With an eye to the past I look try to divine the future.

Raven1

funny enough "tzeentch daemon" can still count for our daemon engines; useful. 

Forgefiends wounding on 2s anyone?  Maulerfiend same, defilers with much Dakka wounding on +2 against most targets.  (assuming its any wound roll, shooting or melee)

Edit: well this sours the mood....Changeling is now an aura of 6++ FNP to all tzeentch daemons...and while that is certainly not bad, the -1 aura was great and evidently to good.....Damn you GW. Damn you. 

Hint for February White Dwarf "A whole lot of Gold!"

......Thousand Sons possible? We certainly do have a heck of alot of gold on us.

Or AoS Stormcasts and Adeptus Custodes...

The psychic powers certainly look good. I would say that bodes well for TS but we were given Tz firestorm so who knows really.

WC8. nearest enemy model wihtin 12, that model's unit and every other unit (friend or foe) within 3'' of that model , suffers d3 MW. Suffer D6 MW, if power manifested with more than psychic roll of 12+. 

That WC8 Tzeentch power might well be Tzeentch Firestorm reworked don't you think ?

I wouldn’t want that power. You would only be able to cast it once or twice a game without doing some serious damage to our units. Our infantry cost more than most so MW hurt us more than most.

I wouldn’t want that power. You would only be able to cast it once or twice a game without doing some serious damage to our units. Our infantry cost more than most so MW hurt us more than most.

Ill admit its a bit "danger close" but if we get something like that ill gladly use it.....Disc sorcerer can fly out, get in range and closest and hit something with it and that daisy-chain(of change!) can feasibly hurt quite a bit.  

Dreadclaws or any feasible "deepstriker" we have would also make great use of that spell first or second turn.  any unit with a small aura or requiring short distances (or things bundled together) are getting struck for D3 MW each. A couple of Rubricae ill gladly sacrifice to the Raven God if it means we can implode 3-4 units of guys with MW strikes from one spell. 

This is all theory-hammering that we get something equivocal. 

Hint for February White Dwarf "A whole lot of Gold!"

......Thousand Sons possible? We certainly do have a heck of alot of gold on us.

Or AoS Stormcasts and Adeptus Custodes...

The psychic powers certainly look good. I would say that bodes well for TS but we were given Tz firestorm so who knows really.

Crap, forgot about Custodes.  Stormcast are released almost every month so I dont bother including them in the "release schedule" :teehee:

funny enough "tzeentch daemon" can still count for our daemon engines; useful.

Forgefiends wounding on 2s anyone? Maulerfiend same, defilers with much Dakka wounding on +2 against most targets. (assuming its any wound roll, shooting or melee)

Edit: well this sours the mood....Changeling is now an aura of 6++ FNP to all tzeentch daemons...and while that is certainly not bad, the -1 aura was great and evidently to good.....Damn you GW. Damn you.

Good. I no longer need to buy his now lol

That WC8 Tzeentch power might well be Tzeentch Firestorm reworked don't you think ?

Except if passed its at least 1MW. I was having a discussion about this recently and someone brought up pretty much everyone gets a harder to cast Smite like power so there is that. Also unlike Tz firestorm that on a lucky roll will do multiple MW to one character lucky rolls here could see you do multiple MW/wipe units. Especially those that bunch up to use a HQ aura.

At least there's a bunch of Twitch stuff this week- maybe they will announce the next books.

GW will have a presence at LVO too, so maybe they have an announcement planned there as well, but it's the end of Jan so anything coming early Feb would already be announced.

Good. I no longer need to buy his now lol

I would no longer call him an auto- include but I think he still has a use. Plus since it appears we can combine the effects with our "Tzeentch" "Daemons" so I think the Changling will still find its way into lists.

Im just going to have to pick up more Pink Horrors with the changes to Blue and Brimestone horrors.

Tzeentch faction focus today:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/03/faction-focus-tzeentch-daemonsgw-homepage-post-3/

So yeah Gaze of Fate........ Psychic Test re-roll bubble from a character... Flickering Flames on my Forgefiend for +1 to wound rolls.

YES PLEASE.

