubgun, Frag grenades.
Ganger 1 - Ale'sia
Shotgun, Manstopper Shells
Ganger 2 - Jenny Cyde
Laspistol, Club
Ganger 3 - Chibbi
Laspistol, Sword
Juve - Tiny Tina
Laspistol
Bounty Hunter - Bob
Bolt Pistol & Red Dot Sight, Boltgun, Chainsword, Shotgun (Solid,Scatter and Manstopper)
Weapon Reload (Bolt Pistol). Killer Rep
Ratskin - Ken
Lasgun, Blindsnake Pouch. Sprint.
Redemptionists - Un named
med_gallery_75911_13630_331780.jpg
Priest - Ted Crilly
Auto Pistol, Hand Flamer, Club
Deacon 1 - Jack Hackett
Auto Pistol, Flail
Deacon 2 - Dick Byrne
Auto Pistol, Two handed weapon
Crusader 1 - Fintan Stack
Auto Pistol, Two handed weapon
Crusader 2 - Larry Duff
Auto Pistol, Flail
Crusader 3 - Todd Unctious
Shotgun, Manstopper Shells, Stubgun
Zealot - Len Brennan
x2 Knives
Devote 1 - Austin Purcell
Flail, Stubgun
Devote 2 - Dougal McGuire
Stungun
Devote 3 - Mrs Doyle
Stubgun
Deployment and Turn 1
med_gallery_75911_13630_456621.jpg
Turn 1 Redemptionists.
On the right flank inspired by the firey rhetoric of Ted, Dick Byrne, Len Brennan and Mrs Doyle charged forwards to get in close to their enemy. Behind them Ted himself and Jack Hackett advanced cautiously into cover ready to lend a hand if things go south. On the opposite flank Larry Duff and Austin Purcell run around the side of an abandoned storage hut, just falling short of the baracade as they tried to cross the street. In the centre Fin and Dougal sprint off to the left across a rusty walkway to get to higher ground, Todd must have been taken by a holy vision, as he just stands there staring off into space (ok we forgot about him, shhhh).
Turn 1 Escher.
Ale'sia and Tiny Tina move up the ramp to get to higher ground and Ken takes up position behind some crates to take cover from the inevitable hail of bullets that would no doubtedly be coming in his general direction soon.
Screaming something about pink fluffy Ptera Squirrels Tina takes a shot Larry as he runs for cover, the Las shot taking him in the neck just before he drops to the floor. Behind her Ale'sia spots Dick Byrne charging towards her, she loads a Manstopper shell into her Shotgun as she slyly licks her lips and takes aim. The shell flys past his ear and ricochets off the wall into the shadows behind him. Swearing as she realises that was her last shell Ale'sia thinks it might be a good idea to get her arse out of there.
Behind the crates Ken lines up a shot on Jack Haggart, the shot just grazes his arm but unfortunatly the battery just died and the shot just singed a hole in Jacks robes.
Suddenly there was the sound of vents falling to the floor and manhole covers scraping across the floor as more Escher come to aid their friends, Holly Kaust takes up position on top of an old water tower thats almost rusted away and hefts her Heavy Stubber in the direction of the red robed psychopaths as Bob lands softly behind her. On the other flank Lynda P'rry lowers herself down ready to take on Fin and Dougal.
On the ground floor Newt and Jenny Cyde leave the tunnels by the base of the water tower and Chibbi appears at the base of the tower ready to support Lynda.
Turn 2
med_gallery_75911_13630_538008.jpg
Turn 2 Redemptionists.
Screaming, Larry manages to crawl behind some cover as Austin prepares to get stuck in to the unbelievers. Outraged after seeing Larry gunned down Todd runs across the walkway and leaps across onto the roof of the next building, swinging his gun up scanning for targets.
Ted moves up to thebase of the water tower as JAck charges around it straight into Jenny Cyde, the rest of the gang shuffles about taking up better firing positions or slipping into cover. Dick squeezes off a shot at Ken, taking him through the eyepiece of his mask, he falls to the floor and lays there in a rapidly spreading pool of blood.
Finton aims wildley at Lynda and she ducks down behing some crates, a bullet just misses her head, knocking her hat off.
Mrs Doyle pulls out her Stubgun and blasts away at Tiny Tina, who takes a hit in the guts, screaming she falls off the walkway and lands face first on the floor as Mrs Doyle empties the clip into the bleeding Juve.
Eyeing each other cautiously Jack and Jenny circle each other waiting for the moment to strike. 'You will feel the fires of damnation tonight harlot as I cleanse you in the name of the Emperor' Screams Jack foaming at the mouth as he swings his flail at the Gangers head. Casually Jenny takes a step backwards and the flail misses her, 'Oh Pleaaasssseeeeee' she sneers at him, 'Im going to stick my arm so far up your fething arse Ill be using you as a glove puppet sweetie'. Laughing she dives towards him as her club connects with his skull and he drops to the floor as she goes in with another swing, leaving him twitching in a puddle of his own piss.
Turn 2 Escher
On top of the water tower Holly Kaust squeezes the trigger on her Heavy Stubber emptying her ammo supply as a hail of shells slam into Doogal and Finton, Finton drops to the deck behind some crates and holds his hands to his stomach so his insides dont become outsides and Doogal takes a round to the leg, falls and slips off the side of the walkway falling two stories and lays there limbs all twisted and mangled.
med_gallery_75911_13630_425069.jpg
Next to her Bob takes aim with his bolt pistol but his target ducked behind cover at the last second. Below them Newt charges forward and pulls the trigger on her flamer as she engulfs Len and Dick in a fiery inferno, laughing manically as the two Redemptionists run around still burning.
med_gallery_75911_13630_333703.jpg
'Come here, Ill bite your fething kneecaps off' Screamed Jenny as she charged into Ted, unfortunatly the Priest managed to get the upper hand and layed her clean out with a well aimed club to the temple.
On the other flank Chibbi takes aim at Austin, just winging him but causing no proper injury.
Suddenly the sirens of the Enforcers transports could be heard in the distance, and the Redemptionists fled the area , Victory for the Babes in Sumpland!!!
Post battle.
Unfortunatly we only did the post battle stuff for the Escher, we did do the injurys and exp for the Redemptionists but had to call it a day. We will sort the rest out another time.
For the Redemptionists Len the Zealot died and everybody else got full recovery. For the Escher Ken the Ratskin (honist) died and Jenny Cyde is partially deaf (no affect atm but if she gets it again she has -1 Ld).
I netted 30 creds from my Gambling Den, and the last ganger I had available decided to go rare trade hunting with Lynda, I got two items of rare trade, a Ratskin Map and Photon Flash Flares. I purchased the Flares and a Plasma Pistol for Newt and gave her old Laspistol to Ale'sia.
Just noticed I didnt label the minis on the maps, Ill edit that in later, dont have time atm to do it now.
Edited by Slave to Darkness

