Deployment of the Spectral Sicarii (homebrew RG)

thewarriorhunter

Are those custom decals? Where did you get those from? And you are right, can't see the edges, they look awesome.

Short answer: yes.

I had some of the designs commissioned (Icons and campaign badges), found a couple free symbols for more campaign badges, and some free fonts for the script. I worked with Bedlam Creations to have them printed.

I thought I posted this last night but I guess I didn't actually click the 'Post' button because I applied decals to my Primaris Ancient and oh boy, what a difference:

Before/After:

OAKc4tQh.jpg

Closeups:

Hidden Content

Dqt375Gh.jpg

Thanks. I think the script is my favorite part as well because I can find areas of the model to add some flavor.

I think I'll work into their Lore that the script is their own Chapter created dialect/language so they can communicate with less worry of being compromised if communications are intercepted. As they participate in more battles or campaigns they will gain honors and they inscribe their armor with them. Some will have just one symbol or line, others will have whole areas covered in accolades.

lol, Thanks war.

Also solidified that the script represents the accolades and achievements earned by the previous user of the armor. The Sicarii are fleet based and always looking to gather more resources, as such armor/weapons/anything that can be used is reused. To honor the fallen their deeds are inscribed on the armor that they were slain in (if it can be recovered). A soldier's achievement's are nothing until they have fallen in service to their brothers.

Could make some interesting modeling choices based on this. Part of me thinks I should stop decaling currently, and actually add decals in real time after a unit/model does something in a game where they died. "Well Infiltrator unit Alpha, you died horribly but you managed to hold the objective and secure our victory before that so your deeds will be born on your armor and carried into battle by Infiltrator unit Bravo."

Settled on an ochre-ish color for the smoke on my Infiltrator. I like it more than I thought. It's close but different enough from the base and provides a nice pop on the model. Varnish and Decals next for this one. I've got three models left in the unit that need their heads painted and then I'll be able to field 2x5 man units.

jf6LyKSh.jpg

Glamour shots. Have a game of Kill Team today after work. Given the monsoon season is here in AZ and the storms can be absolutely brutal I thought it fitting to use that for their name.

Kill Team Monsoon is ready for deployment:

rqOoK7Vh.jpg

GdI30S5h.jpg

Another set of shots of my last smokey infiltrator because:

Hidden Content

0B1AVzNh.jpg

I feel like my infiltrator sticks out like a good looking thumb. You can really see the difference from when I started this army to my latest unit. Seeing the contrast and darker colors on my Infiltrator makes me excited to get more of this army painted up. I also decided that it's time to strip my Inceptors and repaint them as Sicarii. I love the unit but can't justify buying a new box, and as black Inceptors they will never see play because I don't want two armies on the table if I can help it. They are currently bathing in Purple Power and should come out in a couple days.

Edited by thewarriorhunter

:wub:

Team Monsoon looks so sexy almost makes me want to play KT!

Have you never played? It's a really great game. Skirmish level games are my jam.

Great name, Amazing looking kill team. Awesome job......and yeah you guys are getting the monsoon....I'm getting squat up here in Phoenix/ Glendale area

We've had a pretty dry year this year. Only one real bad storm. Hopefully we get a couple more good rains before the season ends.

Your models are well-painted. The thin black symbols on the right pauldron are relatively hard to see, though. Is this intentional, i.e., a counterintelligence measure, so enemies have difficulty IDing which unit a Marine is from?

Something like that. The Sicarii don't care about codex compliance. They have no company or squad markings, only battlefield role markings. The reasoning for this is that they operate with guerilla tactics and are constantly deploying in small forces with members selected for the specific mission. If they need to form up into larger squads those structures do exist within the ranks but are not displayed on their armor.

Commanders, Lieutenants, and Sergeants are indicated by helm color but that is the only distinction in armor among the Sicarii.

Decided I needed to clear up some projects that have been sitting around for a bit, which means my Smash Captain and weapon options for my Kill Team Terminator. Redid the blues on sir smashalot today to match my new recipe. The armor will still be the old recipe though as I don't want to redo all of that.

Grey is done, blue needs the final highlight, and the jumpack needs some work, I'm not loving the color blocking right now. He's actually really close to being done, it's just the details that need work.

8sZklXmh.jpg