11 hours ago, Dosjetka said:

Nice freehand work on the latest additions to your Crusade!

I must say, I'm a little surprised to see a Librarian in Black Templar colours: what's the reason behind this model, if you don't mind explaining please? :)

Well, I was surprised with this shift in my perspective, as well. But I figured that I am entitled to this little act of defiance. GW has changed so much that I thought I can go with the flow and get a cheap model that I always liked. Funny thing is that I liked the model better when it wasn't painted; though, painting blue armour for the first time was quite fun.

In practical terms, I wanted to have the option to field a psyker. I expect that around 30-50% of my around-300-model-strong army will become invalid within an edition. I am not going to re-buy all of that so, I figure, I'll be left with proxying models either way. Even GW suggested to use squat-marine bikes as proxies for outriders and attack bikes as their ATVs. And if feel I'm forced to proxy stuff, I might be tempted to use other rules for my chapter and, finally, after many editions past, use some magicks for my marines.

The in-world justification is that my Crusade became renegades - they are loyal to the Imperium but under the influence of a warp entity that persuaded them to reintroduce Librarians.

... or as another forum member suggested, my neophytes need some target practice ;)

11 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

I really like the litanies/text on the cloth :thumbsup:

Thanks! It's silly, but I'm particularly proud of these. Don't know why but they came out surprisingly crisp.