New codex coming this year...

Leonaides

Anyone looked into if one extra attack is better than a -3 AP? not so sold on the chainsword without some buff

Depends on what you are facing. Against hordes, the extra attacks are better. Against MEQs, the AP-3 of the power sword is better. Then again, the chainsword is also 4 points cheaper.

I actually kind of like the Chainsword. Intercessors are mostly objective campers and fire support. I don't see them charging forwards so spending a lot of points on power weapons doesn't seem like the best use of points. But a chainsword is +1A for free so why not?

I think I'm gonna cry.

We get rules for cataphractii AND Tartaros??

It means I can clear a bunch of stuff that I was unwilling to make a move on painting due to no 40k rules. Storm hawk up next after my vindi!

BA Sprue a little underwhelming. I'd have liked a funky chest at least. The pistols redundant and the chainsword out of scale. Will stick with the normal upgrade sprue for shoulder pads.

As is a power sword.

Exactly. My point is +1A for 0pts is not bad. AP-3 for 4pts isn't either.

Yeah but having a single Power Sword on a Sergeant has a much bigger impact than a single Chainsword.

With it the unit goes from “no real threat to well armored targets“ to “better don't mindlessly charge/get charged by that unit with your well armored guys“ while the chainsword doesn't make any difference like that.

I don't think anybody is saying that we wouldn't rather have the power sword because we obviously would. The chainsword is perfectly serviceable if an objectively less-good option and I'll continue to make heavy use of my intercessors regardless of the melee weapon on the sergeant.

If we get option for both in the codex id be happy, we won't though as they'd have given codex marines chainswords as well if it was going to happen.

From the moment we saw the PDF we knew the Vs sprue would have a chainsword. It was just a case of hoping for a more exciting looking one.

A chainsword is great for what it costs.

Yup. 

And who knows, guys.....it may have been a smart decision on the part of GW on account of it being even better than the PW with our new bonuses !! 

Time will tell. 

A chainsword is great for what it costs.

Yup. 

And who knows, guys.....it may have been a smart decision on the part of GW on account of it being even better than the PW with our new bonuses !! 

Time will tell. 

Do you know things?

It feels like you know things :biggrin.:

He know many things. Morticon's an intelligent chap after all.

If the DC stuff rumors are correct, the a 15 strong JP unit with only chainswords with a cheap old sang priest riding shotgun suddenly becomes the most bananas assault unit in the game

Please remind me which rumour you are talking about.

If the DC stuff rumors are correct, the a 15 strong JP unit with only chainswords with a cheap old sang priest riding shotgun suddenly becomes the most bananas assault unit in the game

Please remind me which rumour you are talking about.

That DC will be getting the same rules as Khorne Berzerkers e.g. "Attack again" etc