New codex coming this year...

Leonaides

Intercessors are a lot more competitive than say tactical Marines.

"That one thing nobody wants to take is better than the other thing nobody wants to take". It really doesn't matter who of those two are better since if possible they get replaced by a unit from the Elite, Fast Attack or Heavy Support section anyway. :D

That being said, I disagree. The strongest Marine lists I've seen so far use a bunch of Tacticals with a Lascannon and potentially a Plasmagun and not a single Intercessor unit. Spreading out Lascannons over different units really helps against alpha strikes and debuffs etc. so they are more popular than Devastator Squads lately and Intercessors just can't do that.

Tactical Marines are more points for the build you suggest. One Lascannon shot on a 3+ doesn’t cut it. I know you get likes from old school players stuck in the past for whatever reason - that is fine but it is not competitive though. To me Primaris Marines are other units to choose from - I like them with no prejudice and will use them as I see fit.

If the DC thing is true then the rest of the codex could be pictures of fruit for all I care. Thats all i want.

It's unlikely to be the case, I'm afraid.

:(

I agree. There's no fruit on Baal so there'll be no pictures in our Codex.

Intercessors are a lot more competitive than say tactical Marines.

"That one thing nobody wants to take is better than the other thing nobody wants to take". It really doesn't matter who of those two are better since if possible they get replaced by a unit from the Elite, Fast Attack or Heavy Support section anyway. :biggrin.:

That being said, I disagree. The strongest Marine lists I've seen so far use a bunch of Tacticals with a Lascannon and potentially a Plasmagun and not a single Intercessor unit. Spreading out Lascannons over different units really helps against alpha strikes and debuffs etc. so they are more popular than Devastator Squads lately and Intercessors just can't do that.

Tactical Marines are more points for the build you suggest. One Lascannon shot on a 3+ doesn’t cut it. I know you get likes from old school players stuck in the past for whatever reason - that is fine but it is not competitive though. To me Primaris Marines are other units to choose from - I like them with no prejudice and will use them as I see fit.

Never said they cost the same amount of points, just that they fill a role in the Troop Section Intercessors can't fill. And the lists with multiple Lascannon Tacticals is NOT because someone just had some around. It's a serious list build on serious tournaments. I'm not pulling that out of my :cuss nor is it a list I personally tend to pay since I like more mobile units and plan to build a Primaris army anyway, it's just something I've observed multiple times now.

You can try to ignore it as much as you want but Lascannon Tacticals ARE more competetive than Intercessors. Period.

The tacticals with lascannons that won the first GT Heat were run with Guilliman. That result can not be applied to BA directly. I think intercessors are more competitive now that they have dropped to 18 pts per model.

Hadn't realised this.  At 18 points, I may even try work them in somehow.  That's quite good for midfield.

Vertical red line on a yellow base is 2nd company.

Cross is 1st, Diagonal line (top right, bottom left) is 3rd, horizontal line is 4th.

That's all they showed in the book I have to hand, but I think I've seen 5th is a saltire somewhere.

I was just perusing the SM dex yesterday and noticed that Guilliman has rewritten the Codex Astartes; some companies have up to 20 squads in them now as there's allowances for squads to be permanently assigned to Battle Companies from Reserve Companies (to make BCs more effective in any given engagement).

Primaris are cool, though I don't plan on adding any to my BA collection, and I'm quite alright with the way the story is developing but some of the poses on these models just blow my mind. Has anyone tried standing up and putting their torsos into the position of this Lieutenant (or the Chaplain for that matter)? Maybe their enhanced physiology makes it a bit more doable :laugh.:

EDIT:Just saw a partial WD page that has BA dice/cards on it but no pics of the emblem or info on stratagems.

Edited by NTaW

The tacticals with lascannons that won the first GT Heat were run with Guilliman. That result can not be applied to BA directly. I think intercessors are more competitive now that they have dropped to 18 pts per model.

Well I was talking about all Marines, not just UM or BA specific lists and I also was obviously talking about a state before the CA release. ^^

I agree that at 18ppm Intercessors are really not bad at all. It depends tho what else you have in your list. If you already have plenty anti-infantry (which is a subject to change as well with the Assault Cannon cost increase) and only need some anti-tank firepower Lascannon Tacticals would still be the better choice than cheap Intercessors for the Troop slots.

I'm hyped for the Stormhawk and if we can really take them the Terminator variants, but I couldn't care less about the other units to be honest. Okay the Hunter looks pretty awesome as well so maybe if it has good rules I'll care about that one as well. :P