Yea man it was a blast. Quickest game I have ever had as well. Kinda annoyed that I failed every damn ammo roll I had to take. One is not impressed. 

Shootouts are fun to play, but I think my fave has to be a good old raid. 

Soon we will be doing a mini campaign 'Night of the Living Zed' in memory of George Romero. Cant wait to get started on that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking about the community settlement idea of Doghouse's last night and decided to build something. Couldnt get any fancy bits to work on as I am totally broke atm so I have decided to go oldschool and make it out of crap I had lying around the house.

med_gallery_75911_13719_1017847.jpg
Starting off with half of a Mantic building, coffee stirrers, cardboard and some plastic girders.
I have a little pot of bits put aside to detail the base but I'm not too sure what I will use atm.
Also I am looking at images on google of buildings and bridges being built with girders so I might buy more and try a full scenery piece built with them, possibly, maybe, one day. :lol:

Join me in plundering the model railway hobby for bits to convert. Of you can find a local model railway shop they sometimes have a bits box where they have reclaimed random odds and ends from scrapped layouts.

Have a look at my WIP thread for the possibilities. ;)

Edited by SW1

Join me in plundering the model railway hobby for bits to convert. Of you can find a local model railway shop they sometimes have a bits box where they have reclaimed random odds and ends from scrapped layouts.

Have a look at my WIP thread for the possibilities. :wink:

Aye you have had some good ideas, I had a look in the local model shop today to see what they have, I have never seen such little choice in my life. Might take a day trip out to Norwich to see what I can find next week if funds allow.

Still tinkering.

med_gallery_75911_13719_1124529.jpg

med_gallery_75911_13719_372513.jpg

Got the rest of the roof on.

med_gallery_75911_13719_487286.jpg

med_gallery_75911_13719_343368.jpg

Not sure if I will cut the base down for a smaller footprint or I might add some stuff to the front of the building, got some Brettonian Archer stakes and a barricade from Mantics Deadzone (the one the silly looking Mutant sits on) I could use to add a bit more detail.

