New codex coming this year...

Leonaides

Aye seem we have access to Hunter, Stalker and Stormhawk for sure.

For those who can't access the actual leaked image (it's like a 1/4 of a page with the photo cropping out half of each paragraph...so temper expectations), this is the quote from WD regarding "new old" units being added:

"We also looked at the wider range of Space Marine miniatures and added units to both Chapters' army lists--like the Hunter, Stalker, Stormhawk Interceptor--as there was no reason for either Chapter not to have them..."

Emphasis added by me to who that it's not necessarily a conclusive list. I would wager we'll also see Stormtalons (I hope!), and different Termy armors. Personally, and this is just IMHO, I hope we don't get Centurions of either variety because our unique CQC units are buffed to the competitive level they should be.

Also, our brothers over on The Rock have more images of the WD as well ( http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/341033-codex-this-year/?p=4941187 ).

Regarding the BA dice:

"For the Blood Angels, 12 are in red and black, four in gold and red, and four are black and red. With the Blood Angels dice, take a closer look at the skull representing a one..."

...if they finally have a BA symbol on the 6 and a skull on the 1, I may actually finally buy some. Two or three, perhaps.

Edited by Indefragable

Regarding the BA dice:

"For the Blood Angels, 12 are in red and black, four in gold and red, and four are black and red. With the Blood Angels dice, take a closer look at the skull representing a one..."

...if they finally have a BA symbol on the 6 and a skull on the 1, I may actually finally buy some. Two or three, perhaps.

Skull on 1s and BA symbol on 6s would make them an auto-buy for me I think.

Regarding the BA dice:

Why do I read that as 'We put fangs on it!'

Regarding the BA dice:

Why do I read that as 'We put fangs on it!'

Because that's what it most likely means. ^^

Vertical red line on a yellow base is 2nd company.

Cross is 1st, Diagonal line (top right, bottom left) is 3rd, horizontal line is 4th.

That's all they showed in the book I have to hand, but I think I've seen 5th is a saltire somewhere.

5th is alternate quadrants (or even checquered in some areas). At least it had better be otherwise I’ve been doing it wrong :-)

Edited by Ekfud

Vertical red line on a yellow base is 2nd company.

Cross is 1st, Diagonal line (top right, bottom left) is 3rd, horizontal line is 4th.

That's all they showed in the book I have to hand, but I think I've seen 5th is a saltire somewhere.

5th is alternate quadrants (or even checquered in some areas). At least it had better be otherwise I’ve been doing it wrong :-)

Hey all, I recently posted the BA company heraldry in the BA today thread. It's not all confirmed, but based on classic heraldry and what we know of BA and general marine heraldic items.

I'm am also thinking that Vahouth. You are probably on to something.

I am thinking Red Thirst.

The white dwarf tease about if the captain should fall to the thirst the Lt takes over seems in line with this also.

If we get super badassery we are going to have to pay the piper somehow. =)

If this is the case, I hope it is implemented in such a way as to not be TOO random.

Game upsetting for me or my opponent I mean... but still has character and impact.

I always hated when my devastator marines ran off to bonk something with the heavy weapons back in the day =)

I also hated it when I rolled well on all my key assault guys and ran my buddy the hell over based on a few rolls. (not as much as above but I like a fun game for both sides).

But loved the overall flavor and idea. Mostly it all worked out for great fun as I recall.

There are alot of cool ways they could do this with the new rules today and make it fun and awesome tho.

Re-rolls, strategems, a warden aura etc all play into this.

Relic of Chill on the Captain keeps the devastators shooting and ummm chill perhaps.

I built this squad for murder so am gonna re-roll that Red Thirst perhaps.

I am betting it will be cool currently. Potential is there for certain.

Anyhow, I am guessing that this is gonna be a thing.

Thought occurs that our reinforcement Primaris Marines are apparently outside the effects of this for better or worse also.

So maybe that is the stable fire support etc.

Edited by Crimson Ghost IX

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/26/blood-bowl-blood-angels-battle-companies-next-weeks-pre-orders/

From ^

It’s official. We get Cataphractii, Tartarus, Stormhawk...AND Stormtalon.

Based on WD leak, we also get Hunter and Stalker.

No word on Centurions, Thunderfire Cannons, Land Speeder Storms or any other missing bits.

Edit: Palwatch has a quicker trigger finger.

Edited by Indefragable

Think like you’re on a used car lot. “New to you”. We are getting at least 4, likely 6 units from the vanilla book. Tartaros, cataphractii, stormtalon and stormhawk.

And probably boxes with a Primaris Unit + Upgrade Sprue, like they did with the deathwatch.

Think like you’re on a used car lot. “New to you”. We are getting at least 4, likely 6 units from the vanilla book. Tartaros, cataphractii, stormtalon and stormhawk.

And probably boxes with a Primaris Unit + Upgrade Sprue, like they did with the deathwatch.

They have posted pictures of kits like this on one of the WH Community articles. They showed boxes for Blood Angels Intercessors, Agressors and Hellblasters.