If the Thousand Sons get anything even on par with that it'll be nuts. Book and cards, fellas.. We dont need new models.

So the unusual hyperlink in the Faction Focus is for a Gaunt Summoner. I wonder if that means he will make his debut in WH40k.

Regardless of a 7" move fast attack unit, we need more in that slot we can use.

Also the reveals dont use the typical bolded "keyword" style for describing Tzeentch daemons. I dont think it means anything, but I would hope they don't go or of their way to make stuff incompatible with Heretic Astartes demons.

So take a Tz patrol with Herald, screamers and horrors. Take TS detachment. Give herald Gaze of Fate.

Reroll from gaze of fate useful for a bad Perils on Ahriman, or a dmg roll from lascannon, whatever.

Saves CPs for Cabalistic ritual, OR pop Tz strategem on Ahriman with Disc bc he is Tzeentch Daemon. Reroll psychic tests bubble!! Am i wrong?

So take a Tz patrol with Herald, screamers and horrors. Take TS detachment. Give herald Gaze of Fate.

Reroll from gaze of fate useful for a bad Perils on Ahriman, or a dmg roll from lascannon, whatever.

Saves CPs for Cabalistic ritual, OR pop Tz strategem on Ahriman with Disc bc he is Tzeentch Daemon. Reroll psychic tests bubble!! Am i wrong?

INGENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This adds some more fun to my Daemon-Engine spam list....I totally forgot they on discs are in fact daemons. 

another added bonus; Changeling would confer his 6++ to Ahriman/Sorcerers meaning that against a perils they get a save of some sort (FWIW

We need to wait the codex to tell, really. Right now nothing of this works because Tzeentch Daemons are not TZEENTCH DAEMONS.

Just like the Daemonforge stratagem doesn't work on THOUSAND SONS DAEMON VEHICLES because they only work on "Chaos Space Marines DAEMON VEHICLES" (ie : daemon vehicles inside Chaos Space Marines detachments).

We need to wait the codex to tell, really. Right now nothing of this works because Tzeentch Daemons are not TZEENTCH DAEMONS.

Just like the Daemonforge stratagem doesn't work on THOUSAND SONS DAEMON VEHICLES because they only work on "Chaos Space Marines DAEMON VEHICLES" (ie : daemon vehicles inside Chaos Space Marines detachments).

While tempering of excitement is due. The Khorne faction focus has keywords properly bolded and capitalized. So it might just be formatting error and i think the two armies will continue to be complimentary until our codex drops. We will have to wait till codex drops or full reviews exist. To truly keep them from swapping I think it will take specific wording like in the CSM codex that exempts Death Guard and Thousand Sons.

As much as I would love to see Chaos Daemons and Heretic Astartes perfectly compliment each other the prospect of deepstriking the wonder twins into enemy lines turn one does seem rather unfair.

"Select a Tzeentch Daemon Character in your army"

Yeah ill wait to see codex like you Nym but the daemonforge strat logic wont apply on this one. Not without more info anyways.

I'm getting blasted off the table and failing powers left & right. Cant blame me for trying to make it work

"Select a Tzeentch Daemon Character in your army"

Yeah ill wait to see codex like you Nym but the daemonforge strat logic wont apply on this one. Not without more info anyways.

I'm getting blasted off the table and failing powers left & right. Cant blame me for trying to make it work

Right there with you. My last 3 games have been the same, most things go well until about turn 3. I just can't keep up with the free re-rolls and variety of combos you find in the codex.

Not that I’d expect it, but a ‘flickering flames’ type power would be freaking sweet, especially if combined with VotLW! Wounding anything smaller than a land raider with inferno bolters on a 3+ YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Not that I’d expect it, but a ‘flickering flames’ type power would be freaking sweet, especially if combined with VotLW! Wounding anything smaller than a land raider with inferno bolters on a 3+ YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

If this is the case we could totally do without a lot of adjustments. Maybe a little more in the way of mobility or infiltration and we'd be set.

Personally, I'd be more than okay if we lost access to generic Chaos strats/disciplines it if that was an aura effect and a Strategem for +1 wound and a warp type power.

Archived