Might price up some pipe tomorrow in B&Q, not paying GW prices for something like that. Also on my to do list is buying all the plastic girders I can get my hands on so I can build some buildings on stilts, so I can go for the Fallout 'Megaton' look (Megaton is EXACTLY how I imagined Necromunda to look as a kid).

For those who have never had the joy of viewing Megaton for themselves (if not, why not??? Grrrrr) heres a couple of pictures.

Hidden Content

med_gallery_75911_13731_922008.png

med_gallery_75911_13731_331081.jpg

Just had a thought, I could probably knock up a passable Water filtration plant using the old cardboard, an (empty) tin of beans and the 'X' panels from Deadzone...

med_gallery_75911_13731_432834.jpg

Started the water filtration plant, gonna use a smaller can for the top, just used this one to get a rough idea of how tall it will be. Somewhere I have the small turbines from a marine drop pod that I have been saving for about nine years now, finally I get to use them for something. med_gallery_75911_13719_385109.jpg

Oh wow somebody has been busy! :biggrin.: Both gangs look absolutely stunning! Really cool to see them all together and on terrain. Speaking of terrain, your doing a fantastic job! Looks really good. Thank you for the battle report too! I really like your narrative style! More of these pretty please! X

Oh wow somebody has been busy! :biggrin.: Both gangs look absolutely stunning! Really cool to see them all together and on terrain. Speaking of terrain, your doing a fantastic job! Looks really good. Thank you for the battle report too! I really like your narrative style! More of these pretty please! X

Right now I have had more sleep I can reply properly :laugh.: (why the hell were you up at 8 am?? no one needs to be up that early on a Sunday!!!!)

Regarding Batreps. Last night I dug out some ideas I scribbled down a while ago for one off games to throw into a campaign for fun. 

Basically what I had in mind was a Necromundian TV show along the lines of the Running Man called 'Smash TV' (free internet cookie for anyone who knows where I got the name) that has various games for gangs to enter. I might do a few of these as Batreps instead of 'Gangfight #346', so far I have come up with the following ideas. 

SMASH TV

Win BIG Cash Prizes! Win RARE Equipment!

Caution, some loss of life may occur, Smash TV will not be held responsible for any/all injury or death. Sponsored by Nucadome Food's. 'Eat recycled food, Its cheap and nutritious!! May contain traces of human teeth and hair'...

• Thunder Dome (couldn't think of a better name) - Two men enter, one man leaves.
  • Slaughter Ball - Underhive footy FTW!!!
  • Deathrace - Some good old Ve-Hic-Ular mayhem. 
  • Carmageddon (again I couldn't think of anything better) - Basically Deathrace with pedestrians and random Zombies for you to squish for bonus points. 
  • Zombie Tee Vee - Hoard survival. 
  • The Chase - Make it from one end of the board to the other whilst being chased by angry Doggos, Ill even try sculpting one of those EVIL Pom's for the lols. 

I still need to purchase suitable vehicles to use, the local model shop has a horrendous selection of kits and I don't want everyone driving around in Genestealer/Ork trucks, though I do have a 1:35 scale Sd.kfz 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen

Hidden Content
222bt.jpg
half built I could cannibalize, I might even cover parts of it in fabric for full on Escher animal print. 

As for the gangs, I need to get more bits to convert more Escher, my supplies of womanly bits are running low. Currently trying to make a heavy for my Venators out of the chubby 'Friar Tuck' wannabe from the Brettonian Men @ Arms kit, been a bit of a nightmare as the Stealer Hybrid torsos are wider than the Brets. I have had to do a dodgy Milliput filler job to get them to fit and eventually I'll get round to sanding that down and greenstuffing sleeves to cover the obvious Xenos arms. 

Future projects...

I'm waiting on some Skitarii heads off my mate so I can turn my Scions Stormtroopers (bloody stupid GW names) into Enforcers, and I'm eyeing up the Deadzone doggos wondering if I can be bothered converting them into Cyber Mutts.

For my Scavvies I am thinking of converting this chap...

tumblr_myg3atCIir1roa1xxo1_400.gif

Yay Toxie :wub:

and a lot more scenery. 

X

Were virtually married now lol. :laugh.:

This is super cool, good to see it moving along. Keep up the Munda goodness friend :thumbsup:

Cheers bro, will do. :smile.:

and finally, a random gif that made me laugh. 
http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/67887/1414960290/carryonmoviemashup.gif

Quick question about the Water filtration plant. Do I leave it at the size it is or do I add another level? How big is too big? (stop laughing at the back!!!)

Here's the damned thing as it stands now, at 13 inches high.

