Knightsword Posted June 9 Author Share Posted June 9 (edited) Thanks everyone for the kind words. @Brother Christopher I hate those holsters so much. I agree on the disconnect. @Heraclite I'm open to the possibility of this, however I can only seem to find the Adepa Sororitas combi weapons (at a non-insane price). Do you think that would fit size-wise? Edit: I've found the old Devastor squad sergeant combi weapons on ebay! Edited June 9 by Knightsword update 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6174636 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Knightsword Posted June 11 Author Share Posted June 11 Forged ahead with painting whilst I wait for the new combi weapon to arrive, and as if it was a sign from the Golden Throne, I dropped him after taking these photos.... and the only thing to break was the combi weapon snapping clean off ready for the new one to be attached! 5 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6175007 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heraclite Posted June 11 Share Posted June 11 That was meant to be then ! 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6175023 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Knightsword Posted June 11 Author Share Posted June 11 @Heraclite the new combi weapon arrived literal minutes after I posted too Seems to be just as tall as the Primaris scale one, just not as long. Quite happy with it. 2 1 5 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6175069 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Christopher Posted June 12 Share Posted June 12 The older combi looks better. It's not as bulky, I think. Overall, great work. Exceptionally quick, too. I'd love to be able to paint as quickly as you do. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6175140 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Knightsword Posted June 13 Author Share Posted June 13 @Brother Christopher Thanks. I'm only quick on characters. You should see all the poor Intercessors sat half painted because I can't stand painting squads. It helps that the rest of the household is enjoying Nurgle's gifts, giving me more free time. Calling him done now. Lord Teyrnon d'Lothian, Captain of the 5th Company, Master of the Hunt. 4 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6175368 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dr_Ruminahui Posted June 20 Share Posted June 20 I prefer the new combi - its shorter length makes it look less akward, IMHO. Anyway, he's looking great. 1 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6176365 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Knightsword Posted June 25 Author Share Posted June 25 @Dr_RuminahuiThanks! Didn't get the 11th ed box as I wasn't massively interested in many of the Marines and I'm not in a position to start an Ork army yet. I did however want the Captain as a base for my 6th Company Captain. It's nice to do a simple conversion once in a while. Lord Jareth Frostrane, Master of Tournaments, Captain of the 6th Company. 3 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6177134 Share on other sites More sharing options...
kabaakaba Posted June 25 Share Posted June 25 Do you plan to add something to him? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6177207 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Knightsword Posted June 25 Author Share Posted June 25 @kabaakaba Not sure yet. I may try to sculpt a tabard over the pteruges as those don't really fit the Chapter's aesthetic, however I don't have a good track record with tabards so on the fence about trying. If I owned a dremmel I would have customised the shield a lot more. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6177216 Share on other sites More sharing options...
kabaakaba Posted June 25 Share Posted June 25 (edited) Than why don't buy one? I mean there is now a lot of really cheap like $15 which enough to work with plastic and resine. As of tabards I think it's a matter of practice. When I make cloaks for ogryns it's like 5 or 6 attempts before I've got acceptable result. Edited June 25 by kabaakaba Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6177218 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Knightsword Posted Monday at 11:11 AM Author Share Posted Monday at 11:11 AM Some wips of the proxy Headtakers, not that they'll probably see the tabletop now based on the reviews of the new Space Wolves rules. 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6189431 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted Monday at 03:01 PM Share Posted Monday at 03:01 PM I'm so pleased to see you're still working on these. Love the extra "knighty-ness" of your conversions. Black templars have a unique look, that I wouldn't quite attribute to true "knightness." Your Headtakers look great! 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6189472 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dr_Ruminahui Posted Tuesday at 12:17 AM Share Posted Tuesday at 12:17 AM He looks great - even if headtakers stink in the new codex (which I'm assuming from your comments, I have no knowledge or opinion myself), the models would sit well for any number of similar models across the various Chapters (such as bladeguard, DA inner circle and UM vitrix honour guard). I dare say (though, to be fair, I doubt you would go so far) you could even field them as Emperor's Children Flawless Blades. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6189560 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Knightsword Posted Wednesday at 10:30 AM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 10:30 AM Thanks as always for the kind words. On 9/28/2026 at 4:01 PM, space wolf said: I'm so pleased to see you're still working on these. Love the extra "knighty-ness" of your conversions. Black templars have a unique look, that I wouldn't quite attribute to true "knightness." Your Headtakers look great! Yeah I wouldn't not finish them to be fair. I think I'm definitely shifting towards projects for fun rather than getting models for a viable list , at least until later into the edition. Got some fun ideas for my Chapter Leadership lineup with a Master of Sanctity using Helbrecht as the base. I've managed to get Fafnir Rann's head and the Dark Angels upgrade big open relic book bit from ebay. I'm thikning the serf that holds Helbrecht's gun will instead hold the book. Also toying with redoing my Chapter Master / Logan proxy (for the 6th time...) to use Logan's body as a base so that he's got a better silhouette as the Leviathan Terminator Captain I used is crouching and feels short because that. I'll transfer his arms, head and cloak to the new body if I do this. On 9/29/2026 at 1:17 AM, Dr_Ruminahui said: He looks great - even if headtakers stink in the new codex (which I'm assuming from your comments, I have no knowledge or opinion myself), the models would sit well for any number of similar models across the various Chapters (such as bladeguard, DA inner circle and UM vitrix honour guard). I dare say (though, to be fair, I doubt you would go so far) you could even field them as Emperor's Children Flawless Blades. Unfortunately it does seem that Bladeguard will outshine Headtakers, at least initially, so these will likely be run as Bladeguard when I eventually start list building unless the Headtakers get an update after the Index comes out. I'm happy focusing on passion projects for the time being. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/342619-knightswords-wip-thread-count-as-arjac-rockfist/page/16/#findComment-6189790 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now