Sly Marbo returns!

Seahawk

Is this some kind of test to see how many of us are 'dedicated' enough to schlep down to a GW on Boxing Day?

I don't get it. It's only going to hurt their sales. :unsure.:  It's not like it's digital content, where you can charge a premium to those who want to get things early, but instantly. Most people just won't bother, which looks like apathy for the model, instead of the method.

It kinda makes me wonder how they do it in those European countries where the 26th is a public holiday (so no open GW stores). Just not sell him until some point next year?

In general, didn’t White Dwarf say 23th?

According to the Facebook shops of some of the GW Stores in my area, they will hand im out on 23rd!?

Which will be... like running through Armageddon bare naked.

How is that going to hurt their sales? He'll be available later on anyway.

'We've given out X Marbos per store'

'We've only sold 0.3 X Marbos per store' (because nobody went down to their GW for many, varied reasons)

= Hurt sales, relative to the potential. (And actual demand).

(And also potential short-sighted 'huh, guess nobody wanted Marbo' feedback)

A sale is a sale, (or lack of), 'later on anyway' has no impact on how many they'll sell next week. (Well, not a positive one anyway!)

Aside from this the whole thing is a ploy to get people to come into a GW store on Boxing Day, obviously, which is fine, but this just isn't the way to convince us. How 'bout a sal-*BLAMMM!*

How is that going to hurt their sales? He'll be available later on anyway.

'We've given out X Marbos per store'

'We've only sold 0.3 X Marbos per store' (because nobody went down to their GW for many, varied reasons)

= Hurt sales, relative to the potential. (And actual demand).

(And also potential short-sighted 'huh, guess nobody wanted Marbo' feedback)

A sale is a sale, (or lack of), 'later on anyway' has no impact on how many they'll sell next week. (Well, not a positive one anyway!)

Aside from this the whole thing is a ploy to get people to come into a GW store on Boxing Day, obviously, which is fine, but this just isn't the way to convince us. How 'bout a sal-*BLAMMM!*

Which is entirely pointless since even if they sell only a few it's still more than not selling them at all and in the long run there won't be any difference since they just keep the models for the actual release and sell them then.

Just because there was one day with few sold products it doesn't mean they are hurting their sales ... or do you seriously believe that there are many people who want the model who suddenly won't buy it just because it was available at one day some time before its release? lol

Edited by sfPanzer

It kinda makes me wonder how they do it in those European countries where the 26th is a public holiday (so no open GW stores). Just not sell him until some point next year?

In general, didn’t White Dwarf say 23th?

According to the Facebook shops of some of the GW Stores in my area, they will hand im out on 23rd!?

Which will be... like running through Armageddon bare naked.

My GW has a separate AoS Sigmarine available for the 23rd, and Sly for the 26th.