With an eye to the past I look try to divine the future.

Raven1

Yeah I'd definitely assume them being assault weaposn. Heavy weapons as only weapon option on a disc unit doesn't make much sense and it doesn't seem like a rapid fire weapon either.

well, it's not the only option. they have pistol/chainsword and the spears too.

Sorry, only ranged option. And no I don't consider pistols as a proper ranged option. :P

Any word on spear load out stats or speculation. My guess is they will be similair to tzangoor blades on foot as the alternate cc option to autos and chains.

Spears might be anti tank with some warp charged spear attack?

Hey cool I'm looking through my Disciples of Tzeentch book for Age of Sigmar and it shows Tzaangor Enlightened on foot. 

I'm thinking about why the heck, if we get that option, we would do it...

well, you could deep strike them then. Deep strike with the spears, warptime, charge, fight twice :)

My proposal is Ba-zangor(s).

Why? Because Sheldon (from Big Bang Theory) is a funny character, and his way of saying it, would make them sound as annoying as they are probably going to be to out opponents :D

"Ba-zangors, punk!" :D

I just hope the codex explains how something with a beak can blow a horn.

Probably a reed instrument instead of brass, like a wicked saxophone of change.
And now I'm hearing Careless Whisper and imagining the closing credits of Deadpool...except with a little cartoon Tzaangor instead of DP.

So guys, with the complete reviews being up today, what do you guys like the most from this Codex?

In general I hoped for a few new models but do think Thousand Sons are workable when mixed with Tzeentch Daemons to have that nice balance between expensive choices and cheap choices who can act as a really decent screen of models.

But all in all I don't play it but am interested in it when I finish my Khorne. The appeal to do multiple mixed Chaos forces is there for me.
http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Thousand-sons-art-40k.jpg

I play at least 3 HQs in a Battalion 99% of the time. I'm very excited to put the Helm of the Third Eye and the Dark Matter Crystal on two Exalted Sorcerers. I also think it's cool to stack a dakka predator w/ combi bolter and use the Inferno Bolts stratagem on it. So yeah at this point I'm already down 4 CPs but whatever. 

I just sent my first reach out bitter e-mail ever. I am very excited for what the codex brings to the table, but I was upset enough that the two unique unit model kits of the TS were neglected in any form of addition or adjustment. It just actually blows my mind.

I play at least 3 HQs in a Battalion 99% of the time. I'm very excited to put the Helm of the Third Eye and the Dark Matter Crystal on two Exalted Sorcerers. I also think it's cool to stack a dakka predator w/ combi bolter and use the Inferno Bolts stratagem on it. So yeah at this point I'm already down 4 CPs but whatever. 

The stratagem only buffs one gun, not all guns.

There is seriously no reason to ever use it.

Sounds like a bast (hah! get it? :P)

In general I am really impressed with the Deep Strike Strat aswell. But having said that I think mixed with Chaos Daemons there are quite a lot of choices who allow for some awesome options. Looking forward to hear about how the Artefacts will work out for you. 

I just sent my first reach out bitter e-mail ever. I am very excited for what the codex brings to the table, but I was upset enough that the two unique unit model kits of the TS were neglected in any form of addition or adjustment. It just actually blows my mind.

Which specific kits do you mean? What would you have expected instead and what did you mail?

I'm completely new to TS so would love to hear some more ideas and the like. But generally what you do like before complaints because ultimately you arn't going to play what your upset about anyway ;) 

Generally speaking though I only have that few minor things I wish where there. Not upset about it just thinking, cool that there is Tzaangor upgrade kit but I'd rather see a GW kit adressing the Rhino/Pred look and/or a Helbrute that visually matches the Thousand Sons.

I'm specifically referencing the SO and Rubric Marines as unit kits. All others were HQ or AoS+Sprue.

I basically just explained how the core of the legion was neglected while the development team seemed to concentrate on synergy of all the new entries. What I'd recommend is something we brought up early in this thread, auras for the sorcerers in unit that reflect the TS cults. Corvidae for RR 1 to hit, Pyrae for RR 1 to wound, Athaneans for RR 1 on all saves, etc.

There were options without kits but they took a different path, which I'm fine with, but completely neglected the base of the Legion. Nothing for any form of Rubric, a nerf (pending FAQ) to Soul Reaper access, and we didn't even get the rest of the model options for stock Tzaangors (ie. Shields or 2 handers). It's unfortunate, and I still only see the direction of TS as Abhuman Zoo ranglers with robot butlers instead of slavers who burn those who oppse them, as Tzeentch does, and integrate anything that benefits their pursuit of knowledge.

Edit: Regarding I won't play what I don't like is a fallacy. People play what they have, or for reasons beyond what the rules are. If I'm primarily a hobbyist and enjoy the TS esthetics then that's what I'll end up playing. Money and time are finite.

Starting a new army in 40k is a significant investment and players shouldn't see the direction of their core shift away from their namesake. Adding these units to raise the data slate level to warrant a codex shouldn't have came at the cost of any focus for the Rubrics.

The narrative that has formed or drived the fan base has been focused on the Rubric and pursuit of knowledge, not taking in abhumans or beasts.

It's like telling your wife you want Double Bacon Cheeseburger and she brings you home a Cheeseburger Pizza. While delicious, it isn't doesn't fill the craving and doesn't meet the expectations clearly laid out. As every husband here knows, if we actually made a decision on what we wanted for dinner without saying I don't care we're serious.

Archived