Hidden Content

med_gallery_75911_13719_385109.jpg

Here it is with another level at 16 inches (I wont be using that Deadzone building for the second level though).

med_gallery_75911_13719_558446.jpg

Why I was up baking yummy muffins for my friend Urshula's birthday! :D We went clubbing over the weekend and we are also playing Space Crusade and Shadow War tomorrow!

I know I'm setting myself up here, but I think 13" is plenty big enough! Looks great either way though.

Smash Tv was an awesome game for the Snes. I used to play it with my older brother. I'm digging The Running man feel to your Tv show! Sounds like a lot of fun! A Pom would be so awesome! Much more dangerous than a cyber mutant mutt!

Haha virtually! ;)

You don't want the scenery so high that it pokes you in the eye if you bend over it. ;)

Joking aside ... Looking at the 2 pics I reckon mixing the two would be better.

So the first pic the tower is a bit too tall and spindly. So maybe have something solid looking on the first floor like the second pic but drop one of the floors from the tower bit. So you end up keeping the height of the first but it bulks up a bit and creates more of a triangle than a box with a pokey bit out the top.

Lol ... Did that make any sense? You wouldn't believe how many times I tried to type out that discription and I still don't think I've managed to articulate what I mean very well. :(

Edit .... I also think the container on top could do with being a bit more squat. Wider in diameter and not so high. More of a pineapple tin than a baked bean tin?

Edited by SW1

Why I was up baking yummy muffins for my friend Urshula's birthday! :biggrin.: We went clubbing over the weekend and we are also playing Space Crusade and Shadow War tomorrow!

Oooh what flavour? and may your dice roll high when you game. 

I know I'm setting myself up here, but I think 13" is plenty big enough! Looks great either way though.

Smash Tv was an awesome game for the Snes. I used to play it with my older brother. I'm digging The Running man feel to your Tv show! Sounds like a lot of fun! A Pom would be so awesome! Much more dangerous than a cyber mutant mutt!

Yeah I'm thinking 13'', gotta be able to store it when not in use. 

Bingo!! Such an amazing game, the hours I've lost to that game whilst eating my little cousins Munch Bunch. :laugh.:

I'll try sculpting a Pom then, it can run around with the Escher as a fuzzy little mascot. :smile.:

Haha virtually! :wink:

I'd make a lovely Dwarven bride with this beard!! :wub:

You don't want the scenery so high that it pokes you in the eye if you bend over it. :wink:

Joking aside ... Looking at the 2 pics I reckon mixing the two would be better.

So the first pic the tower is a bit too tall and spindly. So maybe have something solid looking on the first floor like the second pic but drop one of the floors from the tower bit. So you end up keeping the height of the first but it bulks up a bit and creates more of a triangle than a box with a pokey bit out the top.

Lol ... Did that make any sense? You wouldn't believe how many times I tried to type out that discription and I still don't think I've managed to articulate what I mean very well. :sad.:

Edit .... I also think the container on top could do with being a bit more squat. Wider in diameter and not so high. More of a pineapple tin than a baked bean tin?

Yea man that makes sense, I think I'll lower the tower, the 'X' sections taken off could come in handy for something else. 

I'll see what tins they have next time I'm in Tesco, not had Pineapple in a while, they do some nice Tuna in little jars as well. 

Now I cant stop thinking about Bacon, I have Bacon, or is it Nucadome's TM recycled food? Who knows. 

Nucadome!! The proud sponsors of Smash TV!! Don't forget the Saint Gerstahl's day special Gladiator SLAUGHTERFEST EXTRAVAGANZA !!! Featuring Ash 'The King' Williams Vs the Zombie horde and Dick Dastardly, Machinegun Jim and G'reemy Clerkson in the DEATHRACE FINAL!!!!

Tinkered with the Water filtration plant, as you can see here (minus the can on top).

med_gallery_75911_13719_285396.jpg

Redemptionist's and Slaaneshi pleasure cult having a go.

med_gallery_75911_13719_1101672.jpg

Escher and Scavvies squaring each other up after the Slaughterball cup final. East Spam Escher about to put the hurt on the stinky Wallmill Scavs as they sing 'I'm forever blowing Wildsnake Bubbles' out of tune. As usual Ale'sia is gesturing rudely whilst :cussfaced.

Also been tinkering about making new Brats for my 'Splatter Punks'.

med_gallery_75911_13630_168243.jpg

Two Gangers unawares that they are being tailed by the Fuzz.

med_gallery_75911_13630_1042316.jpg

Leader. He's the Dandy Highwayman who you're too scared to mention, He spends his cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention...