Sly Marbo returns!

Seahawk

Awesome model, I hope this and Slambo are indicative of a return of the "Collector's range" in a wierd sense. Ie; Sculptor's personal projects getting cast up and released for the general public.

Would anyone mind telling me if he's resin or plastic please?

Since he's from GW it's 99% likely it's a plastic model. ^^

Next should be Macharius or Schaeffer's Last Chancers redone and with rules, but that's just me and Christmas time. Maybe Gaunt.

I find it funny that we can soon field the Stallone/Sheen (platoon-sheen) old model alongside the new Schwarzenegger/Lundgren variant, a few more years and we'll have our Expendables 40k :D

Edited by Isolia

Next should be Macharius or Schaeffer's Last Chancers redone and with rules, but that's just me and Christmas time. Maybe Gaunt.

I would very happily build an entire army around the Last Chancers or the Tanith First and Only. So cool. Wouldn’t need too many kits either. Make it happen GW!!!! Please.....

Marbo is great but I do feel like he’s gonna make the rest of the Catachan line look even goofier by comparison.

I would very happily build an entire army around the Last Chancers or the Tanith First and Only. So cool. Wouldn’t need too many kits either. Make it happen GW!!!! Please.....

Marbo is great but I do feel like he’s gonna make the rest of the Catachan line look even goofier by comparison.

Unless Catachans will get a new sculpt... 

Wonder how long it will be until BoLS pass this comment off as Breaking News. 

Awesome model, I hope this and Slambo are indicative of a return of the "Collector's range" in a wierd sense. Ie; Sculptor's personal projects getting cast up and released for the general public.

Dunno about that, while I certainly hope so, Slammbo, Centos, and Veridyan were GW too and are all resin...

The point is either that nowadays we have to put up with models being released late because New GW apparently feels it can't trust 3rd parties to not make a Sly Marbo model in the 6-odd weeks since the codex came out but the model wasn't ready yet, so he's not in the codex, or GW is deliberately staggering model releases for brand new codexes (which are therefore rendered almost immediately incomplete), again, for the same reason - fear of 3rd parties, and no one'll complain because hey you get the rules in the box anyway. (Which I think is your point).

That's not how it works. At all. The IG book was printed months in advance (see immediate Commissar patch in reaction to a problem that only became apparent a few months after Index hit, once people actually painted enough conscripts). So, either GW knew Marbo would be delayed way back in May/June, and decided to delete him from book then, giving them clairvoyance powers, or Marbo was always slated to be released 'when he is done' and was delayed by GW power problems, like hauler.

Plus, your argument doesn't even really make sense, because if Marbo was in the Codex, everyone would just think these are rules for his old metal mini and no one would have rushed to produce new one, as if a recaster wanted to make not-Marbo, they had plenty of time and opportunities to do it over entire last decade...

Dunno about that, while I certainly hope so, Slammbo, Centos, and Veridyan were GW too and are all resin...

The point is either that nowadays we have to put up with models being released late because New GW apparently feels it can't trust 3rd parties to not make a Sly Marbo model in the 6-odd weeks since the codex came out but the model wasn't ready yet, so he's not in the codex, or GW is deliberately staggering model releases for brand new codexes (which are therefore rendered almost immediately incomplete), again, for the same reason - fear of 3rd parties, and no one'll complain because hey you get the rules in the box anyway. (Which I think is your point).

That's not how it works. At all. The IG book was printed months in advance (see immediate Commissar patch in reaction to a problem that only became apparent a few months after Index hit, once people actually painted enough conscripts). So, either GW knew Marbo would be delayed way back in May/June, and decided to delete him from book then, giving them clairvoyance powers, or Marbo was always slated to be released 'when he is done' and was delayed by GW power problems, like hauler.

Plus, your argument doesn't even really make sense, because if Marbo was in the Codex, everyone would just think these are rules for his old metal mini and no one would have rushed to produce new one, as if a recaster wanted to make not-Marbo, they had plenty of time and opportunities to do it over entire last decade...

Your first point is fair.  I don't think it requires clairvoyance however to know Marbo would be delayed; either he obviously was, hence why he's coming out now, or he wasn't and they've stockpiled him for later release, which gives no valid reason to drop him from the codex. Of course the codex is prepped months in advance; any releases for it should be too!

I think (hope) that the delay was primarily down to the production problems, which are apparently severe.

As for your last point, he could never have been in the codex just for the old model, as GW don't make rules in new codexes for entries without models, remember? If the rules were in the codex they would have to produce the model to accompany it, as they have done now.

Look at Sergeant Bastonne; generic looking, meant to build your own to match your army, hence uncopyright-able, no model, so now no rules, so now no incentive for GW to bring him back...shame, as he was my favourite low-level dudesman.

:facepalm::cry::wallbash::censored:

Why????

I don't even. Is there some weird faustian pact GW have to follow that dictates the only resin releases are random, really cool single models/anniversary/celebration minis?

I mean, if it was FW resin, that'd be OK, but I'm not trusting anything 'resin' from GW proper.

Edited by Leif Bearclaw

All I know is that my friends Sambo got damged by the sun heat when he left him among his plastic models durning a weekend game break. If the resin is the same for w40k models, I would not advice to buy them in places where it is very hot or very cold.