With an eye to the past I look try to divine the future.

Raven1

Been playing t.sons since 2nd. I also know the rollercoaster it's been to play these guys. Man I miss 3.5 codex. I just feel that our release was a test bed to see how a legion would do for sales before launching fully like they did with death guard. Now if they leave us as is and not fill us out let they should, then nothing will have really changed in my experience on how GW treats the sons. I have hope though that there are a few hidden kits on the way.

Been playing t.sons since 2nd. I also know the rollercoaster it's been to play these guys. Man I miss 3.5 codex. I just feel that our release was a test bed to see how a legion would do for sales before launching fully like they did with death guard. Now if they leave us as is and not fill us out let they should, then nothing will have really changed in my experience on how GW treats the sons. I have hope though that there are a few hidden kits on the way.

I dont have an issue with the kits, we have a decent selection...its just not a big one.  

We get all the standard tanks and daemon engines, and we have our 4 unique units + 2 characters. Its not bad. More then many get.  *BUT* it ends up being bitter sweet since Death Guard got...what was it? 10 Kits? (discounting the Dark Imperium/easy to build stuff...)

No it's not bad, but after see how it feels after world eaters and emperors children get the same amount of kits as death guard. It will feel worse then. That's why I feel we won't stay like this with the amount we have for too long.

I’m have absolutely zero issue with the kits that we have, that are marvelous and beautiful. The problem, as stated above, is we do not have enough units to fill a codex. I’m really interested in seeing what GW decides to do... in the meantime, I WANT MY LEGION TRAIT!!!!!!!!

That moment when you feel even community leaders don't view your faction in any form of regard:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/01/itc-2017-40k-year-in-review-statfest.html

Not a single Thousand Son. Must have all been locked in a library.

Nurgle is stinky so I don't care they were missed.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that one it's BoLS,

two

While this doesn’t include the soup factions of Chaos or Imperium

but you can see Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons, and Chaos.

Third it does not include Death Guard either

Fourth it includes Knights Renegade and Dark Mechanicus which aren't factions in their own right.

Given the BolS piece, I think our current legion trait is be ignored period. :)

Cool rules will make me buy more models unless it’s something like Paladin777 mentions. No need to buy more if the rules focus on modifying existing rules.

If they don't know whether or not they are implementing a BETA rule in testing, why would they print rules bypassing its negative effects. Nah, I wager our trait will be something different for psykers and possibly iyanden style morale for All is Dust units.

I really hope that our trait isn't psychic based, unfortunately. The psychic phase landscape is so volatile that any change would dramatically change our dynamics more than any other. Further, it limits our unit pool, as you'd typically avoid things that don't provide benefits from our trait.

I'll be happy with anything but let's keep psychic phase based things as aura, strat, or special rule. Chapter tactics need to apply to our whole army, all 50 models.

Since every Legion Trait applies to Infantry and Helbrute units I don't think it will have something to do with casting stuff since Helbrutes can't cast spells. Maybe if such a unit receives a buff it can also re-roll 1s etc.

Further, it limits our unit pool, as you'd typically avoid things that don't provide benefits from our trait.

Good point but I think I would lean to disagree because you see Space Marines take vehicles all the time that are effective and do not benefit from a trait

CONFIRMED by codex writer/whatever on Warhammer TV- So long as you have a separate detachment of Codex: Chaos Daemons units, you have access to the demon book stratagems and those such things can be used on heretic astartes units like Mortarion etc etc because IN GAME the faction keywords and keywords are all one in the same.

Heck yes!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/new-year-new-armies-reveals-new-years-open-day/

Holy moly, our codex got announced! We will get the Tzaangor Shaman, Tzaangor Enlightened and the Mutalith Vortex Beast as new units. Im PUMPED! That beast is a gorgeous model and the Enlightened could be a new fast attack choice.  

Archived