• 3 weeks later...

I have finally found the perfect mini for Grimm the Squat from the old Inquisitor/Jaq Draco novels...

99550599037_NECRagnirGunnsteinSquatAmmoj

All I need now is a suitable mini for Jaq and then I can knock out a cheeky little Venator gang based on the books, something I have always wanted to do since I was a Juve. 

• 1 year later...

Just took an old xbox 360 apart and stripped the fans out, they run on a 9v battery, Im having some working terrain ideas now :D I wonder if I have anything laying around with tiny lights in that I can use. 

Nothing much to show atm, Im just messing around with bits of crap and seeing what works. Turns out one of the fans doesnt work but the second one does, not gonna bother trying to fix the broken one, not worth it imho when its gonna be Necromunda scenery. 

I may get a group shot of all my Munda scenery I have now so I can figure out what to make next, deffo need walkways and scrap piles, its not Munda without walkways and scrap piles. :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

So I have an old land speeder and the tracks off a small ww2 tank and Im thinking my Ash Wastes gang needs a ride, think Ill knock up a cheeky little halftrack for them. I have a second speeder somewhere that I may stick some wheels on and make a little dune buggy, the boys need to be ready for when the Ash Wastes drops. 

I may try a scrap truck out of sprue and other assorted bits of trash for my Cawdor, then the Wrath of the Sepulchre can spread their particular brand of faith to the unbelievers. 

Started tinkering about with the halftrack, done a little bit more with the sniper and the biker since I took this. 

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_13630/med_gallery_75911_13630_611086.jpg

More of a reminder to myself what Im working on rather than an update, my Hellraiser themed gang,

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_13630/med_gallery_75911_13630_630646.jpg

some scrap buildings that need finishing, 

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_13630/med_gallery_75911_13630_299400.jpg

and some stuff for the Ash Wastes, the paper tent and techy tower will be swapped for something more scrappy, just playing with ideas atm... 

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_13630/med_gallery_75911_13630_198634.jpg

Edited by Slave to Darkness

med_gallery_75911_13630_473344.jpg

Ripped the back of the halftrack apart, could only fit three people on, not very useful. Made it wider and longer, now I can fit five on the wide section and two just behind the cab. Couldnt be bothered with finishing the driver, so I ripped him out and just put gauze in the window, looks good for no effort. :tu: Also mounted additional weaponry on the top of the cab.

Sniper has a new body as well as legs, found a broken set of legs so a replacement bionic from a random necron will be the start of another chappy, biker has a body and one arm, ex-guard sniper has returned to the wastes and started another dude with a big axe.

GW needs to get its arse in gear because my imagination is running wild at the moment....a bit like yours is, my friend :wink.:

Well the WW2 German vehicle above was gonna be a Taurox in my Guard, but I cant see five guys including driver and gunners fitting inside there. So thats going to the cause as well I think. I have had an idea though, something along the lines of the fat merchant in the last Resident Evil game and that pipe smoking hippie wizard chap from the Hobbit who has a sled pulled by gerbils or whatever they were, some ash wastes traveling scrap merchant riding a cart pulled by spiders, then I can use up all the random bits of vehicle I have and I finally have a use for the old Warhammer Quest and Wargames Atlantic Spiders, the spiders in the hive are legendary and I can imagine some species surviving in the desert, this dude has some 'Necromundian Pigmy Albino Ash Skaters' or some such nonsense. Could be a water or food trader, the spiders could be good at finding not overly deadly cacti or edible fungus.

Not sure how Im going to do Barbar Yogga and her sentinel legged shack yet. Im sure Ill think of something. No idea where my second land speeder went to though, totally vanished, guess Ill have to wait to build my dune buggy then. So many ideas, so little time, bitz or information to keep me hyped.

Just had another idea, gonna leave it here before I forget as Im gonna hibernate for a bit, drop the APC and the guard sniper, use up a few more guard bits and I could have some PDF who have gone all 'Kellys Heroes', noped out of fighting at the hive thats infested by Genestealers and decided to try their luck elsewhere for fame and fortune... 

Looked for toys in poundland yesterday, total crap as usual, then I turned around and saw a thing of absolute beauty I just had to have it. Then I stopped looking at my reflection and had a closer look at a toy poundland delivery lorry for 4 quid. Perfect size for Warrigging up. I shall be grabbing a few of those when I get the chance, one for the gang, one for scenery and one to throw at my neighbour next time people come round to buy drugs off him at 3am, my bedroom is right by the side gate and all night its been slamming over and over, went to bed at 10pm, didnt sleep till gone 7am. Grrr I need to chill, Im so angry. 

• 2 weeks later...

Needed a little inspiration to get the brain juices flowing, so I just bought Rage 2, Metro Exodus and the Metro 2033/2034 novels, gonna be doing lots of 'research' over the next few days. :P 

Also thinking about repainting my Cawdor, not really vibing with the black and red I have used and I am thinking for going with black edged with flames instead, so many little projects to do and hardly enough time. I may actually do a weekly hobby rota so I can prioritise my time and not get sidetracked by other things.  

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt get to play Rage much, the missus has claimed the Xbox and she is hammering Dragon Age Inquisition and the Mass Effect remaster. I maygive her offerings of tea and chicken nuggets to distract her so I can have a go later. 

What I have played of Rage is amazing, most fun I have had with clothes on in years, love the raiders hitting grenades at you with baseball bats, deffo pinching that Idea for my Ash Wasters. 

I am also eyeing up my Bolt Action halftrack thinking it may pass as a small 2 person track like the old Gorkamorka one, may look odd when I get a larger one as a truck though, same vehicle in two sizes. Could just say they used a basic stc template and just made various sized versions of the same thing for various uses. Larger trak for general transportation and smaller versions for rapid response heavy weapons platforms. 

and got this far...

med_gallery_75911_13630_1150299.jpg

found another semi built ganger with a heavy stubber for the cause, so groupshot with the boys. Ash Wasters as they are so far.

med_gallery_75911_13630_569744.jpg

and the start of some scenery.

med_gallery_75911_13630_396351.jpg