Deployment of the Spectral Sicarii (homebrew RG)

thewarriorhunter

I'm developing them as riding the line because they look out first for themselves, then Astartes, and after that not much else. They see the Imperium for the corrupt cabal of self centered man that it is. The people in charge of the Imperium care for nothing but power and control and what's worse, they're fallible men, not enhanced Astartes. Why should the whims of feeble man dictate the direction of the Sicarii? The Imperium as a whole is a bloated mess where nothing gets done and untold billions have died because of it's inability to reign itself in. Infighting and coups only serve to deepen the chasms of corruption.

They also despise Chaos. The Sicarii are good... well... as good as a genetically enhanced killing machine can be. They recognize that the Imperium is one end of the spectrum, and Chaos is the other end. They've seen the horrors of Chaos, the corruption that is bred from people who've fallen or looked for power to help themselves. They've fought daemons and rescued and been rescued from nightmares by other Astartes. They have no desire to fall to Chaos and actively seek to destroy any infections they encounter.

They find themselves questioning if the Imperium is not just another face of Chaos, but one pitching itself as a wolf in sheep's clothing. Does the Imperium not enslave planets to extract the resources it needs to prosecute it's war? If your world denies the Imperium entry does it not force itself upon you and take by force what it needs under the guise of 'uniting humanity'? How is the Imperium's crushing of worlds to fight chaos any different that Chaos' warping of worlds to fight the Imperium?

...what do they believe? Science or Faith and if Faith, faith in what?

Why do they have to choose? Can't a being decide to operate on their own terms? Science has supplied the weapons in their hands yes, and faith is a belief in that which cannot be seen. Yet they've seen chaos, they've killed it's manifestations with their own hands. Do they need to have faith to strive for their survival? If entire planets' cries and supplications to the Emperor go unanswered and Chaos devours another system... how can that be something that you would still put faith in?

The Emperor is a sham and the Imperium corrupt and self-centered Those who blindly follow it's decrease are weak minded fools who may as well have fallen to Chaos. How is a death via Penitent Engine any different than having your mind warped as you slowly devolve into the pitiful existence of a cultist? Do both paths not lead to the same end?

That is the mindset of the Sicarii. They first look to their own survival because they desire to prosecute their own war as that is what they were designed to do. The recognize they are an endangered species and will gladly join arms with other Astartes because they have a bond unlike any other in the Galaxy. They will play the part of the loyal dog to gain supplies when they need them. They may even obey orders given to them by the Imperium to continue their mission. But ultimately they will do what they need to ensure their survival, and the survival of other Astartes. The recognize that if the Imperium were to turn it's mighty guns upon them they would have little chance at survival, thus they keep their views hidden and secreted away to avoid discovery.

Look that guy had a choice to follow the rules and stay in his designated hab block and keep showing up for his 13-hour allotted manufactorum shifts as expected. He took half a sick day and now he is serving his just punishment in that divine instrument of the Emperor's Will.

If only all of us could be so lucky.

Got my decal sheet put together. I'm really looking forward to getting these printed. It was a fun learning process. I had some of the artwork designed for me after finding a freelance artist. Feel free to point out anything that could be better aligned or repositioned. I've spent so much time on this I'm probably blind to a lot of the minor errors.

RSBGCzx.jpg

Sat down for a couple hours yesterday and got most of the base coating done on my armiger commission. I need to spray the other halves of the shoulders blue and one piece of armor needs to be redone because I goofed and sprayed the wrong side red.

A0Q9r6nh.jpg

I've been locked out of my office as my company is requiring everyone that can to work from home. I decided to upgrade my office desk and get something with more room since I'll be sitting at it so much. I've to a lot more hobby space, storage space, and computer space so I'm very happy. I've probably doubled the amount of usable surface space with the new setup:

OAmuE3Eh.jpg

I also decided I couldn't not wash the frame on the Armigers. My client said he didn't need it but looking at the bright monotone metal was driving me crazy. I did a thin wash since I wasn't supposed to do it and I think it's a huge improvement.

ouP3HxHh.jpg

Coming along nicely your client should be pleased! :thumbsup:

He said as much! Then he asked if I wanted to paint up a bunch of Forge World knights... I probably will, but right now I'm stretched thin with his commission, kids not in school, and working from home so when these are done I may be taking a break from painting anything just to have some downtime.

Shoulder pads are done... wow that was stressful. I had to mix colors to get the blue to match. I'm not happy about that but I think I got a good color. After decals, washing, and weathering I think you won't even be able to tell from the table top.

qnwuU2Wh.jpg

Ij64ZpPh.jpg?2

Armiger weapons are blocked in and the steel i swashed. Gold trim is up next. For the Lightning locks I'm planning on dry-brushing gold onto the ridges and then washing that with Agrax. That should help those stand out and appear different than the steel on the other guns, it also seems like it will be somewhat close to the idea of the FW paint job.

P5fu4Gch.jpg

Your painting skills are AWESOME. The lighting effects on the Knight carapace are well done.

Thank Bjorn, however I'll have to ask you to withhold your accolades for now. That knight was painted by someone else. The armigers I'm working on are a commission to be painted up to match the knight scheme. I've been guessing the whole way since the owner of the knight doesn't have the paint recipes that were used on the knight.